PDA

View Full Version : Now, who's gonna pay for this?

Phyliss
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I'd like to personally thank everyone here for all of the encouragement I've gotten. The comments here have been a source of inspiration to me. Being able to "out" myself to my sister this past weekend was a wonderful feeling of freedom and joy, which I owe to everybody here. My makeover on Saturday and the pictures are something I shall treasure forever. I printed a few select ones to take into the store where I bought the clothes. The girls there thought that I looked good. (I think they're just being nice, but I'll take any compliment)
After I left the store I happened to pass the Layne Bryant store and knowing that my sis had kinda promised me a shopping trip in June. I decided to "look" at a skirt and blouse to wear. Not having any intention of buying or even asking to try it on, just wanted to "look"
While I was wandering around checking if I liked something, a nice sales associate asked me if I was having any luck. Don't ask me where it came from but my response was,
" I've got a shopping trip planned, and I need a skirt and blouse, with long sleeves and a sort of high neck line. Too much hair on the arms and my sun tan isn't quite even enough for any sort of low cut top."
She asked what I had in mind.
I still had the photos with me so I opened up the folder and showed her the shot of me in the floral skirt and red top, (in it you can see my problem about uneven suntan.)
Her only comment was, "Where did you get THOSE wedges?"
I swear I coulda been talking about fishing lures in a bait shop from her reaction.
IT WAS GREAT!!!!
Long story short, she helped me find a skirt, top, and a shrug to complete the look. I asked if she didn't mind if I tried it on and she told me that she would be glad to help me to the dressing room, and if I hadn't asked to try on the clothes she would have suggested it before I left the store.
2 p.m. in a public womens store and I'm trying on skirts and buying them like there was nothing to it.
As the title of the post says, "Now who's gonna pay for this?" See what you made me do? You people have created a Frankenstein, (or is that a Francistein?) what ever it is the genie is OUT and there ain't no stuffing her back in.

JoannaDees
05-31-2006, 06:59 PM
HA HA HA! Yes, Pandora's box, a slipper slope! Slide with pride baby!

Wenda
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Absolutely golden! Congratulate yourself, and savour the moment for ever. It will be one of those life moments that you will always treasure! Way to go!

bredalee25
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi Phyliss thats a great story i enjoyed it. How about you post those pics for us to see how good you look after your makeover.

ttfn

Joy Carter
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Good for you Phillis I would have fainted if a sales girl would approach me like that ! LOL

mskilmer
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Fantastic story!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Carlacd
05-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Congrats, i too look forward to that type of day. Glad you had so much fun. Now where are the pics? :happy:

Phyliss
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Pictures are located at:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31807

I keep this up and my budget will be gone.

"Honey, how come we can't pay the mortgage this month?"

Uh, Ah, Er, Um, well,....you see,...it's this way,.....there was this "little black dress......,"

racquel
05-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Lovely pictures but I have a question for you.Has Julie York seen those terrific red shoes?:heehee:

nikisbest
05-31-2006, 10:57 PM
God I wish I had the backbone some of you ladies have, I just can't seem
to push myself into shopping and letting them know it is for me. For all I know
the salesladies would be very professional and helpful. Well kudos to you girl, for having more guts to do it, than I do. I am also glad you had fun with it.
That should be what shopping is all about, enjoying yourself.
Niki