PDA

View Full Version : Odd

Krystenw
05-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I was in Wallmart today and there was a older lady there with several children. Not unusual. The oldest "daughter" had on denum capri's and a ladies t-shirt. She had her hair pulled back in a pony tail. Her makeup was fresh, and she was very neat. The only thing I thought was a little odd was that she had on like 4 inch tall heels. I wouldn't have thought much about it other then she was having some difficulty walking in the high heels.
When I started to pass them the older lady turned to her and said something to the effect that if you are going to continue to dress like a girl and wear clothes like that then you need to either learn to walk in heels or wear flater shoes.
I don't know anything else about it but I kind of felt sorry for her, She sort of looked at me then turned the corner and went down another isle.

Connieminiskirts
05-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Sounds very strange and odd to me as well. But seeing as how we don't know the full circumstance all we can do is hope that this young girl is okay and that her mother will calm down. You may never know the full story, but if you see them again, you might be able to find out alittle more.

Barb Valentine
05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Do you think she might have been a boy who was caught dressing
and being punished?

Krystenw
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I didn't think of that. You may well be right. I know the older lady sure didn't seem to care who was listening.

Cherry Lynn
05-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Do you think she might have been a boy who was caught dressing
and being punished?
That is what it sounds like to me by the older lady saying if you continue to dress "like" a girl.

Teddie
05-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Yep. It sounds like the old, I'm going to take you out dressed, embarrass you, and cure you of wearing girls clothes. Won't work.

Kate Simmons
05-30-2006, 05:49 AM
Yep. It sounds like the old, I'm going to take you out dressed, embarrass you, and cure you of wearing girls clothes. Won't work.
That's for sure, Teddie. Sounds more like a reward to me. Ericka

LindaTS
05-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Hmmmm? All "girls" should be so lucky.

Yes I am
05-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Or maybe she's just a tomboy trying to become more feminine, um, not to burst anyone's bubble or anything.

Talon DeRojo
05-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Any of the above interpretations might be correct. Wish we knew more so we could figure it out. If it was said in a mean way, it wouldn't matter if the "daughter" were male or female - being criticized in public is dreadful.
Talon

Jenn2716
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Krystn,
How old do you think the "daughter" was? I know that with so little information, that any read on this situation is just speculation. If this person was in her late teens, perhaps she was shopping enfemme with a trusted family member (the older lady) and was just being advised on how to look more passable. As far as her not caring who heard her, perhaps she is not embarrassed to have her "daughter" dressed in public and felt no need to whisper.

Again, who knows?

~Kitty GG~
05-30-2006, 01:22 PM
the older lady turned to her and said something to the effect that if you are going to continue to dress like a girl and wear clothes like that then you need to either learn to walk in heels or wear flater shoes.
I don't know anything else about it but I kind of felt sorry for her, She sort of looked at me then turned the corner and went down another isle.

I only have this quote to work with. I hadn't actually heard it, of course .. and so am only going on the way that krysten put it here..

When I read it I thought it was either that the poor girl is insisting on wearing clothes too old for her in her mother's eyes. And so needs to learn to how to walk in heels or choose flatter shoes. or..

At the outside maybe a boy who's determined to dress as a girl. But the mother is supportive enough to allow it. But again figures that s/he needs to choose more appropriate shoes or learn to navigate in heels.

If it was a punishment I very much doubt they'd have clothes ready at hand that fit well. I doubt that the boy would have hair ponytail worthy or a wig available. And in this day when looking at your child funny is considered child abuse.. I doubt any parent would parade a punished child in this manner.

Just my take on it. I can remember insisting on wearing heels that I'd been given when my mom advised me to choose more sensible shoes.. and she certainly rolled her eyes at me when I wasn't keeping up.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

Jillian310
05-30-2006, 01:55 PM
S/he has my sympathy! My heels are a lot lower, and I have a devil of a time navigating! The GG's have the advantage of starting as childred\n wearing mommy's shoes as dress up as some of us did, but with permission, and learn how as they become teeny boppers. Sort of like learning to ride a bicycle - once you learn as a kid, you never forget how! Sort of like make-up too.

kathy gg
05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I doubt it was a young crossdresser.

