PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up

Kate Simmons
05-29-2006, 12:54 PM
This may be a strange question but I'm curious. I realize in everyday life, it's best to dress practical but I was wondering how many GG's enjoy dressing to the "nines" when they have the chance? Also, how does your SO like it when you do? I, for one, think it's nice when gals dress up. How do you CD gals like it when you SO dresses up? We try to look nice as our femme selves but I think it's really neat when women do it as well. Makes the world a more attractive place in my book. Ericka

~Kitty GG~
05-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't like dressing up to the nines.

I like to be comfortable.. Doesn't mean a lifetime of sweatsuits.. I love soft flowing sundresses and skirts and tops. Always more to the casual side tho.

I don't like paying for or caring for 'spencive dress up clothes. I don't like having to have all the right accessories or having to be all made up..

I like to be barefoot.

I like to look and feel feminine. I have no desire to appear male or sexless.

The whole cocktail dress and tails scene doesn't appeal to me. Of course it did when I was looking forward to prom.. and homecoming.. and my wedding.

So I suppose that might be part of it. Or I just have a short attention span.:D

However Dee dresses is pleasing to me. Even when she comes in from the forge w/ soot on her nose in raggedy old clothes. She's just as beautiful to me then as when she's dressed to the nines. Because she smiles now. And that makes me smile.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

kathy gg
05-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I personally do enjoy dressing up 'sometimes'. THis may account for about 5 hours at least two weekends a month. THese are the times when I really do 'dress to the nines". But yes, day to day, well it is impossible. Unless someoen wants to vounteer to watch my kid while I spend the hour to do my hair and make up? :p

Does my SO like it? well he does. But he also likes me natural with messy hair and no make up. he is either blind or strangely still in love?

Maureen Henley
05-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Erica,

I also like getting dressed up fancy. I like wearing stocking all the time, so anytime it's appropriate, I'm in. I do enjoy seeing GG's dressed up. I understand about the effort, the restrictions, and the after work, which is why most GG's don't do it all the time. But it looks great. Put me down for any dressy occasions.

But he also likes me natural with messy hair and no make up. he is either blind or strangely still in love?

Kathy,

I think his eyesight is fine, and if his brain is as good as his eyesight, he's still in love with you