PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Middle Eastern Clothing...

Na'ima
05-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi, has/would anyone here wear Middle Eastern/Islamic clothing?

I prefer this clothing, the flowing gowns and soft feel while being able to have yourself wrapped around in beautiful fabrics and keep whatever you like for yourself underneath.

I have heard of a few westerners who like this and maybe there are some more here...

If you have befoire, what do you like most? I love to wear the niqab especially bushiya niqab and abaya.

Julie York
05-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Black does go with everything after all. You can wear it with black and...black....for the traditional look....or push the boat out and wear ...black.

Or are you thinking of Indian clothing?

Tina Dixon
05-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Seems like there's a couple of gals here that wear there heritage well and that style of clothing and look well doing it.

Julie York
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing then. I thought Middle East Islamic dress was the long black gown with long black headdress.

Laura Jane
05-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing then. I thought Middle East Islamic dress was the long black gown with long black headdress.

Indeed, dressing up as a tent doesn't appeal to me! Can't say their women would enjoy it much either!

Julie York
05-29-2006, 12:39 PM
It would make passing in public easier but by its very nature it is intended to hide all indications of female body shape and any hint of a sexual nature, so I'd think that most CDs would not find it an attractive form of clothing by definition.

But each to their own.

Na'ima
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, I mean the clothing you are referring to, not Indian clothing, which is very expensive although it is very beautiful too!

Perhaps many of you have only seen women in black on TV as many countries enforce this, however you can see many wearing pink and many other colours, especially now in the western nations.
Although many women are dressed in the loose clothing, many choose to wear others and will resemble western clothing but with certain styles. You can see many different clothings available.

Perhaps I will get some pictures to show you!

Tina Dixon
05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Search throught the picture section, there wear a couple of gals that posted pictures there, may take some time but they are there.

trannie T
05-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I would look better in a burqa. They also make makeup easier.

Na'ima
05-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Search throught the picture section, there wear a couple of gals that posted pictures there, may take some time but they are there.I searched through but didn't see any of them.

Nasira
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi, has/would anyone here wear Middle Eastern/Islamic clothing?

I prefer this clothing, the flowing gowns and soft feel while being able to have yourself wrapped around in beautiful fabrics and keep whatever you like for yourself underneath.

I have heard of a few westerners who like this and maybe there are some more here...

If you have befoire, what do you like most? I love to wear the niqab especially bushiya niqab and abaya.

I am here Na'ima, I am one of those westerners :p

My favourites are abaya and khimar with 3 layer niqab. Would love to talk with you and anyone else about it all!

Nasira

Nasira
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Black does go with everything after all. You can wear it with black and...black....for the traditional look....or push the boat out and wear ...black.

Or are you thinking of Indian clothing?

Indian is nice too, sari is sexy and shalwar kameez is great too.
We're not all restricted to black, its just more common ;)

Nasira