I have a feeling it was the Mom or grandmother just giving her a hard time because the young girl wanted to wear shoes and clothing that obviously were not 'age appropriate'.

I begged and pleaded with my Mom when I was in the third grade....yes that is right, roughly age 8 or 9 to buy me a pair of Candies, they were the wedge shoes that were popular in like 79 or 80. All my older cousins had them and I felt certain I coudl walk in them. Well my mom gave in and let me buy a pair and like a complete idiot I wore them to school. I wound up not being able to run and play and do anything because they were much too high. I cannot remember how high they were, but not practical for a girl my age. My Mom was pretty mad at me because I had caused a huge fuss to get them and then did not wear them. And we did nto have loads of money to spend on things which were not going to get much use. She insisited I wear them a few more times before finally explaining to me that I should not ask for things which I dont' plan on using. I really was too young, but by making me wear them even after I was not thrillled with them was a bit of a punishment. I know I did not ask for any more grown up looking shoes till I was in high school.

Some Mom's have a werid way of explaining 'life' lessons....

Krystenw
05-30-2006, 02:38 PM
When I was on break this morning a couple of the ladies from the kitchen (I work in a hospital in a very small town. For recreation we all go into the city to do our shopping.) were talking about the same person. I mentioned to them that I had also seen her and asked them if they thought the younger person (about 18) was a boy or a girl. They both told me that they had seen the family in the shoe department and the mother was having him try on some flat shoes. I asked them how they knew it was a boy and they said that while they were looking for shoes she very politely told him that she didn't mind him dressing in girls clothes but that next time he should be a little more selective and not go overboard.
It sounds more to me like we have a very understanding mother that just got a little frustrated and I happened along at the wrong time.

BlueKat
05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I doubt it was a young crossdresser
I also doubt that it was.

I have a feeling it was the Mom or grandmother just giving her a hard time because the young girl wanted to wear shoes and clothing that obviously were not 'age appropriate'.
This explanation also makes the most sense to me.
It's kind of interesting how people here tend to almost immediately go into the "petticoat discipline" scenario regarding this. I personally don't believe that sort of thing exists, except on fictionmania. Any mother forcing a boy to crossdress and wear high heels in public would almost be begging to be arrested and locked up for a long time.0.02

SherriePall
05-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Where would some of us be today if ....

Kimberley
05-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with Kathy on this one. By the sounds of it she was young, probably too young to be wearing heels and to Wal Mart??? Yeah, probably mom was trying to make a point to a tweenie who watches too many music videos.

Kimberley.

Tamara Croft
05-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm a bit confused, did you show your workmates a picture of this family or something, seems a bit too convenient that they happen to know exactly what family you are talking about and they know this IS a boy and the mother is buying him girl shoes.... and now you have seen him dressed as a girl... ok then..... why does this sound like fan fiction to me?

Do you really believe that in this day and age, a mother is going to dress her son up as a girl and make him go out? I don't think so. That's called child abuse. Maybe it was his aunty eh??

Krystenw
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Most everyone goes to the city to shop. Which is the main reason I don't go shopping in a dress. I most generally run into some I know or someone that knows me.
I went to the dining room and two ladies were talking about seeing a young man dressed like a girl at WallMart. Even I was able to figure out that they were talking about the same person. The mother may have just got tired of arguing and just went along with the whole idea. I think the only thing she was forcing him to do was to change his shoes. I may be over the hill but I did not think that high heels went with capris and a t-shirt.
I guess perhaps I was just envious that he was brave enough to go out like he did. I was just glad to hear things were working out for the kid.

