PDA

View Full Version : Outed!

windycissy
11-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Well, it finally happend to me, and I guess it's been long overdue - last night I was so excited, I put on my new skirt and top and went shopping, bought a great purse on sale and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, everything was going so great until on the way back home, three guys started looking at me kind of funny. I stopped and looked at a dress in the window of Banana Republic and the three of them burst into hysterics and I heard one of them laughing about me "looking at a dress!" They were big guys, and they were headed the same way I was, and I had a terrible premonition that something like what happend to JennyCD was going to happen to me. I lost them in a store and by the time I got back to my place, I was sick to my stomach - I threw up my dinner and tossed and turned for hours, vowing never to dress again.

But this morning, I got up early and before I knew it I was putting on my makeup! It was like something I just had to try, like after falling off a bike or getting back up on the diving board - I had to prove to myself that I could pass again. So I put on my old faithful skirt and a pink sweater and went to the Corner Bakery - man, I was starving! When I looked down at my stockinged knees while I freshened my lipstick, I knew that I could never give this up. Best of all, I ran the gauntlet on the way home - teenage girls, construction workers - and no second glances. Windy Cissy is back! Here's a picture I just took to prove to myself that it all really happened.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf38b3127cceaa954810a83b0000000010

It just goes to show, nobody is going to pass 100% of the time, but life is too short not to enjoy doing what we were born to do.
Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

babe4life
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Windy,

Sorry to hear about the incident, but congratulations and big hugs on getting right back out there. So, what was for breakfast? :D

Love,
Vicky

Julie
11-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Windy, I could read the terror in your opening paragraph and almost living it with you.

Like Jenny CD it's good that you're getting back out there and not letting the buggers win.

Love JJ

Amelie
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
I know what this feels like Windy, it is horrifying. It has happened to me at the late hours of the night on lonely streets. I am glad you got free of this situation. It's sad, but we have to always be on alert from the idiots of the world.
Keep safe Windy
Amelie

DeniseNY
11-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Girl, I read your article and my heart almost leapt up into my throat! I've had that happen (although not that bad) and it's always the deepest, darkest fear I guess many of us have.But like you said, getting back out there lets tham (and us) know that the bad guys don't win! You go, girl!!! If you ever find yourself in New York, look me up.

Fiona K
11-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Phew!!!!
I had to speed read to the end of your post, thinking of Jenny's experience too. I'm glad you got out of it safely, take care. Way too many assholes in the world.
Love
Fiona

Wendy me
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
good to hear you are ok the guys just being stuped guys
you rock girl

Sharon
11-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Windy:
Congratulations on getting back on the horse again! It must have been terrifying though.
Anybody who does what we do, and goes out in public, is bound to be made at least once. Luckily, most people have enough class and dignity not to let it be known that they're aware of us. It's the unfortunate few and immature that we need to watch out for.
I can't say enough how happy I am that you're okay,
Love,
Sharon

JennyCD
11-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Windy, I was sooo relieved to read that you avoided the situation! When I started reading I was scared to death that someone had beaten you. I know exactly how you felt, and I'm glad you resolved to not let "them" win. :)

kimlove57
11-19-2004, 03:28 PM
glad nothing bad happen that is such a fear i have. been notcied and snickers i would get out of the store back to my car and shake glad you both got back on the bike

love
kim

genevieve_ohara
11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
You're a brave lass!

Congratulations on getting right back out there...that took courage.

Love

G

ChristineRenee
11-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Windy...I'm so relieved that everything worked out ok for you, and happy that you were able to weather the storm, stay true to yourself, and not let those punks bring you down.

Love,
Christine Renee

Jenna1561
11-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Glad you're safe, that was brave.

VERY GLAD to see you back out there.

Love,
Jenna