PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Underarms/Deodorant

Sarah38b
11-18-2004, 07:48 PM
I shaved under my arms today but I am not sure which deodorant to use. They say do not apply to broken skin. Also is there any kind of aftershave to put under there after you shave?

Love,
Sarah

DonnaT
11-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Also is there any kind of aftershave to put under there after you shave?

That had me laughing, sorry if you're serious, but I could see you hopping around flapping your arms trying to cool off.

No aftershave.

I use "Degree" Either the oxygen or powder sprays.

Sandra H
11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi Sarah.

You do not say if you are in the UK or not. I live in the UK and have been shaving my underarms for over 25 years. The deodorant I have been using for most of this time is “Soft and Gentle made by Palmolive. I find it to be very good. I use Soft and Gentle for two reasons. The first is it is for women, so it is far better than men’s products. The other is it is made using a none sting formula. So you can use it almost straight after shaving.

They make it in several different types; the one I use in the daytime (well at present) is “cool cotton”. It is a nice start to the day when after my shower, I spray on my fem deodorant. Anything fem is right for me. ;) :)

Sweet Susan
11-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Living on the tundra, or just south of it, I don't need deodorant. Aftershave for the armpit, hmmmmmm

Sarah38b
11-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I guess what I am asking if there is something to put on shaved areas after you shave like guys use on their face after shaving?

Sarah

Living on the tundra, or just south of it, I don't need deodorant. Aftershave for the armpit, hmmmmmm

Georgette
11-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Use a good body lotion all over your body I use Jergens ultra same as what my SO uses it works good, yes even my under arms.
I use Dove Sensitive anti persperant it doesn't break me out.
HUGS

Bernadina
11-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Since I started shaving my underarms, I find that I don't need any deodorant. I can usually wear the same shirt for work two or even three times before it needs washing.

However, as I get on one of my soap boxes, beware of any antipersperant/deodorant that contains aluminum in any form. The aluminum has the nasty habit of being absorbed through the skin. And if you happen to use a flouride toothpaste, the aluminum combines with the flouride and deposits itself in the brain. Hello Alzheimers.

Vallari
11-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I use a femme deodarant on my pits after I shave. Actually I ususally wait a while b4 putting anything on my armpits if I dont have to go anywheres. But they say the femme ones are easier on freshly shaved skin then the mens ones are. So far in my expierence that seems to b true. Old spice usually burns like... :rolleyes: . But many femme ones do just fine. Hope this is of some help gurls! :) I havnt heard of any aftershaves though.

Sharon
11-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Since I started shaving my underarms, I find that I don't need any deodorant. I can usually wear the same shirt for work two or even three times before it needs washing.

However, as I get on one of my soap boxes, beware of any antipersperant/deodorant that contains aluminum in any form. The aluminum has the nasty habit of being absorbed through the skin. And if you happen to use a flouride toothpaste, the aluminum combines with the flouride and deposits itself in the brain. Hello Alzheimers.

I learn something new every day! :eek:

ChristineRenee
11-19-2004, 12:10 AM
I used to use Dry Idea but recently switched to Soft and Dri dri gel, the cool and clear fragrance, and found I liked it much better. It is an anti-persperant/deodorant, I need both, and it works very well for me. A nice clean fragrance that is not overly feminine smelling for when you are in drab.

If you want to use a good after shave under your arms after shaving, try Nivea for men after shave sensitive balm. It both soothes and moisturizes your skin and doesn't sting in the process.

Hope this helps.

Love,
Christine Renee

JoannaDees
11-19-2004, 04:29 AM
Why, Secret Baby of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BecomingBrooke
11-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey girls,
I use eaither dove deoderate which is a good female deoderate or i use secrete secrete sparkle which just came out and smells great!

Hey girls,
Any sujestions on how to get rid of ALL the hair becuse i alwasy leave a little.

Love,
Elisha

Natasha Anne
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
I use Dove or Mitchum both for ladies of course!

JennyCD
11-19-2004, 04:19 PM
I use a good lotion all over after shaving. As for deodorant I use unscented Ban or unscented Arid Extra Dry.

Rachel Elizabeth
11-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Well! I have never heard from such a group of frooo, frooo sissies like this.

Women are TOUGH! [At least that's what they all say...."Oh, you men couldn't stand the pain of child birth!!]

Let me tell you...I shave in the shower with just water...NO foam, no creams, nada!

Then, I daintily apply just the appropriate amount of the creamie Secret with just a touch of scentie, scent scent.

Snifffff?