PDA

View Full Version : Will he want to crossdress ???

GaryS72
06-02-2006, 12:22 PM
My girlfriend's younger brother is playing a Peter Pan in a play, he's never
worn tights. He play's baseball in school, so I guess it's funny that he is
going to wear tights for two nights. Of course his girlfriend is loving it, he
volunteered for a role, but not the leading role,so he was delegated as
the center attraction.Will this lead to him wanting to try on other girly
clothing articles ???

Siobhan Marie
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Wouldn't have thought so Gary.

:hugs: Anna x

Jennaie
06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Are you a crossdresser Gary?

Karen Francis
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
When I was in the 3rd grade(1963) our class put on the Wizard of OZ. I was captain of the flying monkeys, and I was told I would have to wear brown tights and a leotard. I backed out of the role because of the costume and the potential ridicule, but in hindsight I wish I had done it. I do remember trying on the girls ballet slippers off in a dark corner and loving it.
These days unusual fashions on boys and girls are so common that this is not a good indicator of his ultimate intentions, but it might be a clue.

EricaCD
06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
If he is not a crossdresser by inclination, my guess is "no". If he is a crossdresser by inclination, then whether or not he wears tights in a play he will likely want to try on other girl's clothes. BTW, while tights definitely have a fem connotation, they are not really girls' clothes. I have worn them in the past several times (various acting and dance roles when much younger) and did not consider them in the least erotic. In fact I distinctly remember feeling sort of bummed that I didn't get more of a charge out of wearing them....

Erica

aprilgirl
06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think he'll be any more likely to crossdress....but he just may develop a craving for more peanut butter.

myMichelle
06-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I agree with Erica on this one. The fact that a young man wears tights for a role in a play has no bearing whatsoever on any inclination(s) he may feel toward crossdressing.

GaryS72
06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Are you a crossdresser Gary?
I put my girlfriend's panties and sometimes pantyhose on

KimberlyS
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Gary, only time will tell.

If we could answer that question, we could answer our own why questions?

See the following post:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24484

KimberlyS - CD

Casey Morgan
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Will this lead to him wanting to try on other girly
clothing articles ???

If that's what's solely responsible for crossdressing then we wouldn't need MTF CD sites like this. (Well, probably.) We'd be right as rain, as they say. (Wow, I'm not only transgendered, I'm transatlantic too!)

You see, back in Shakespear's time the women's roles were played by teens/men. Instead of people today asking if we're gay they'd be asking if we're actors. Somehow I must have missed the bit where the experts refer to the Elizabethan era as the Golden Age Of Crossdressing.

Julia Cross
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Gary I doubt he'll bec ome a crossdresser just because he's tried on a pair of tights. It may turn him on and it may have no effect on him at all. My GF works for a very large live theatre with hundreds of actors every year, many wear tights, and I doubt they have all become crossdressers.

It is cool that his GF is loving it, I hope you weren't implying in a teasing sort of way.

Julia

Julie York
06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Playing the part of Peter Pan is pretty much guaranteed to turn him into a raging crossdressing pervert..... as is the theatrical role of say, a green cabbage, which also requires the wearing of tights as I recall.

But I might be wrong.:D

SherriePall
06-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Put me down with the Erica side of this discussion. If he is leaning towards crossdressing, then it won't matter. If he isn't then it won't matter, either.

JoAnnDallas
06-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Lets see Eril Flinn wore tights in almost all his movies. I don't think that made him a CD or even Gay.

Shari_Ann.....the Golden Age of Crossdressing had to be the 1700 - 1800's. Look at any picture of a man from that age and you will see him in a wig, tights, makeup, lace, and 2-3" high heels. men were more femm that the women of the area. LOL. Then it all changed. Sad.......

T- 20 and Counting

Julia Cross
06-02-2006, 02:49 PM
So I guess back in the 1700's, male crossdressers wore pants, a long sleeved shirt and a cloak and women crossdressers wore heels, frills and makeup!

Julia

DeniseNY
06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
I must saythat for me it started when I was tapped to play Peter Pan in a kindergarten play. I balked at wearing the tights because I protested that they were for girls. And it did progress from there, at least for me. It was such a long time ago...

susandrea
06-02-2006, 03:00 PM
So THAT'S what happened to all those Fruit of the Loom actors!

:D

Sandygal
06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Errol Flynn a tights wearing crossdresser? hmmmmm, that's a thought.

JoAnnDallas
06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Lets see that would put Batman and Robin in the same catagory.

DeniseNY
06-02-2006, 03:31 PM
...and Superman - although I'm not bad enough to call him out - lol

susandrea
06-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Spiderman is definitly a crossdresser.

Audrey34
06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
If Spidey is a crossdresser then so is durn near every superhero created since 1938. And what about all the guys who were in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"? Funny thing, when I first began buying girly stuff for myself my first choice was tights. After a while I discovered I really didn't like them so I switched over to pantyhose (which I think are wonderful!).
-Audrey

Dixie Darling
06-02-2006, 05:25 PM
There's no indication that dressing for a play such as this would turn him into a crossdresser if he doesn't already have the inclination to crossdress. Understand that it's quite normal for small boys to want to try on girly things during their childhood, and most wiill do so - whether or not they would ever admit to it. But for most of these it's merely a passing fad or phase and nothing ever becomes of it. If one is pre-destined to BE a crossdresser he will do so regardless and there is not anything that anyone is aware of that can prevent or halt it. On the other hand, most boys won't carry it beyond their first experiments.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senrota_cd

Jennaie
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Gary, Tell him that if he is going wear tights, he needs to wear panties underneth them. There, now he has a good chance of becomming a crossdresser. :p

Maybe when he gets older his sister and her girlfriends will force him to wear girls clothing, It will be so humiliating for him, but I think he will love it, don't you?

