PDA

View Full Version : Old question...different way of putting it.

Deborah
05-30-2006, 08:12 PM
well at least i'm honest. Open poll btw all welcome to answer.

So let's say everyone is androgynous when they are born and are able to choose which sex you want to be when you turn 18.
What would you choose? Remember it's a life choice and cannot be reversed.
So if you wanted to be a football player as a profession, but still CD you will of course pick male.
If you want to be a housewife or even a successful business women then you pick female.

Female for me btw. Even though i would love to have been a fighter pilot when i was a kid. :D

Marla S
05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Well my problem with this question is:
Do I sit or stand if I have to use the toilet until I am 18 :D

Can't answer this one, but I assume the correct answer is girl.

(It would be interesting to see what happens when girls and boys are raised exactly the same way though.)

bredalee25
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Awe do i have to wait til i'm 18 to change? Can't it be sooner? I guess you know my answer is girl by now. That would be a cool option to have at ones disposal. There would probabally be more happy people in the world if it were only true that one could choose.

ttfn

Deborah
05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Awe do i have to wait til i'm 18 to change? Can't it be sooner?

At 18 you're technically supposed to be an adult and able to make life changing decisions so that's why i added that.
That way to you'll be able to see how both sides live and can make an informed decision as to which way you'd like to go. :D

Jennaie
05-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I would have preferred to have been born female. Raised androgynous, I would select female at 18 as well. But I don't want to miss out on the growing up as a little girl part. Childhood is the best part of our lives.

Jacklynne
05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Definately female... If I could somehow change into a GG I wouldnt hesitate for a split second!

Mona
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I'll have to wait until I'm 18 to decide but so far I'm goin' with girl.

Sandygal
05-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Many times I have made a wish whenever I saw a shooting star "please make me a woman" If I had that choice before I was 18, I would of took it. If I had that choice now, no way! I married the girl of my dreams and I wouldn't even want to imagine her not being with me. Hey, that doesn't mean I can't use my imagination.

btmgrl6
05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
No brainer......100% girl

Steph

ReginaK
05-31-2006, 12:12 AM
I'd refuse to choose.

Teresa Amina
05-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Childhood is the best part of our lives.

Can be, I suppose, but my experience was that it only gets good once you're no longer treated like a kid!
To the Question- pretty obvious what most of us (me too) would choose but waiting till 18 would make a strange looking Prom with all these non-differentiated androgynes coupling up. The teen (and preteen) years are essential to learning where you stand both sexually and socially- how would this happen if there were no sexual differences until 18?

Kate Simmons
05-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Doesn't really matter to me Deb. I'd be the same person I am today regardless of what I had "down there". Ericka

KateW
05-31-2006, 06:57 AM
If everyone was androgynous until they were 18, essentially having the best of both worlds, I imagine that many would stay that way as they wouldn't know any different.

Tracy_Victoria
05-31-2006, 07:08 AM
I'd have to choose being male, but that is based on what I have in my life now, ie everything in my life is good, I'm in a great relationship, found my sole mate, have two wonderful kids, and basically, dispite this strange hobby of mine, I actually like being a Man!

However, if I was bought up, with niether or both genders, in a place where I had to choose at a certain age, my choice could only be based on having lived 18 years in that way, and not based on my current thinking!

TGMarla
05-31-2006, 07:17 AM
I'd have chosen female, I think. Despite the fact that I enjoy many of the aspects of being male, I could do without some of the turmoil that being transgendered brings with it. I enjoy wearing women's clothing too much to not do it. I may as well have been female and have done with it.

Stormgirl
05-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Definitely male,I'd have been either a fighter pilot for the Navy or Air Force or an helicopter pilot for the 160th SOAR.

Sharon
05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
In my chosen profession, gender really has no bearing, but it would have made life so much simpler if I has been born female. I'm not sure I would have appreciated it though if I had.