PDA

View Full Version : Almost Chicken ... cluck cluck ...

mskilmer
05-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I almost had to run to the laptop and post an SOS to you all last night. I've managed to get away BY MYSELF for the weekend :eek:

Got to the hotel and got checked in, then I began to unpack. I think I brought all the femme clothes I own ... EXCEPT the really fab skirt I most wanted to bring. But that wasn't the problem. I spent a long time showering and shaving and doing my makeup. I tried on lots of clothes and picked out a great outfit. Then I put my hand on the doorknob to go out and ... FROZE! I felt myself starting to chicken out. Why does that happen? Anyway, my first thought was, "I need a pep talk from my friends at Crossdressers" ... After standing there for about 10 minutes my SO called to see what I was doing. I told her I was turning into a were-chicken and that I was really disappointed with myself. She sounded so sorry for me, that after she hung up I just walked out that door and headed for the elevator! It was packed, so I just squeezed right in and off I went. We've been here together several times, and I went to one of our favorite bars. I had planned to sit at a table, kinda out of the way, you know? But there were no tables so I just went up and sat at one end of the bar! I ordered one of my SO's favorite beers (Blue Moon) and called her on the cell to tell her where I was. We were both a lot happier! So I sat around at the bar and had another one ... the hotel is only a couple blocks away and I'm a good staggerer. This place actually has two separate bar areas, and I was in the less crowded of the two. So after a while I went around to the crowded side noticed there was just one seat at that bar that wasn't taken ... so I took it! I had another beer while sitting there. Then I walked back to the room.

The phone call from my SO really got me headed in the right direction, but you were all there, too ... pushing me along (I think one of you kicked me! ... you know who you are!)

This morning I got made up again and went out to a huge art festival by the river, and then I went to lunch and had a nice conversation with a very helpful waitress. Then back to the room for a nap. Gotta decide on what to do tonight ... tomorrow I go home.

Thank you all for being so open and so supportive. :hugs:

Ginger

older not wiser
05-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi Ginger, Good for you girl!!!! You did it, You did it. The next time will be ahellva lot easier. I can see from your profile pic you have nothing to worry about. Keep us informed, OK?

Love;
BonnieAnne

Joy Carter
05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Big step there lassie so glad you are having fun ! :hugs:

Tina Dixon
05-29-2006, 05:32 PM
To bad your SO could not be with you?

gennee
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
You did it! Congrats to you. :hugs:

Gennee

EricaCD
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Good for you! I'm delighted that you found the girls here inspiring, though your post makes it clear that yours was the only courage that was required :)

Erica

SherriePall
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Ginger -- Good for you, girl. Really nothing to it, is there? And how about your SO? Being so encouraging of your going out dressed!
Bet you can't wait til the next time out.

Lady Jayne
05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_119.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)Sounds like a great weekend Ginger!
I only wish I was as brave as some of you girls

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZS (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZS)

paulaN
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I am so glad for you. It is so much fun to be out. god I need to go out again.

Brianna Lovely
05-29-2006, 06:19 PM
You go gurl, how brave of you. I'm sure it's just the first step of a wonderful journey.
Warm Hugs,
Brianna

mskilmer
05-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Thank you all so much. It's so much easier to go out when you have somebody "with" you. Don't worry, I'll be dragging you all along again soon!

Yeh ... my SO had to stay home and couldn't come with me. :( But we're gonna come up here together in a few weeks.

You know ... all last week I couldn't WAIT to get away. Right now I'm looking forward to getting back home to my best friend! :love:

KateW
05-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm really pleased for you hun. That took a look of courage!

Kate xxx