Jenn2716
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Gary, would this be the same high school that you mentioned in your post in which you related to us the fascinating story of how your older sister made you dress up in clothes from a website that didn't exist at the time?

Lots of crossdressing going on at that school eh?

I can't say with complete certainity that your story is a complete fabrication. But from all of the posts you've put on here, there certainly seems to be a common thread. Why not just post a legitamit question, rather than these stories?

Maybe I'm way off base here. If so, I'm sorry.

Jennaie
06-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Gary, would this be the same high school that you mentioned in your post in which you related to us the fascinating story of how your older sister made you dress up in clothes from a website that didn't exist at the time?

Lots of crossdressing going on at that school eh?

I can't say with complete certainity that your story is a complete fabrication. But from all of the posts you've put on here, there certainly seems to be a common thread. Why not just post a legitamit question, rather than these stories?

Maybe I'm way off base here. If so, I'm sorry.

Oh, we do think alike, don't we Jenni?

Connieminiskirts
06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
veryi interesting. This question is like asking ..
"If my wife teaches my son how to make grilled cheese sandwiches, tomatoe soup and chocolate chip cookies, Then goes on to teach him how to do dishes, Is HE gonna become a homosexual??

Get real!! And I do mean REAL!!

Lisa Maren
06-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Gary

It's like I'm seeing here. Either he is or is not a crossdresser. His role in the play has no bearing on that.

It is true that quite a few of us had a first time experience such that we were instantly hooked after the first time we tried something on, but the clothes didn't start anything. All the clothes did was let us know how we felt all along. Frankly, most of the ones who had that instantly-hooked first time had probably been thinking about trying something on for a while before they did it, even if not consciously. In other words, they were likely already hooked by the time they tried something on for the first time. If he's not a crossdresser now, he won't turn into one from wearing tights in a play.

If you want a better indication then forget about the costume requirements for his part in the play and look into how he got that role in that play. There could be more than one thing going on. Some crossdressers act indifferent or averse to crossdressing in front of others even though they want to do it because they're afraid of being found out. Again, this doesn't mean he is one -- that was just an example. But knowing exactly how it came to be that he now has this part that will require him to wear tights is a much better indicator than the costume requirements themselves.

Good luck!

Lisa

Vicky_Scotland
06-05-2006, 06:13 AM
My girlfriend's younger brother is playing a Peter Pan in a play, he's never
worn tights. He play's baseball in school, so I guess it's funny that he is
going to wear tights for two nights. Of course his girlfriend is loving it, he
volunteered for a role, but not the leading role,so he was delegated as
the center attraction.Will this lead to him wanting to try on other girly
clothing articles ???

This is the most ridiculous posting.

In many studies it has shown that the 3 major things pre school children enjoy most doing at nursery is playing in the water pit and sand pit and dressing up. Does this mean all the boys who dress up in clothes that society dictate are womans are going to be crossdressers.

Think of all those actors who have dawned tights in the movies.......oh my they must want to wear more womans clothes now........totoal rubbish.

Gary if you want to crossdress then come on here and say so and we will be happy to answer your questions.

stephanie100
06-05-2006, 06:36 AM
If Spidey is a crossdresser then so is durn near every superhero created since 1938. And what about all the guys who were in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"? Funny thing, when I first began buying girly stuff for myself my first choice was tights. After a while I discovered I really didn't like them so I switched over to pantyhose (which I think are wonderful!).
-Audrey

Same thing surely

Only thing i remember playing at school was a policeman in a play I did try out for mary in the nativaty only it was a coed school

Steph

sterling12
06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Everybody:

Really folks, this one reminds me of the post a couple of weeks back about the School Counselor who advised some boy to engage in homosexual sex acts, because he crossdressed. In Talk Show Radio they call this "cranking". I suspect someone is making a sophomoric attempt at humor to point out our preoccupation with some of the minutiae.

The reality is, who cares! If a child playing Peter Pan turns in to a crossdresser because of wearing tights.....are we living in the 21st century? We SHOULD know better than that! Anyone with an IQ higher than a gerbil's should know better than that!

Let's go back to the posts about, "what color should I paint my toenails?" They are a lot more pertinent.

By the way, you all forgot about the "Pro Wrestler's". They all wear tights, most of them have long hair, they wear makeup and a lot of sequins and glitter. Makes you have a whole different opinion about The late Andre The Giant, doesn't it?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Casey Morgan
06-06-2006, 09:02 AM
the Golden Age of Crossdressing had to be the 1700 - 1800's. Look at any picture of a man from that age and you will see him in a wig, tights, makeup, lace, and 2-3" high heels. men were more femm that the women of the area. LOL. Then it all changed. Sad.......

It is sad. Just think of the "real guy" conversations we're missing out on. "Yo. I gotta gota da store. I'm outta suds and smokes, and I just put a hole in my last pair of white stockings."

Jennaie
06-06-2006, 07:49 PM
As I remember, I watched Peter Pan when I was 4 years old. When the movie was over I cried and cried. I wrote Peter Pan a letter asking for some magic fairy dust, "actually my mother wrote the letter for me". I did get a return letter, it was from Mary Martin, she informed me that she was so sorry but she was all out of magic fairy dust and sent me an 8 by 10 of her flying. I was very touched but so sad that she had run out of magic fairy dust. I'm sure that this is no doubt what started my crossdressing, something about those tights and god, did that boy have a cute bottom or what? :lol:

LucyTwitch
06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi

If its in him, then yes, if its not then no

Gypsy Sam
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Enjoyed your summary of the fictional roots of the Peter Pan story. Plenty of creative writing going on here. The contributing responses are most interesting in respect to the mental processing of early childhood rembrances.
Tough crowd here, the literary talent has little respect for learners.