PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ladies! PS: Making Contact is Difficult.

susan howard
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
:love: Hi Girls!
:rant:Why is it that some people, especially men and especially some of those in the workplace have such a strong fear of crossdressing?

Perhaps they are frightened of their own dormant femininity.

Perhaps they have wondered at some time in their lives just what it would be like to yield to their feminine side. To shave their legs and put on a frock!

Maybe it is an ego thing. 'I am a real bloke, I do real blokey things'.

From my own experience with men (yes, I have had a few) it is the ones that shout loudest against things such as crossdressing or bi-sexuality or gay sex that are the most prone.

This could be my thought for today!

Luv,

Susan.

avawho
05-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I have found that there is no shortage of narrow minded people no matter what sexual persuation they are. It might just be that you have experienced more males to this point. It's always best to be cautious and do things in moderation.

Cheers
Ava

Siobhan Marie
05-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I can agree with that. People are narrowminded. A friend and colleague has come out recently as a pre-op transexual and the things that are said behind her back are horrible. I find myself getting angry inside for her. In fact I saw her for the first time today since she came out and I've never anyone look so happy, it was lovely to see her.

:hugs: Anna x

Byllie
05-30-2006, 05:04 PM
To quote Mark Twain ...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Eugenie
05-30-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't know if it is just my perception, but I've no male friends to whom I would feel comfortable to speak about my X-Dressing. I have openned my heart on that subject to a few GGs and found that they were very much accepting it.

Perhaps is it just me, but I fear male reactions to such a confession from my part. Just from the type of conversation most males have on that subject, I'm not tempted to take the risk...

Yet I would very much like to be able to talk to another man about my x-dressing.
:love:
Eugenie

CharlaineCadence
05-30-2006, 05:35 PM
When I came forth and began to tell everyone who I though cared about me. That I was a transsexual and was planing on and begining my slow change. I was welcome warmy by many and shuned by others. My heart flew when my three best friends accepted me and one mostly adopted me as her little sister sort ove. But others verbaly beat me and walked out of my life. steping on me as they left. It is funny to think that the ones who shun me are also the ones who I know for a fact question them selves in many ways. One of the people I thought was a friend I have seen many times in dresses and skirts growing up because his mother used petty coat punishment on him growing up. I remember him telling me one time as we played out side him in a red check jumper skirt and white blouse. He told me how much he loved dressing in dresses and skirts feeling pritty. But he stand before me shuning me. I pray that in time he snapes out of it. The little slide show of out childhood pics I sent him today might help. many of them with him in a dress. hopefully he will see things differently.

kiss kiss
char

janedoe311
05-30-2006, 06:00 PM
:love: Hi Girls!
:rant:Why is it that some people, especially men and especially some of those in the workplace have such a strong fear of crossdressing?

Perhaps they have wondered at some time in their lives just what it would be like to yield to their feminine side. To shave their legs and put on a frock!

Maybe it is an ego thing. 'I am a real bloke, I do real blokey things'.

From my own experience with men (yes, I have had a few) it is the ones that shout loudest against things such as crossdressing or bi-sexuality or gay sex that are the most prone.

This could be my thought for today!

Luv,

Susan.

Is the negative connotation that Male homosexuals have always made with drag.
Most people think that drag and CD is the same and most that drag are gay. Because of this most people think that anyone that dressed up is Gay. Most woman leave their men when the find out about the CD is because they believe he is gay and nothing will convince them otherwise.

(I have had some bad contacts with gay men so I stay away from them). The stereotype effeminate gay guy is stuck in most peoples mind. You could have worked with a gay man and would have never known they were gay.

So what needs to be done is education about crossdressing.

Kate Simmons
05-30-2006, 06:12 PM
The plain and simple of it is that most men (including gay men) are threatened by CDing. Most women (especially gay women) are not. At least this is what I have found from my own experience. Ericka

Eugenie
06-01-2006, 01:28 AM
The plain and simple of it is that most men (including gay men) are threatened by CDing. Most women (especially gay women) are not. At least this is what I have found from my own experience. Ericka
I agree with the first part of your statement. However, the second part may be slightly modified.

Women who are wives of CDs can feel threatened by the CDing of their husband. They may fear loosing the male partner whom they married.

Women who are active in the feminist movement feel threatened by our attitude which often requires using feminine stereotypes that they reject.

Eugenie

Kate Simmons
06-01-2006, 05:22 AM
I agree with the first part of your statement. However, the second part may be slightly modified.

Women who are wives of CDs can feel threatened by the CDing of their husband. They may fear loosing the male partner whom they married.

Women who are active in the feminist movement feel threatened by our attitude which often requires using feminine stereotypes that they reject.

Eugenie
I should have qualified that Eugenie. My own wife feels that my femme self is competition for my time and attention, so I guess you could say she feels threatened somewhat. Ericka

racquel
06-02-2006, 02:28 AM
I believe that most men do not have a high regard toward women as equals.I can still remember being told by more than one male friend after opening up to them that "you are a disgrace to the male race" and this is because i wish to look and act like a woman,whom these same men profess to love and respect as equals?

Brianna Lovely
06-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Susan.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I once made a statement to some mature gay friends, that I thought all men were gay, but some of them had not realized it yet. This got a stuned silence reaction.

The truth is that we are all female and male at the same time. Some of us have become aware of our "other half" and have embraced it. This has made us "whole" people and it's obvious to other people, that we are different.

People "fear" anyone who is different.