PDA

View Full Version : Pets....?

Chandra Marie
11-18-2004, 06:22 PM
I was just woundering if we as CDers had a strong preferance for one type of pet over another?

Wendy me
11-18-2004, 06:23 PM
i have a black lab he has a pet cat

Sharon
11-18-2004, 06:24 PM
NO -- I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, and a hampster when the youngest was..., well, young.

Amelie
11-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Insects,,,I have a spider I found in a cellar. I think he will die soon.
That's OK, I'll just feed him to the bat I see flying around my block.
Amelie

Tonia
11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
I was just woundering if we as CDers had a strong preferance for one type of pet over another?
I love Kitty's .
Tonia

Wendy me
11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
i would have said farm amimals but that jut not laddy like(whole nouther thread )

Julie
11-18-2004, 06:31 PM
I have a cat and dog but used to keep at times mice, rats, gerbils, fish, frogs, stick insects to name a few others.

I nearly bought a snake a few months ago but I'm such a softie I couldn't see myself feeding it mice. :)

JJ

Wendy me
11-18-2004, 06:34 PM
the boys photos.yahoo.com/cdingme ;)

racquel
11-18-2004, 06:35 PM
large dog.just had a water colour of him done because he has congestive heard failure and i wanted to get a picture while he was still healthy.the downloaded picture came from the lady who painted him as i dont have a digital camera yet.didnt really want one till i found this forum,now i want to post.(i cant send the picture it says it is too big and i have no idea how to reduce it.another time maybe).

Stephanie Brooks
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
...named Oz. With piggies, it is difficult to determine their sex until they're older. Had he been a she, her name would have been Ozma, the female ruler of Oz. I purposely chose a name that could easily be changed to whichever sex/gender. ;)

(L. Frank Baum's Oz books is where I discovered the character Ozma.)

DonnaT
11-18-2004, 07:00 PM
I prefer dogs, we have an Australian shepherd, Bonnie. She saved the house from a fire recently when she alerted our son. The under-the-counter Black&Decker toaster oven had come on by itself and was overheating. She's 8.

We also have a cat (Princess), was our daughter's but she can't have pets in her Apt. Princess is around 20.

Georgette
11-18-2004, 07:03 PM
A spoiled rotten Dachund named Ferdinand, and I mean spoiled as of right now he is telling me that he wants a treat.
They are a smart breed.
HUGS

Chandra Marie
11-18-2004, 07:59 PM
It seems Dogs & Cats are about equal, and with only one girl not likeing pets we seem to be animal lovers:p .
We have 7 cats. Cooper, Tyson (after Mike Tyson 'cuz he bites ears when you try to sleep) Micro-Kitty (Mikey for short), Mulder (After the X-Files) Toby, Daisy Mae and PuppyKat (He looked more like apuppy then akitty when he was small)

KewTnCurvy GG
11-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Well I've had cats, dogs, newts, african frogs, fish, birds and camealons. I currently have a cat, named coco, that I call "The Ten Titty Wonder Kitty". I'm going to get her a cape someday that says that.

hugs
kew

Bernadina
11-18-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure that the hedgehogs would appreciate being called rodents. The hedgehog is actually classified as an Insectivora.

Have caught hedgehogs and taken them home as a kid, I would not recommend them as pets. Mainly because they are coverd in sharp spines. Its very difficult to remove them when they get stuck in bicycle wheel spokes. Cuddling them is impossible.

We seem to aways have had a cat or two and almost everything else including snakes, lizards, tadpoles, fish, dogs, igquanas, hampsters, rats, guinea pigs, etc.

Now all we have is one cat. And probably that will be thr last pet.

