PDA

View Full Version : caught you...

CarmenG
05-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I find myself catching myself over and over again..... How many times have you been in you male clothes and catch yourself walking very female like? or making hand gestures that are not "manly"... maybe I am losing it or going wackco..... but I do not feel bad about this just wondering if others that are still in the closet do this....+?

Krissi
05-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I caught myself with the hand gestures a lot before, but as I am a pretty expressive person I've blended everything together to where it's not really noticable.

Toyah
05-30-2006, 05:34 PM
I guess I get away with it as most people think I am odd anyway

Bonnie D
05-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I work with a few women in an office and they were talking about women's issues near my desk. They often ask me if I'm bothered by any of their discussions or when they get giddy am I distracted. I always tell them that I'm not bothered nor distracted by whatever they talk about. Anyway one of them asked me for my opinion on a subject they were talking about so I stood up and gave my comment in an overly deep masculine voice. One of them laughed and said the deep voice didn't go well from a guy standing there with his hands on his hips. Usually when I'm standing my arms are crossed or my hands are in my pockets or along my sides but not on my hips. I laughed and thought to myself if they only knew!

Another thing I have to be careful about are the length of my fingernails. I let them grow until it starts to become too obvious then I cut them short again. I hate cutting them.

Bonnie

Deborah
05-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Or perhaps you're just more flamboyant and comfortable in who you are.
Well done. :D

Yes if you knew me in real life you'd probably figure it out too. ;)

natasha
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I find myself crossing my legs as female. I did that even before I discovered that was a CD!!!!! Hmmmmm now how did that happen!!!!

michelle19845
05-31-2006, 12:10 AM
i tend to move my hips like a woman when in drab nd also putting my chest more forward than usual.it's a good feeling.

michelle19845

Win Der Mere
05-31-2006, 01:54 AM
If it comes naturally, do it ! I cannot stop myself striding out like a man, and I think this is a dead give away. I've been crossing the legs femininely and doing the arm movements for years : so nobody notices anything different, which is great. Observing how ladies act is, in itself, fun, but there is a risk of staring too intently !
Dalesman

PaulaJeanette
05-31-2006, 02:43 AM
As I grow older, I find myself crossing my legs like a woman more and more...and when I'm not dressed. It has become second nature to sit and cross my legs this way but when I become aware of it, I readjust my legs to the male way.

PaulaJeanette

ronda
05-31-2006, 04:16 AM
i walk with swinging hips and chest forward and i have always sat with my leg crossed and the older i get the less i care about what others think:D :D :happy:

Phyliss
05-31-2006, 05:10 AM
Being somewhat "new" to this, ie movements and gestures, I find that I'm using less "manly" moves in my everyday actions.
When Holding a door open for somebody I keep my fingers spread and use only the pads of my fingers.
If I have to bend over to pick up something I keep my legs together and bend at the knees rather than bend at the waist.
When I walk I'm practicing a kinda sway and keep my elbows in toward my body, with my arms up, rather then let them swing to the ground.

So,....to answer the question, do I do it without thinking? no, but as I use different moves I'm finding that it's becoming almost automatic.

Tina Dixon
05-31-2006, 05:22 AM
Never have, when I'm in man mode I am only a man. Hell does that make sense+?

myMichelle
05-31-2006, 07:29 AM
One time, on my way to work (in boring male mode) I pulled up to a stop sign and had a mini panic attack because I realized I was not wearing my bra! That's when I knew that I was truely getting comfortable as a woman!

JoAnnDallas
05-31-2006, 08:28 AM
I am always catching myself sitting at a meeting with my legs crossed and my hands either in my lap or resting on my knees and my back straight. Then the other day, the guy in charge of the stock room came to me with a package I was really looking forward to, a new PDA, and I kinda squealed in my fem voice before I caught myself and coughed to cover it up. He did look at me kinda funny. LOL

T-40 and counting

Ann lee
05-31-2006, 11:15 AM
I think it all just becomes second nature!! i find myself doing hand gestures, crossing my legs, talking, walking( but then agin i've always walked on my tippie toes like in high heels), but i find myself shorting my steps, swinging my hips, one foot in front of the other. cloths and make up always stop and glance at, there is all kinds of thing that we do,

CarmenG
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
thank you ladies for your input, never thought there were so many of us doing the same thing.... you have no idea how you make me feel... perhaps this is why I can relax with this FAMILY.....
LOVE YOU ALL.......:love:

Mindy Jean
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi Ladies,

(My account has finally been activated after about four hours of waiting, AND READING, so I can finally post! Whew-Hoo!)

I usually don't "catch" myself making any gestures or movements that might give away my femme desires. If my hips sway a little bit more because I am wearing my favorite pair of panties, so be it!

My experiences have been more along the lines of Bonnie's. Usually it's when my daughter is talking to one of her friends at the house or a couple of ladies are talking at work and I have an opinion on their "girly" conversation. I "catch" myself then and remember I just HAVE to bite my tongue! "So, how DID you know that fingernail extentions have to be filled as they grow out???"

Hugs, Ladies,
Min

Jennaie
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Never have, when I'm in man mode I am only a man. Hell does that make sense+?
Yes, well... it's kindof hard to look fem when your legs are stradled across the seat of a Harley.

Stephenie S
07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
I am catching a lot of flack at work for the way I walk and the way I hold my hands. Some people have decided I'm gay. Oh, well . . . . .
It's hard to switch back and forth, esp when I am trying so hard to leave the macho stuff behind me.

Steph

Kimberley
07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I have always had feminine body movements. As a kid I was punished for them and told to act like a guy. Over time I have found those old feminine touches coming back and I dont care what anyone thinks.

"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be and more of a woman than you'll ever have."
Angel from the play Rent.

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Francine
07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Practice makes perfect! :happy:
I walk more fem now, regardless of what I am wearing, because it is what I want. My belief and what I have been "coached" about a woman's walk, that I have mentioned in other messages. If you're working towards any goal, it's best to "practice it". Why should it matter, what one is wearing.

Francine

Denise01
07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
when i was in my twenties, i was in a group that wore kilts, and my sister used to tease me that i acted like a girl, the way i swept my skirt under me.

Little did she know, that i would have loved to be wearing a skirt as well, but for the time being the kilt, served as a skirt for me.

Now that i am femme as much as possible, and probably 90% of the time in the winter months, i find i have femme gestures that keep coming back wether i am femme or not.

Being semi-retired now, i do not care if i do have femme gestures, or what other people think, i just want to be myself

Denise:happy: :happy:

Charleen
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm new, so I'm late posting this, but I had to get my 0.02 in. When I read this, I realized that I'm doing this too. I do ghost tours around town dressed in Victorian style-top hat, morning(mourning?) caot skull walking stick ect. and yeah I now relize I do kinda sahsha down the street, and use my hands very expressively. I also give guided tours though a mureum during the day, and I guess I have gone kinda femme there too. Crossing the legs femme,I also "correct" that and have lately let my nails grow out. If asked, I'll just tell them I'm growing talons to go with my ghost walk personality which I admit is preety creepy anyway. I. also going to get my ears pierced tommorrow, so Lily can wear them as the selection of clip-ons is limited, but also to wear these skull earring I found on my tours. And you know what? The older I get, the less I care what others think. As the old song goes- "I gotta be me!"

Karren H
07-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm always crossing my legs like a girl, everywhere....boardroom meetings, dinner, home.....Wouldn't be so bad if I had on nylons and a skirt!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Adrienne Heels
07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I think I do use some fem gestures/movements when in guy mode too...oh, well....no one seems to notice