PDA

View Full Version : Walking In 'High' Heels!

Trinity
05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Heya people i just want to ask you all a question! Is it just me or when you wear any heels over 5" do you get pains down the sole's of your feet after about 30 minutes? I have 3 other pairs of 3", 4" and 4 and a half inch heels but anything 5+ really feels uncomfatable?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3841/hh116xq.jpg

I really like my new pair (click link), and i really want to wear them more so does any one have any solutions on how to stop the pain?

Thankies :love:

Terry4537
05-29-2006, 03:38 PM
I just saw an commercial for special inserts to make high heels much more comfortable. Scholls. Terry

Eric/a
05-29-2006, 05:25 PM

I really like my new pair (click link), and i really want to wear them more so does any one have any solutions on how to stop the pain?

Are these broken in at all yet? That can make a difference all by itself. I don't know if there's a PC monitor in the world big enough to see that entire pic all at once in its original size, but from scrolling back and forth a little, it looks like a very sexy white patent pump! I've got some 5 1/2" Frederick's ones myself, except with an ankle strap. Anyway, here's (http://shoes.about.com/od/fashionfootwear/ht/walk_high_heels.htm) a pretty good article I found on walking in high heels. Just to add my own 0.02 , when you're practicing at home, it seems to make it easier if you're wearing other fem stuff along with the heels. Whenever I'm breaking in a new pair, strolling around my apartment in a woman's bathing suit, pretending I'm in a beauty pageant, always works for me! Doesn't take as much time to put on as a whole outfit!:D

Kathrynn
05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry, if i offend you. But why in the world would you want to walking for 30 minutes non the less for 1 minute in 5" heels?
girl they are feet and leg killers.
I have a pair of 5" clogs that i wear with jeans, and i love them dearly. But when i know i am going to wear them for a long period of time, i will wear them the night before, or put them on early and walk around before i go out

Kathrynn

seanmc
05-29-2006, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't want to stand in 5", but I don't mind walking in them. I've never been out of the house in heels, well, other than parking lots and what not, and found walking for whatever amount of time in the parking lots was fine. But then again, I have a larger sized foot (12w-14)

Candy Heels
05-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Dear Trinity:)

With respect to eveyone's opinion, I will offer mine with the hope that I can help you. I do wear quite high heels very often and for extended periods.

May I say moving forward that I like your new pumps a lot and from the photo they seem to fit you very well - a good fit is vital in high heels for comfort.

Walking for 30 minutes in heels should be easier than standing still. I hate to admit it :) but standing for long periods in heels can be very challenging. I think walking allows your feet to move with each step while standing still leaves your weight constantly on the balls of your feet without relief - and that affect will be accentuated with a higher heel.

Even with walking though, it will take a little time for your feet to relax and adjust to being on tiptoe. I hope for your success that you don't feel a lot of tension but I believe it will pass if you are willing to persevere with your new shoes.

Higher heels can be a wonderful addition to feeling your best - I wish you the best of luck and please PM me if there is anything else you think I might be able to add.

Hugs
Candy:hugs:

Jodi
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
The condition of pain in the sole of the foot is called "toe burn". Just ask any gg who has worn heels. She will tell you what toe burn is. Generally, toe burn comes from standing in heels, not walking in them. To help to eliminate toe burn while standing, the trick is to move your feet ever so slightly. This changes the weight on each foot and will enhance circulation. To get the idea, just watch any gg who is standing in one place in at least a 3" heel. Watch how she moves her feet about and changes position. This works, but does not completely eliminate toe burn. One of my gg friends who regularly wears 4" heels told me that she always carries a couple of packets of Ambasol in hr purse. This is the analgesic that one can buy to treat a toothache. She told me that when she gets a bad case of toe burn, she will remove her shoe and rub the sole of her foot with Ambalsol. THis reduces the pain in her feet, just as the ambalsol would reduce a tooth pain if it was rubbed on the gums around the tooth. I have never tried it.

