PDA

View Full Version : Health and fitness.

azure
05-30-2006, 04:02 PM
It is very common now for women to take great care of their health, they invest time, effort and money in maintaining thier looks, and physique. Women not just of 20, but ages inexcess of 50 years old undertake face lifts, botox, and other procedures to feel atractive and confident.
As transition is about achieving your own level of womanhood, what steps do you take to take care of your looks and shape. When I was on hormones I was very aware of the combination of a poor diet, a lack of exercise, long hours, and incredible work load induced stress, caused me. I was very over weight, constantly tired, and in a very bad way. though I did not drink, smoke or take anything other than my hormone prescription.
Now I have one treat a week(ie pizza or chinese) the rest of the time its yogurt, fruit, healthy meals, cereal.

I cycle between 13 and 16 miles a day, and try to get decent amounts of rest and balance work time. Im starting lazer therapy, and hormomes soon.

I was thinking,what kind of measures do you take to look good?

Thankyou

Azure

AngelAshley
05-31-2006, 04:21 AM
Right now I'm just trying to get rid of my belly... (or at least try not to put on too much more weight when I go on hormones, which should hopefully be this afternoon...) I do Cheerleading at least once a week, usually twice, and also spend a couple of hours speeding like a nutter round the ice rink :)

Win Der Mere
05-31-2006, 04:36 AM
Lots of fresh fruit and vegs which haven't clocked up thousands of air miles, no smoking, an occasional red wine, and lots of exercise. No drugs of any description. I look and feel fifteen years younger than reality, and constantly surprise others when they find out my real age. I realise that I'm lucky to enjoy good health, but think my lifestyle keeps on top of things .
Dalesman

CaptLex
05-31-2006, 09:24 AM
I was thinking,what kind of measures do you take to look good?
Healthwise . . . I've usually taken good care of myself, although I'd like to do more but time is an issue. Specifically, I'd like to be able to get more exercise in my schedule, but that's not possible. I go to the gym whenever I get the chance or at least walk several miles a day. I eat fairly healthy (and count carbs), but I do allow myself a couple of treats a week (or life would be too boring). It's not a strict regimen, though, as I'm a social drinker (and smoker) and I still do these things.

As far as looking good: I'm religious about using sunscreen daily (even on cloudy days) and have a bunch of skin care products that I swear by (for dark circles, oily skin/blemishes, etc.). None of it is obvious, though, and if you saw me you'd swear I'm all about the natural look, but it takes work and a couple of bucks to look this natural and effortless. :p

Kristen Kelly
06-03-2006, 10:03 PM
I have become a semi-vegetarian, using soy based products and beans for protien source, watching my weight, have lost 25 lbs, the biggest improvement is my skin over the long term is amazing. At home I cleanse, use a toner, and twice a week an apricot scrub, and a cucumber mask, the improvement has tremendous. I had a rutty complexion since my teens and between the cleansing routine and moisturizing, my complextion is clearer and smooth, One other thing I noticed is that my beard is softer and makes for a smoother shave.

jennig
06-03-2006, 10:21 PM
as far as weight control if you look at a gg about the same height as you and in good shape I have noticed that woman eat totaly different then on men.over the last few months evertime i have something to eat I remind myself to eat like a woman after all if we want to look like a woman at least we should eat like one . Iam not skinny but it has helped.
jennig:hugs:

Clare
06-04-2006, 07:54 AM
It is very common now for women to take great care of their health, they invest time, effort and money in maintaining thier looks, and physique.
I was thinking,what kind of measures do you take to look good?In recent years I commenced a daily facial routine and it seems to be working wonders!

I look and feel fifteen years younger than reality, and constantly surprise others when they find out my real age.I get that a lot too!

When I can afford it, I will commence laser/electrolisis hair removal from the face down. I have already had an initial assessment appointment at a local salon, but have not committed to starting as yet.

