PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Up For A Benefit/Beauty Contest at the Moose Club

Joni Thomas
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Next week I am coming out at a charity event for my local Moose Club! Male members get to dressup to raise money! I am excited by the fact this will be the very first time gurly in public..........Let alone with a bunch of women and guys who are gonna poke alot of fun. My wife is going and has never seen me dressed up completely. I plan to go the whole nine yards! Shaved, dressed to the nines, and smelling of white diamonds! Wish me luck! I will post a pic when I am done. But how should I dress? So many decisions to make!

donna h
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Good luck, im sure most of us wish we had that chance,SO supporting and all, let us know how it goes.

Sandygal
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm a Moose member myself. I say give them something to remember, knock their socks off. On Halloween night, I pulled up to the Moose on my Harley. I dressed like a biker chick. Short ,tight, red skirt and white button shirt with a black vest. When I walked in, the room went dead quiet. I finally yelled out "Hey! won't somebody buy an old broad a drink" everyone had a laugh and the ice was broken. What nobody new of course is that I dress like it's Halloween all the time. You go girl, have a ball!

Eugenie
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
But how should I dress? So many decisions to make!
Good question...
Most other men will probably dress like poor caricatures of women, as is often the case in mascarade parties... I suspect that most men won't wear women underwear, just the outside clothing, unless wearing women underwear is part of the rules for that event.

You might want to take that aspect into account. If you look really feminine, like you do on your avatar, this may rise some suspicions among your friends.

If you intend to make a genuine coming out as a Cross-dresser in front of your friends, go all the way, dress as a GG your age would do in such circumstances. The true elegance is to be dressed appropriately for the evening: not over dressed, not shabby... Likewise for the makeup...

If it isn't your intention to make a coming out as a Cross-dresser to this group of people, then I would suggest remaining well under the level of crossdressing that you normaly achieve...

Eugenie
PS: for the benefit of non US citizens like me, what is the Moose Club ?

Sandygal
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
It's pretty much just a bar that you have to be a member. Mostly guys, but more and more ladies have been joining lately.

Betty H
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Have a blast honey.And then lets hear the details.

SherriePall
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Joni -- Have a good time out there at the other corner of the state. Please don't forget to let us see some pics. And I say, go for it. Worse comes to worse, you can say that you don't do anything half way.

DonnaT
06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Curious as to how the dressing up is to raise funds. as they may give us a clue to how you might want to dress?

If there's nothing special in the dressing up, ask your wife what she'll be comfortable wearing and try not to outshine her ;)

Wenda
06-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Go for it! Keep us posted!

Joy Carter
06-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Even though I support you I'm in fear for the long term reactions you might receive, be so careful dear !

TGMarla
06-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Well, it is a benefit, a gala affair. I'd do formal.

JoAnnDallas
06-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm a Elk member and the Elk Lodge in the town in WV where I used to lived had a annual contest for the officers. Each had 1 hour to completely change from a man into a woman. If they had a wife, she could help. Judging was how closely the contestant got to not only dressed like a woman, but looked like one, walked like one, and so forth. Each contestant had to walk the runway and show off their fem moves and manners. Each could prepare stuff like shaving their legs and chest beforehand and ect. The contest was so popular that I found out that some of the officers had their wifes help them get ready weeks ahead of time.
Shame I don't live there anymore, I was seriously thinking of running for a position this year. LOL

Connieminiskirts
06-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Joni;
When I read your post and your question I started to laugh a little, my wife asked me why I was laughing, and I read her your post, she said and I quote "What the hell is so funny about that? Your mean!" I said "I am not laughing at her post, I am laughing at what came into my mind as an answer to her question!" "which is?" she asked. so I told her my first thought was
"Well what does a Lady Moose wear?" sorry but that was actually my first thought. ANd yes my sweet Sue told me I am "Horrible and Mean" she also said its not abit funny! But still I am curious.
I have never been to a Moose Lodge ever. Please forgive me.

I do hope that your event goes very well and that you do have a wonderful time.

Connie

Melissa Ann
06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Flaunt it, and work it. Just overdue the makeup a little to look a tad drag. you will have the time of your life. Good luck
Melissa Ann:tongueout

Joni Thomas
06-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Yesterday evening I attended a fund raiser for my Moose Club. I dressed as Joni! My wife helped me pick on of her dresses! A first for me. When I went to the club it was expected that all the gals/guys.......Were to dress at the club and some of the wives would help with the makeup. I soon found out that several went home and dressed there. I was not cool with seeing other guys dressing as many were very "Camp". I wanted to look like myself! I told the wife I was out of there. I drove home and dressed. I knew by the end of the evening I would be out finally!!!!!!

I walked out of the house and into my car driving in broad daylight! I smelled of White Diamonds and lipstick! I was in heaven. As I drove I was looking to see if people passing by noticed.......No one batted an eye! When I got to the club, I was the most fem!... At least in my mind! I didn't care who suspected I was a CD. Several of the others looked good too! I sat fem all evening and strutted my stuff! My wife was shocked and even had her pic taken with me.

My sister in law thought I looked great! Many club member's wives said I looked "Too Comfortable" in my dressing up! I was flattered. After the event which ran form 8:00 till 10:00 almost all the other gals changed into male duds. I stayed as Joni till midnight! I was in heaven.

Needless to say, some will suspect I CD. I am proud that I had the opportunity to come out in such a fashion and be respectable with myself as well. I hope that the other guys whom looked like they had dressed before can form a bond. Time will tell.......As for the wife, school is out. She was amazed, I did all the makup and primping. This was the first time she had ever seen me dressed. So today I did not mention the event. I am content to let this sink in and see what happens next. The event was a smashing success. $1800 was donated! A good time was had by all.......Especially me:happy:

toniloraine
06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
good for you, you sounds like you had a blast and was very comfortable, i wish our moose would have something like that.

trannie T
06-11-2006, 11:56 PM
When I went to a beauty contest at the Moose Lodge the moose won!

Wenda
06-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a win/win deal to me! excellent!

christine55
06-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Sounds like a very good way to ease your way into being open. Not a big confrontation at all.
Hugs, Christine

Deidra Cowen
06-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Way to go! Great story and I am gald you had fun. :thumbsup:

Brianna Lovely
06-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and got to strut your stuff, hee, hee.
Hugs,
Brianna

Kate Simmons
06-12-2006, 06:21 AM
So Joni, How does it feel to be Ms Moose? I was wondering if Bullwinkle asked you for a date? Ericka

Wendy me
06-12-2006, 06:55 AM
sounds cool........... just one question ...........who won the beauty contest ?????

Di
06-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Awesome.....thanks for sharing

DanaJ
06-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Next week I am coming out at a charity event for my local Moose Club!......... Wish me luck! I will post a pic when I am done. But how should I dress? So many decisions to make!OK, let's see the pic :D

SherriePall
06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
I second what DanaJ said. Pics. And good for you that you didn't hold back and went the whole nine yards. Now it looks as if I should join some organizations here, but we don't have a Moose Lodge.

RobynB
06-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Congradulations Joni. Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Robyn