PDA

View Full Version : Shoe sizes , is there a guide ,men's to women's?

Silkblouse
06-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi All,

.. .. so , is there a guide or table to which I may refer , my feet are a very wide 9 in a men's shoe , . . . does size vary from inexpensive to EXPEN$IVE??

. . . thanks in advance , I have more things to ask , however , a single question per posted thread seems to befit the decorum [I been lurking , reading and learning]

Summer
06-03-2006, 12:41 AM
In a men's 9 D, you should wear a women's 11 WW or 11E.
There are several sites that will show a conversion. But if you start there you should be good to go.
Summer

Silkblouse
06-03-2006, 12:49 AM
oh thank you Summer , thank you Dawn, I'm learning , and hope to have some "knockout" photos to post , I'm patient with myself ,... so very new to this , I'm delirious , really!

sarahjan
06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
People you should by two sizes up from your male shoe but I find I can wear a ladies 10 and I am a mans 10.

(Thats a UK 10)

Melinda G
06-03-2006, 01:07 AM
I have small feet. Mens 7 to 7 1/2, and womens 8 1/2 fits me fine.

Tracy_Victoria
06-03-2006, 03:36 AM
People you should by two sizes up from your male shoe but I find I can wear a ladies 10 and I am a mans 10.

(Thats a UK 10)

Hi

UK shoe sizes are the same for ladies and Mens, in the US you need to add 2 you your mans size if buying mens shoes, and then add another 2 if buying ladies shoes.

ie uk male size 8 = 10US or ladies 12US

the US sizes are smaller, therefore I wear a UK 10, or a US 12, but would need a 14 in ladies as there sizes are marked differently, but not here in the UK!

this seems to be the one thing UK Cd'er score on we seem to have a bigger range of ladies shoes in bigger feet sizes available here. hence if your struggling try ebay.co.uk not com. (also remember because of the diffeneces when buyng shoes here in the uk, you can subtract 2 from you mans size to find your UK size.

Ie if your a 15US your UK size is 13, and these would fit you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-stretch-thigh-boots-Size-13-UK_W0QQitemZ7770364311QQcategoryZ53557QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

I did check the largest size I could fine was a UK 14, which would be a mans 16 in the US. and if graded under the US system these would be a ladies size 18US

Hope this helps

Sharon B.
06-03-2006, 06:01 AM
I have found out that I can wear woman's size 12W and a man's 12D (USA, KY). Go figure.

Tracy_Victoria
06-03-2006, 06:11 AM
I have found out that I can wear woman's size 12W and a man's 12D (USA, KY). Go figure.

probably why I have a pair of size tens that fit like a glove, and another that "BURY ME" way to large, ie different makers, different cuts, different paterns, etc

Maybe because the ladies have more room in the toes, who knows?

The above is only a guide, and with all things, you don't know until you try them.

Go figure.

Was that really Needed?

Margaret
06-03-2006, 06:53 AM
I found this site some time ago and printed out the chart. It gives an accurate measure of your foot size:
http://www.italianheels.com/english/html/fittings_en.shtml

However as with everything in clothing you need to try them on! Good Luck.

Jennaie
06-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Yes, there are guides, but I found that it's just like mens shoes, they don't always hold true.

Carole
06-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Have a look at the Payless shoe site they have a printable size chart that is fairly accurate.

julie w
06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
the size can very from manufacturer to manufacturer so best to try them on if you can . also if you are going to be out and about make sure they fit
comfortably or you ankles and feet will kill you , you dont have to spend
a lot of money for shoes , most of my shoes I can be out all day and
my feet are fine and I didnt spend a lot for them

Butterfly Bill
06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Looks like you can fit into an 11W, and you are lucky. You can still go to the Target and the Kmart and most other mainstream stores. If you were one size larger, like me, you would be restricted to Pay Less and (some but not all) Wally Worlds. Any larger and you would have to go to Nordstrom, or one of the "specialty" shops, and that would be $$££