PDA

View Full Version : A better breast form adhesive...

Robyn2006
05-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Just wanted to pass this on. I ALWAYS wear my breast forms attached (transform classics, size 8... a 38D for me) and have always used Hollister's adhesive. But from a tip I got here, I bought another adhesive called Nu-Hope. It is simply WONDERFUL! It comes in a bottle that looks and behaves a lot like rubber cement, but only needs to be applied to the forms (one surface). It is so much easier to apply then the Hollister spray can, a lot cheaper, and I'm now FINALLY able to get all the edges of my forms glued completely. And the hold is FANTASTIC! Highly recommend this to any of you who wear your forms attached!

Though I"m sure available elsewhere, here's the link to were I got it:
http://www.continentostomystore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NUH2400&Category_Code=

xxxooo,
Robyn

trannie T
05-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I've recommended NuHope in other posts. You can find it in pharmacies that carry ostomy supplies.

Robyn2006
05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
I've recommended NuHope in other posts. You can find it in pharmacies that carry ostomy supplies.

Yes, you are the one who tipped me on to this. Thanks so much!!!

Barb Valentine
05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
I have to give it a try
Thanks of sharing

Bernadina
05-28-2006, 09:24 PM
How easy is it to remove the forms when you want to, with the Nu-Hope adhesive?

jennifer easton
05-28-2006, 09:53 PM
So how do you remove it from you and your forms!xoxoxoxjennifer

tabitha_az
05-29-2006, 12:46 AM
my question also. How do you remove it and does it damage the breast forms in anyway?

Wenda
05-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I used an adhesive that had a latex base, but I got a nasty chem burn from it, not once but twice. I have since been using 3M super 77 successfully, except the edges sometimes dont hold. How many applications can you expect from one bottle?
Is there a cleaner for the forms to remove residue? I eventually found turpentine would remove the latex based adhesive. Effective and relatively safe, but horrid odour.

Kristen Kelly
05-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I used an adhesive that had a latex base, but I got a nasty chem burn from it, not once but twice. I have since been using 3M super 77 successfully, except the edges sometimes dont hold. How many applications can you expect from one bottle?
Is there a cleaner for the forms to remove residue? I eventually found turpentine would remove the latex based adhesive. Effective and relatively safe, but horrid odour.

You are joking I hope

KellyCD
05-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Speaking of adhesives, I finally tried the super 77 on my "Big Girls" size 12(I end up as a 38DD) and I must say it was wonderful. It was the first time I have ever attached my forms and it was a awesome feeling.

No damage to my forms but just what I was expecting when it came to take them off, not too hard but you do peel them off.

tabitha_az
05-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Speaking of adhesives, I finally tried the super 77 on my "Big Girls" size 12(I end up as a 38DD) and I must say it was wonderful. It was the first time I have ever attached my forms and it was a awesome feeling.

No damage to my forms but just what I was expecting when it came to take them off, not too hard but you do peel them off.

i am new to the adhesive thing. Is this tape? where do you get it?

Wenda
05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
3M Super 77 is a spray adhesive available at most office and art supply stores. Kristen seemed shocked that I used turpentine to clean the adhesive from my forms, but turpentine is a completely organic solvent produced from by-products (sawdust and shavings) from the lumber and wood manufacturing industry. Aside from a rather repugnant odour, turpentine is quite benign, it is an active component in Vick's vapo-rub, and can be used to eliminate internal parasites! I have used petroleum-based solvent, but it is more harsh on your hands when you are removing the residues. Isopropyl alcohol will also remove any residue of adhesive from your chest, but, when I have the solvent or turpentine out, they are more effective, and a nice bath removes the odour.
Some tips: you only need to spray the adhesive around the edges of your forms (although I avoid the areas which would cover my nipps, I haven't had any ill effects from adhesive on my nipps). You don't need a lot of spray. Let it dry at least 10 minutes. The only time I had any tingling/burning was when I sprayed on the adhesive, and applied the forms almost immediately. Last night, I sprayed my forms, then had to run an errand. Didn't get to apply them for over an hour and a half. Woke up with them at body temp this morning. Hated to take them off. They honestly start to feel like they are a part of you.
Oh, another tip, you can microwave your forms, before or after spraying, to make them nice and cozy. You will need to experiment to learn how much time it takes to warm yours to just above body temp. They seem to retain the warmth for a long time, and just feel 'Nice'.
I love my boobs. :) :) :) :) :)

Melissa Ann
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Can you go braless with this Adh?
Melissa Ann

Wenda
06-01-2006, 11:53 PM
You can go braless, especially with smaller forms. I am wearing #5 from Silicone Works right now, with a sleeveless sport top. These are my GF's favourites. They warm to body temp quickly and feel very natural. I used to be muscular, so have some flesh on my chest which gives them some movement when I walk. I wore my largest, #9 to bed last night. This morning one was still perfectly attached, while the other had let go along the inside edge a bit. It seemed a shame to take them off, but I think #9s would be noticed at work! :happy: :happy:

trannie T
06-02-2006, 01:35 AM
So how do you remove it from you and your forms!xoxoxoxjennifer
The same pharmacy will also sell you adhesive remover in a spray or wipes. As to whether the adhesive will damage your breast forms, try it on a small area first and see what happens.
For those with very sensitive skin there is an adhesive which contains zinc oxide, it's supposed to be real easy on the skin.

Robyn2006
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Sorry it took so long to get back to some of your questions... it's been a busy week! To the question regarding the removal of Nu-Hope... well, it certainly is not the same as removing Hollister's adhesive, as it seems to have different chemical properties entirely. That is, Unii-Solve does NOT work all that well... and Goo Gone has no affect whatsoever on it, as it does on Hollister's adhesive. However, the Nu-Hope Cleaning Solvent works GREAT and removes all the adhesive quite well (see link below), though I think it is nothing more than turpintine and QUITE toxic, so be careful when you use it... that is, use it in a well ventilated area! And as far as I have found, it has no adverse effects on my breast forms at all. And again, can't say enough how much easier it is to apply than the Hollister spray, and so love how it is able to adhere the edges of my forms to my chest... not to mention it being MUCH cheaper!

In all, I've used it four times now and have had not any problems with either a skin reaction or problems on my forms. I REALLY love it!!! :jumping:

xxxooo
Robyn
http://www.nu-hope.com/xccess/addclean.html

Stephanie Miller
06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
I have used Hollisters, Super 77, Smith-Nephew and double sidded tape. I'M THINKING SUPER GLUE NEXT! :eek:
The problem seems to be (because of the high outside temps in Arizona- so keep your minds out of the gutter:rolleyes: ) that I perspire between the forms and skin, therefore breaking the bond. Does this new stuff hold up under such conditions?