Jodi

Wenda
05-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I have a killer pair of black patent 5" heels with two little straps around the ankle, and and equally awesome brilliant red pair with a 'mesh' top. I love them both but can't wear them for any period of time, compared to my
2 1/2" heels which I can wear for hours.
One thing I have learned, is to "heat size' them. I broke my big toe (and tore a bunch of ligaments up into my groin) at a charity Human Foosball Tournament, noncompetetive. We bought a bucket of beer, drank the beer and put my foot in the ice bucket. One of the other players, affectionately known as Crazy Cindy, found some tape, taped my broken toe to the next toe and we played two more games. Result, the joint on my right big toe is enlarged and tender.
I remembered getting fitted for hockey skates however, and tried my heat gun. I put on a sport sock (creates a slightly larger size than a nylon, and, more important, absorbs heat). I heated the tight area of the shoe, and slipped it on. Quite toasty, but I wore the shoe and walkced around until it was room temp. Then I tried it with a nylon, and, yippee, perfect fit. I have since done the same process with several items that are from man-made materials. You just have to be careful to not overheat the item.

Kate Simmons
05-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Try dancing in them for three hours. Ouch, my achin" bunions. Ericka

LindaTS
05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
I have several pairs of 5" heels and I only wear them when I know I'm not going out that particular day. At home I know I won't be on my feet all the time. When I do go out shopping, etc. I always wear 3" or 4" heels. Those heel heights don't bother me at all.

Georgette
05-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Try dancing in them for three hours. Ouch, my achin" bunions. Ericka

Who dances in them I kick mine off when dancing, maybe thats why I buy stockings by the dozensLOL.:happy:

Talon DeRojo
05-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm comfortable in 3.5 inch heels for a good while. I have some 4 + 5-inch heels, but those are just for short periods of "playtime" at home.:)
Talon

Kate Simmons
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Who dances in them I kick mine off when dancing, maybe thats why I buy stockings by the dozensLOL.:happy:
I usually dance in flats Georgie but I won a bet doing that to the dismay of my sore feet. LOL Ericka

Tara Jordan Campbell
05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
I like platforms, 8 inches is 8 inches (see the avatar pic) ..no problems for me....well wintertine and ice does pose a bit of a challenge....

CDtv
05-31-2006, 11:48 AM
My 0.02 for what it is worth.

Stretch as much as You can. i wear ballet heels on special occassions and as You might expect they can cause some "mild" discomfort (ok they hurt like hell at first). Repeated wear and stretching of feet, toes, calves and thighs plus some light exercises like the one's for rehabing sprained ankles and such help considerably.

Like the catch phrase for the physical minded brutes of yesteryear "No pain no gain"

With everything in moderation anything can be achieved.

High heels forever!!

HaleyPink2000
05-31-2006, 11:54 AM
I have a bad right ankle. So I've been puting off wearing heels over 2".
But last week I did get over E-bay a nice pair of 3" heels with a wide Heel.
Now I'm in the break them in phase. Wearing them 2 times a day for an hour each time. I'm finding that I can walk in them with only a little toe burn. Also that every so often I even forget I'm wearing Heels. Just walk across a room and wash dishes, make lunch what ever. Hope I can do this and it become common place for me.:D

CobraJett
05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Heya people i just want to ask you all a question! Is it just me or when you wear any heels over 5" do you get pains down the sole's of your feet after about 30 minutes? I have 3 other pairs of 3", 4" and 4 and a half inch heels but anything 5+ really feels uncomfatable?

I wouldn't know...if I wear a heel over 1.5" I'll be racking my melon on the average doorframe ...:( ...But my legs look dynamite in them! LoL

CJ

Julie Avery
05-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Heya people i just want to ask you all a question! Is it just me or when you wear any heels over 5" do you get pains down the sole's of your feet after about 30 minutes?

Is this really a serious question?

Julie York
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Anything over 3" be thee work of thee devil!!

jamie_44
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm with Julie, I stay away from anything over 3 inches!

TammyB
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
There are heels over 5" ? :eek: :D If you can walk at all in them you are doing pretty well I reckon.