As for diet, I have had weight issues in the past, but my dietician has got me on a protein diet which is effective and I feel a lot better for it I must say! Plenty of fish, fruit (my Dad has a large Orange tree in the backyard and it's just starting to produce this season's crop - they are always tasty!), dairy products and of course lean meats of all types. So yes, i'm careful about my diet, but not necessarily one that is designed for a 'woman' as such!

As for sport, about the only regular exercise I get these days is swimming. It's a great aerobic exercise, but it keeps my upper body in 'muscular' shape which makes it hard for me to have a slim feminine look!

In general, i'd say I have a common sense diet and exercise regime for a 'normal' person in addition to my facial skin care rountine.

Toyah
06-04-2006, 08:15 AM
To be honest absolutly nothing at all dont have tha time or the comitment

bridgetm2f
06-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I manage to run about 30+ miles a week which definitely keeps me in good shape, but the one proble that affects me is now my legs are so huge from running they look kinda disgusting in pantyhose and on jeans that fit my bottom fine they are too tight in the legs, but I guess that comes with the teritory. One thing I find amazing is most days I will get a salad for lunch at the cafeteria however I am the one in 10 people that is male that gets one.

tori-e
06-15-2006, 02:28 AM
For most of my adult life I been a fan of the health gurus of the day. Currently, Andrew Weil is my favourite. I am very aware of diet, exercise, vitamins and such. But often have a problem with all the junk that is available.

Over the past two years I've become very aware of skin care products. That has made a huge difference in my complexion.

I've always done lots of walking and for about the last five years I've been a big yoga fan. I really believe that yoga can have a substantial affect on your health, well being and happiness.

But here's a question for all: What is the best diet and exercise to promote transition? I was thinking that increasing fat intake would improve the size of breast and the hip/thigh area. But apparently, it will all go to your waist and belly. Just great! Not to mention, this is a time when you really need to take care of yourself. To much upper body exercise will cause your arms to develop. Can't have that! (Speaking for the girls!)

What is the best combination?

Tori

michelle19845
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
i take vitamins and natural estrogen extract.i don't rust prescription pills.i walk lately around 6 miles a day.don't drink pop/alcohol.no fast food.do cleanses to the body and don't eat pork,reduce other meats and try to eat organic food if possible also am getting more soy vegetarian foods.shoot for 8 hours of sleep and don't smoke anything.it's the best i've ever felt.

michelle19845

JamieTG
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I've always been a fitness addict so with running, swimming, and bicycling my weight is still the same as it was in college. And I've always eaten healthy. The last six years or so since my fem side has taken over I've paid a lot more attention to my skin. By using moisturizing lotion on my face twice a day and a quality body lotion, my skin looks much younger than my years. And its also become much softer.
Jamie

alisoncdnj
06-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I have also changed my diet, and I am exercising on a regular basis. I also use a moisturizing body wash now instead of soap. I also use Olay Regenerist products on my face twice a day. The results are great, I am losing weight and my skin is a lot softer. I feel so feminine now. I started laser hair removal on my face, back in March and have had two treatments so far I am satisfied with the results. Does anyone know of any exercises that will help develop bigger hips and bottom? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Maria D
06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
While in my 'hating my male self' stage, I drank heavily, smoked heavily and ate junk food, but only when I could be bothered. At the low point, I weighed 8½ stone.
After improving my life and stopping drinking (well, mostly ;)) and quitting smoking, my liver is fine. I'd been getting heartburn for years and ignoring it, but after being persuaded to get tested it turns out I broke my stomach's top sphincter (the cardiac one) and hurt the oesophagus (but that healed), so I have to take pantoprazole every day or it's agony.

I look after myself more now, but not exercise or anything that involves much effort. I eat healthily, I weigh 10½ stone now because my fiancee taught me to cook so I can look after her. I'm on my feet all day at work usually without a break which I know is bad, but I do love my sleep at the weekends. I moisturise my face and legs (I do like smooth legs), and I use scar reduction to reduce some signs of the old days. Call it revisionist history ;)

I am, honestly, a slob, whether male or female hehehe.

Take care :)