PDA

View Full Version : Do I or don't I

tasha
05-28-2006, 04:16 PM
This question has probably been asked a few thousand times before, so please don't get upset.
We, my gg and I have been invited to a 21st birthday party at the end of the month, and you guessed it, it's a fancy dress party. My gg knows of Tasha and helps out greatly, but the problem is the party is for one of her family members, do I go as Tasha or scrap the idea completely? A few of the younger members of her family know and think its great, but the other more conservative members don't know and word spreads quickly in a small town. This would be my very first (cringe) public outing as Tasha. Any help and ideas would be great.
Thanks

sierracd6
05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
If you and your GG think it is ok, then go for it.....she is the one with the family to deal with. you two talk it out .....but if she says no, then I woul;d not press it..............well...too much

Cherry Lynn
05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
What does your wife think about you going as Tasha? If she is OK with it and you do not mind everybody knowing I would say go. Of course I love to shock people and you may not wish to do that. I would be all for it if it was me and my wife was OK with it.

Kate Simmons
05-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Go as your guy self Hon. A lot less explaining to do even though you'd rather do otherwise. Ericka

tasha
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
She has told me she will be there beside me every step of the way (as long as i don't punch anyone out). She was the one that suggested I go as Tasha. I will step carefully in the next few weeks as to not blow my chances and have her change her mind and make me go as a ghost or something. I will be posting photo's of the event too, as this is a big deal for me.

sierracd6
05-28-2006, 04:28 PM
If you may punch someone out...then don't do it...it will bring more problems than it is worth.............

Zelda Noe
05-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi Tasha :wave2:

I would be sensitive to your gg friend here. Also because some of the members invited are "more conservative", you don't want to unnecessarily offend them. I know some on this forum would say, "so what, go ahead and be yourself anyway". But the key here is that this party should be for the family member. So...in my view...the attention should be directed to her "special day" and not to yourself. You don't want to embarassess your gg friend by tons of negative talk or attention. If it ended up being something which caused verbal words of conflict at the party itself...your purpose in dressing would be spoiled...your gg friend and the conservative guests offended.

So...I would say NO, go in drab...wait until the time is right to go out in public. Let what you do be done in love...thats the right motivation. Love is never self centered...always "others" centered. Some people have a more sensitive conscience... be sensitive for their sake and for the person the party is being held for.

Hope this suggestion helps you.

Cordially, Dandy :happy:

PS: Title supposed to be "Your Inner Motivation...oops!

Julie York
05-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Don't do it.

Why choose a first outing situation fraught with problems? Do it another time.

Byllie
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Your SO is the one to call the shots, here, not you. This is not unlike any other situation where something about you might cause friction with her freinds and relations. You might just say something like, "I love you and trust in your judgement. Whichever you choose is fine with me."

Your relationship with your SO far outweighs any urge you might have to dress up. Life is one continuous compromise.

Sharon
05-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I have a simple question: was it Tasha who got the invite? If so, then dress away to your heart's content. If not, then it wouldn't be appropriate.

Okay, next? :p

older not wiser
05-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi Tasha, Some of the girls say "DO IT" and some say "DON'T DO IT'. I'm going to include my .02 cents worth also. I say "DON'T DO IT". Your wife or SO got the invite, not Tasha, second as you said it is a small town and word spreads fast, thirdly do you want to cause all sorts of trouble within the family? Go in guy mode and have a great time, your SO will really appreciate it even if she doesn't say so.

Love;
BonnieAnne0.02

Phoebe Reece
05-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I have to be on the side to say go ahead and dress to the nines for the party, providing your SO is genuinely supportive of that. Besides you having a good time, it can actually provide a bit of cover for your crossdressing. If someone later accidentally comes across your clothing or sees some photos of you dressed, you can always say "Remember that fancy dress party...." and just laugh it off. For many years I went dressed to Mardi Gras, Halloween parties, and even played female roles in amateur stage productions. I had photos of some of these things on the wall in my office at one time. If any of my friends, coworkers, or supervisors ever put two and two together, they never let it on to me. Most of them could barely believe it was me in the photos.

Tracy_Victoria
05-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd have to say no! dispite it being what seems an Ideal time, the clue is really in the title, ie Fancy Dress, and thats not what you would be going in.

you really need to respect your GG's family here, the fact she can accept you does not mean others can, and sadly nothing losen the tounge or the mind of respect for others, more than Drink!

Maybe a way forward is to ask the hosts, if this would be okay, giving them an idea of what to expect, rather than just dropping in, for all to see. As there really is a difference in a man that dresses up as a woman, for a party and a laugh with the balloon bust, and the silly wig, and us girls that do it for so much more than that!

hope this helps

btmgrl6
05-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Nope..... I wouldn't do it.

Steph

KateW
05-28-2006, 06:19 PM
As it's a fancy dress party, it is best to go as a character / theme rather then simply in women's clothing. This will throw people off the CD track somewhat, while leaving you to explore your feminine side safely in public! Hows about you and your GG friend go as a themed couple, but her as the male and you as the female. Some examples off the top of my head include:

Robin Hood and Maid Marian, Peter Pan and Wendy, Fred and Wilma Flintstone, tart and Vicar, Rocky Horror characters, Superman and Lois Lane, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, Little Red Riding Hood and Wolf, doctor and nurse, female cop and robber, Bonnie & Clyde, Romeo & Juliette, Samurai and Geisha girl, doctor and nurse.

Most importantly - have fun, let us know how you get on, and post some pics!!!

Kate

xxx

Shelly Preston
05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
The fact is you have to consider the reason for the party.
It's for the 21 year old who should be the centre of attention.

Dont do it

If it was a normal fancy dress party I would have said go for it

Rhonda Jean
05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Don't do it. Sounds very tempting, with all that encouragement, but upstaging the guest of honor is always in poor taste.