PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance

Connieminiskirts
05-29-2006, 12:48 AM
I am hoping what I am going to say makes sense to you all.

After I lost my 2nd wife in Jan. '02, I fell headlong into being Connie as often and as much as I could. I went back on the road driving truck and dressed as much as possible on the road. I dressed pretty much all the time when here at home. But I was alone in this, I was afraid to share or "come" out to my daughter, or anyone else for thta matter.
I had joined a freinds support group on the net, and I took a chance and posted a poem I had written that was a letter to my dad. Which pretty much put me "out there". And as I expected I got a lot of questions and had a lot of people, mostly female, tell me that I was their friend and it didnt matter what clothes I wore. Several even asked for my Connie email addy!!
It went so well with the group that I decided to tell my daughter. She collected my mail and had full access to the house so I thot I should tell her before she found out on her own. She did NOT at all like it and said she would never have anything to do with "this Connie person".
So I dropped it.
A bout a couple weeks later I was at home when a very good friend stopped by unexpected. Thot she was in Az vsiting her kids. Gena was 63 at the time. She knocked, I thot it was my daughter, so I just said, come on in. And lept folding my lingerie and other things from the laundry.
Gena saw the bra's and panties, and picked up a bra, looked at the size tag, I was very nervous, and just asked how her kids were doing. She ignored my question and looked at me, "This wasn't your wifes bra, its too small, you gotta girlfriend kiddo?" Gena and my wife had been very good friends. I looked her right in the face and said, "No, no girlfriend, its mine." and I took it from her. she said "yea right" so I just lifted up my t-shrt and showed her the sports bra I was wearing. She just looked at me and asked what else I wore, so I took her in the bedroom and showed her my things.
This sweet lady looked at me and then she gave me a hug and told me that she did not care what I wore or who I was. That I was her friend, that she was my friend and that I was welcome to come to her home as eother of my selves anytime I wanted. She even said if her grandaughter( who then live with her and was 23) didnt like it, she could leave and come home later!
This floored me totally.. This sweet friend was raised in Christian home with a father who was a Presbeterian Minister!!! I never in my wildest dreams actually thought she would accept me. I figured I get the old "your going to hell" speach. But Gena just said to me that she learned a long time ago that we each must make our own way and besides that God loves everyone and she went on to say that neither she nor anyone else had any right to condemn anyone without first making sure they were without "sin" first!
I was so blown away thatthe next time I was home, I put on my favorite outfit, redminiskirt, grey turtlneck, the whole nine yards, makeup wig boots and I went and visited her. I was welcomed with open arms! Her grandaughter came home while I was there with her little 2 yr old son and she just said "HI" I was introduced as Connie and we all sat and yacked for an hour or so. Before I had to go change and pick up my grandaughter for the weekend.
It was a wonderful day and experience. One I will treasure for all time.

I just wanted to share this with you all. But its so sad that while many friends are so understanding and accepeting, at the same time family is not and I guess thats what hurts me the most. My daughter finally accepts, and thats great. But my own sisters and brothers just condemn and ridicule, but as Gena said, "We each have to choose our own way"

Thanks for reading sorry I was so long "fingered" lol

Deidra Cowen
05-29-2006, 07:15 AM
I am very gald your friend was so accepting! Thats a very cool story and thanks for taking the time to write it. :thumbsup:

CharlaineCadence
05-29-2006, 07:27 AM
First of all connie i myself have lost two wives so if you ever ever need a friend pm me hun.

as for your friends congrats hun.

kiss kiss
char

Krystenw
05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
A very similar thing happened to me with my mother-in-law. My wife new about my "secret" before we ever got married. We have been together for 32 years now, and the only time I get dressed up like a guy is to go to work or to church. And even then I wear unisex scrubs.
I am happy for you. It is good to have a friend to confide in.