Chrissycd
11-18-2004, 11:24 PM
without my little friends who I love dearly, and who bring me joy every single day from the moment I wake up, until the wee hours when I lay me down to sleep. :)
Chrissy

KewTnCurvy GG
11-18-2004, 11:52 PM
i would prefer Amelie for my pet !!!!

maude

Maude, grrly, yer twisted, eh? :p

hugs
kew

Rachelle A
11-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Over the years I have noticed that most CD/TG/TV's have: Cats, are into Wicca, and are Computer Techs!

kimmjacoby
11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
I Have 2 Cats, A Siamese (9), A Ragdoll (2) And A New 6 Month Old Pup(newfoundland@80lbs). They Are My Best Friends And Full Time Companions. When I Lay On The Couch Watching Tv, They All Lay On Top Of Me At The Same Time! What A Great Winter Fur Blanket(peta Should Use Me As A Centerfold! Or Maybe Penthouse! Haha)

Sharon
11-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Over the years I have noticed that most CD/TG/TV's have: Cats, are into Wicca, and are Computer Techs!

Wicca? Really?

Bernadina
11-19-2004, 10:27 AM
That's pretty close. Not quite Wiccan though. Spiritualist. And yes what do you want to know about about 370 Assembler language programming? Our cat refuses to learn it.

Fiona K
11-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Rabbits and Gunea Pigs in our house!!
Fiona
xx

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Dont have any pets at the moment, but I love cats.

Paula A
11-19-2004, 11:44 AM
We have both a dog named POLYESTER. No kidding and cat. The cat has an atitude like don't bother me and is very fickly with her affection. Poly on the other had doesn't care she is just happy I'm home and greets me exictedly everytime and is there to comfort me when I can't talk to anyone else.
I've also had good affectonate cats, but right now I'm partial to the dog.

Tristen Cox
11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
For me I voted cats. I grew up with dogs. Wouldn't mind an exotic animal.

But for pets I have always thought of myself 'as' a pet :p

love
T

Lucy Coleman
11-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Cats, every time. mine are now getting on in years,

I have 2, Sam 19 years old and in need of a good set of dentures :) and Sprog who despite being 18 and a bit of a bruser still spends hours chasing his tail like a kitten.

babe4life
11-19-2004, 12:44 PM
I am definitely a dog and cat person. Not a big fan of the exotics. I want something I can cuddle! :p

At the moment - 1 cat named Whiskers (original, aren't I!) and four dogs. Beautiful animals. Those that I have cammed with have seen my baby :)

Love,
Vicky

Amanda Y
11-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Its a dogs life for me! I have the most beautiful spoilt Blue heeler (Australian cattle dog). Her fav place 2 be is always beside me!
Horses are my other weakness when it comes to pets, I sold my horse about a year ago as I couldnt give him the time he deserved and it was cruel to let him sit in a paddock and I do miss him but I sold him because I loved him!

Just remember one thing girls...... Dogs think they are human
Cats believe they are god!!!
Hugs Amanda

Amanda Y
11-19-2004, 04:21 PM
I prefer dogs, we have an Australian shepherd, Bonnie. She saved the house from a fire recently when she alerted our son. The under-the-counter Black&Decker toaster oven had come on by itself and was overheating. She's 8.

We also have a cat (Princess), was our daughter's but she can't have pets in her Apt. Princess is around 20.

Hi Donna, What does an Austrlian shepherd look like? Im an Aussie girl and have never heard of the breed!

Ashleigh
11-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Voted Dogs. I have the cutest teacup Shih-Tzu :p (pronounced sheet-su thank you very much) who is a constant companion. Couldn't have a better dog. She only weighs about 10 pounds full grown. My daughter's cat is slightly bigger :eek: and yes, the jokes keep on coming.

DonnaT
11-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Well Amanda, it's not from there. Here's a link: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australianshepherd.htm that gives a little info.

Here's an old picture of ours:

http://members.aol.com/knifecut/Pictures/bonnie.jpg

JennyCD
11-19-2004, 05:21 PM
*sigh* my pet preferences aren't listed to choose from. They are:

1. Birds. I especially like parrots and cockatiels. I've owned several through the years.

2. Rocks. I once had a pet rock that was trained to attack. But only my little brother. :)

Chandra Marie
11-19-2004, 05:24 PM
*sigh* my pet preferences aren't listed to choose from. They are:

1. Birds. I especially like parrots and cockatiels. I've owned several through the years.

2. Rocks. I once had a pet rock that was trained to attack. But only my little brother. :)
I'm sorry Jenny, I compleatly forgot birds. Boy do i feel stupid as thought hard about the choices. As for pet rocks, they are to high mantinace for me:D .