PDA

View Full Version : Thigh high slippage.....figured it out

sierracd6
05-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey girls....the answer is elmers stick glue...those of you that have kids know what it is....It works great and washes off even better...........:tongueout

newwoman5
05-28-2006, 06:20 PM
You should try JMS thigh high. I can wear them 8 hours with no slippage.:love:

Rhonda Jean
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Several years ago I bought a pair of lace-top thigh highs. They may have been intended to be worn with a garter, but the picture on the package didn't show any. Anyway, i got dressed and headed out on a 300 mile car trip. About half way I stopped to walk aroud a mall and stretch my legs. I was wearing a knee length skirt. When I was about as far from my car as I could possibly get in the mall my thigh highs started slipping. I snuck behind racks trying to descretely pull them up. Once they started slipping, there was no keeping them up To make a long story short, I reached a point in my return to my car where there were no more places to hide. I ended up walking the last little bit through the mall and then across the parking lot with the lacey tops of my hose around my ankles, and, yes, people did notice! From then of it's been panyhose only for me!

Phyliss
05-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs are about the best thing I've found that simply do not slip, period. I can wear them for 8 hours and not have a single problem. I mean an 8 hour day on a construction site, where "slippage" could have very harmful results.
True they may not have a real pretty lace top but it is functional.

KathlyLC
05-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Not trying to insult any nationalities or age brackets etc, but it was common for lots of women who were from old europe to wear thier stocking around their ankles when I was growing up. It seemed to be the norm for a lot of them. I am orginally from Pennsylvania, and the area had a lot of folks from the old world living there, and the women went about day to day routines with a babuska on their heads and nylons around their ankles and if it was a Saturday odds are had rollers in their hair as well.

I personally find the thigh highs to work best if the area the top band is on is totally free of any hair. I did buy a large lot of lace top thigh highs in various colors and patterns one time, that were being osld at dirt cheap prices when local store went bankrupt........Most if not all of them would slip in a short time no matter what you did.Dopn't know if the stuff thats on the top band was old and lost its stickion or if they were just el cheapo hose that originally ha da high price and now being sold at what should have been the right price or what, but they did work fine with a garter belt so they were not a total waste.

KathlyLC
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey girls....the answer is elmers stick glue...those of you that have kids know what it is....It works great and washes off even better...........:tongueout

Staple gun works better ;-)

Nikki Dee
05-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Suspender belts...(Garter belt to our Colonial cousins)....rule...O.K. ?
Nikki. x

ava_bruna
05-29-2006, 05:37 PM
mine slip some as well, even the so called best one's so I use my gater belt but make sure your hook's are metal and not the cheap plastic which break very easy espg if trying to use on stay up's, BUT!!! this is me :) huggie's. Ava.

luky charm
05-29-2006, 05:46 PM
i think a garter belt is a good way to go. always with thigh highs, i wear the garter belt, although around my area they are not easy to find. but when i find a pretty one, it's mine, and really it adds to the "grrr" of the outfit, especially when wearing a short skirt and the garter can be seen just under the hem, grrr, that's NYLONS!:D

Joy Carter
05-29-2006, 05:53 PM
We gurls have smaller thigh maybe it's a size problem+? But the two pair that I have bought stayed up pretty well but then how much walking can you do in a closet. LOL :cute:

sparks
05-29-2006, 06:16 PM
We gurls have smaller thigh maybe it's a size problem+? But the two pair that I have bought stayed up pretty well but then how much walking can you do in a closet. LOL :cute:

Depends on the amount of pacing Joy. I did try Elmer's white glue but found it was way to messy and the time it took dry. Oh that was stick glue! Must have been my blonde wig.

gwenrob43
05-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Garter belts are best! If you're looking, try Fredricks of Hollywood. They usually have several different styles, colors, and ON-Sale!

Hugs,

Gwen:love:

older not wiser
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Well in the first place inorder to avoid slippage thighs MUST be clean shaven.just like the legs. Second the correct size must also be worn. I have tried many and worn them all but the best ones that I have found are the ones with 3 elastic bands,they hold the best.

Love;
BonnieAnne

PS: I am and forever will be a pantyhose girl, they solve alot of potential problems

Kathrynn
05-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Ladies, just my thoughts on this issue. I have been wearing JC Penny brand thi-hi's for over a year and have not had any problems. They stay up were they are supposed to. And i have also tried and like Just My Size from Wally world. I think they are made by Leggs, and have had no probelms with slippage as you say.
Kathrynn