BlueKat
05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Most everyone goes to the city to shop. Which is the main reason I don't go shopping in a dress. I most generally run into some I know or someone that knows me. I went to the dining room and two ladies were talking about seeing a young man dressed like a girl at WallMart. Even I was able to figure out that they were talking about the same person. The mother may have just got tired of arguing and just went along with the whole idea. I think the only thing she was forcing him to do was to change his shoes. I may be over the hill but I did not think that high heels went with capris and a t-shirt.
I guess perhaps I was just envious that he was brave enough to go out like he did. I was just glad to hear things were working out for the kid.
Krysten: I'm not saying you're making this up, and I do believe you saw whatever it is that you think you saw. But...there is something about this whole story that just sounds so bizarre...
Now, it's like... "the mother may have just got tired of arguing and just went along with the whole idea" of her son (who is obviously a minor) crossdressing in public? If this is the case, and she's not forcing him...the Mother has to be nuts to agree to this and then be talking loud enough so that others in the store can hear her talk to her son like this. This is a child abuse case looking for a place to happen.
I dunno...that's just my 0.02

Cherry Lynn
05-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Krysten, you certainly livened up this thread. For what it is worth I believe you.

Deborah
05-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Who cares....if she is a he well then good for her (i'm jealous lol)
If she is a she and was a tomboy trying to be more femme then more power to her.
Good luck whomever it is. :D

Sally24
05-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Child abuse??? Have any of you seen what teens voluntarily wear out to malls and even school! I don't think allowing a child, boy or girl, to wear capris and a t-shirt could be considered child abuse.

I also am a bit tired of the fictionmania post every time someone has a post that includes sisters or mothers. Truth is stranger than fiction, and fiction is pretty darn strange! If you state that something never happens, then you are almost cerainly wrong. Is it rare?, maybe.

I am also from a small town type area and it is not unusual to know what happens everywhere nearby. That's why I go into Boston to dress and still have a few close calls of running into people I know. Sometimes the world is too darn small!

Tamara Croft
05-30-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=407708&postcount=35

Small world then eh? what are the odds :rolleyes:

Deborah
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=407708&postcount=35

Small world then eh? what are the odds :rolleyes:

Awww it says i don't have permission to view the page. :Angry3:

Tamara Croft
05-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Awww it says i don't have permission to view the page. :Angry3:Join the Writers Society then ;)

Deborah
05-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I'd join all of them, but to lazy to ask all those people....Again.

Yes i get bitchy sometimes and quit when i shouldn't.

Krystenw
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I have received pm from another and I'm sorry I started such an uproar. I didn't intend to make it sound like this boy was a child. I am not a judge of age, but the boy was at least 18 if not older and I'm sure he knew what he was doing. If he would have had on different shoes I'm sure no one would have paid any attention to him. He was not wearing a wig and his hair was down to the middle of his back so he has been at this a while. I said it was odd but in the state of Utah if someone witnesses child or parent abuse and does not report, it is a crime. I have been in the medical field for 38 years and I do not feel this person was being abused.
As to another comment about peticoat punishment. For an old person I guess I must be pretty ignorant. I had never heard of it put that way. But when I was nine years old I was forced by my mother to wear a dress and everything else that went with it just because I fell off a fence into a feed pen and tore my pants. I'm sure there are a lot of fictional stories out there but whether it was child abuse or not they didn't have the DCFS or whatever it is called in 1957 and I can assure you that if it happened to me that it has happened to others. Again if I have offended any one, I appologize and am very sorry.

CharlaineCadence
05-31-2006, 06:16 AM
I used to live in a small town where you had to travel 50 to 100 miles to go to the nearest major shopping center. It was very easy to run into people you knew from home nomatter when you went. as for the rest of it who knows. but I dont doupt it didn't happen i've seen stranger.

kiss kiss
char

Toni Shelton
05-31-2006, 06:23 AM
And I hope the child has a good life liveing thru this if she is transgender, like some of us. Its a wonderful life, but sometimes a sad one.:love: I wish happieness to all...