PDA

View Full Version : Lycra to be outlawed!!

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-19-2004, 06:26 PM
A new ruling brought in by the Governments of the USA, Canada, the European Parliment and Australia wil see Lycra clothing banned from the summer of 2005.
In a press release, Belgian MP Pierre Lief said that 'Lycra has to be eradicated because its tightness can cause constriction of blood vessels, which in turn can lead to DVT.' (DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS.)
Anyone caught contravening this unique unilateral agreement faces a fine of upto $10,000 and a jail term of 10 years.

[SIZE=1]not really...I just wanted to give crispy a panic attack[SIZE]

clarissa3d
11-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I have a hard time beliving this would ever happen. The goverment telling us what we can wear??

Dont think so....

Ashleigh
11-19-2004, 07:41 PM
DON'T GIVE THEM THE IDEA!!! :eek:

Sweet Susan
11-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I have a hard time beliving this would ever happen. The goverment telling us what we can wear??

Dont think so....

Surely you know about your current government than to believe that.

crispy
11-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Charlotte Elizabeth: you bad bad girl, scaring this softee shark like that! :eek:

I know you're just looking for a reaction from me. Well, I'm on the trail and will snap your toes off if I ever get even a sniff of them. Start swimming ..... FAST !! :D

just because I started the warning about Bra Constrictors ....... :)

KewTnCurvy GG
11-20-2004, 12:22 AM
:p :D ~~Crispy~~ :p :D

hugs
kew

Felicity
11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Like the fine print? Fine Lycra?

When I started reading the post, I was thinking of the Olympics. Once I realized it wasn’t the Olympics, Then I smelled something was up…. Especially when I heard the blood part. Actually, firm fitting Lycra is good for athletics I don’t remember the terms used, but start doing some searches on “competition swim wear.” Because of what I already read in this regard, I knew something was amiss…. Then…. I read the fine print at the bottom…. Good for some laughs huh…

Well, I love lycra too… Lycra is some awesome stuff. Don’t ever put Crispy and me together in a room with only one lycra outfit!

Bernadina
11-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Had me worried.

For minute I though that Stephen Harper was now our Canadian Prime Minister.

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 05:20 AM
Charlotte Elizabeth: you bad bad girl, scaring this softee shark like that! :eek:

I know you're just looking for a reaction from me. Well, I'm on the trail and will snap your toes off if I ever get even a sniff of them. Start swimming ..... FAST !! :D

just because I started the warning about Bra Constrictors ....... :)
Ok, I'll start swimming just as soon as I put on a lycra swimsuit.

Stormgirl
11-20-2004, 06:20 AM
hardy har har har har :rolleyes:

crispy
11-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Ok, I'll start swimming just as soon as I put on a lycra swimsuit.
I hope you get a DVT.....
............... no, I don't really, I was just being a bitch. :p

of course I don't, us sharks like to hunt healthy young girls, not sick old tarts with blood clots :cool:

<:D>

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 08:46 AM
the sea around here-the south coast of england-is just a wee bit chilly at the moment.could I stand in a nice warm bath and be chased around that instead??

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 08:49 AM

Dont think so....
actually the European Government were going to outlaw PVC clothing a couple of years back because its not very biodegradable.Thankfully they changed their minds.

Sharon
11-20-2004, 08:56 AM
actually the European Government were going to outlaw PVC clothing a couple of years back because its not very biodegradable.Thankfully they changed their minds.

But we girls never throw any clothing out to worry about biodegradability! :)

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 08:58 AM
I agree, Sharon...esp anything as fab as PVC...

crispy
11-20-2004, 09:05 AM
the sea around here-the south coast of england-is just a wee bit chilly at the moment.could I stand in a nice warm bath and be chased around that instead??
Yummeee !! :D

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 09:45 AM
gotta have a bubblebath if I'm gonna be chased around in it...hope you like the taste of painted toe nails though..

crispy
11-20-2004, 09:48 AM
gotta have a bubblebath if I'm gonna be chased around in it...hope you like the taste of painted toe nails though..
toenails are nice but bubblebath ..... UGHHH !!! :eek:

never mind Children in Need ............. Be Kind To Sharks :p

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-20-2004, 09:56 AM
no bubblebath? but are are you to trap me, cover me in bubbles and then (CENSORED)?

Wenda
11-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Had me worried.

For minute I though that Stephen Harper was now our Canadian Prime Minister.
That is closer to reality than you may recall, Dina, only it was the New Democrats not the Conservatives. In a moment of political stupidity in the mid ninety's the provincial government came up with a bizarre law prohibitting dancers from wearing latex in a licensed (liquor-serving) establishment. After the minister involved received swarms of calls for interviews from all over North America and around the world, the 'law' was withdrawn.
fyi, Saskatchewan has a peculiar combination of laws for strip clubs. Contrary to, say, vegas, the girls here can strip right down to nothing, and private dancers can stand on the arms of a chair, 'dancing' for the seated patron. The dancer can get any part of her body as close as she wants to the patron, but touching of any kind is illegal. Although we can drink beer at ball games, and in hockey rinks and at rodeos, NO liquor of any kind can be sold at a strip club. Additionally, most cities have by-laws that keep these clubs in industrial areas. The most bizarre aspect, there are no age limits to these clubs. Because no alcohol is sold, I have seen boys as young as 15 come and sit in the front row while the dancers peel and squirm right down to their birthday suit. Hope I didn't hijack the thread. Charlotte, shame on you, you gave us all a little trip closer to cardiac arrest! good thread. wenda.

Felicity
11-20-2004, 09:17 PM
The strip clubs in Oregon are rather liberaL.

The girls take it all off (except shoes... required)
Private dances allowed
The customer cannot touch the dancer
The dancer can touch the customer except with private parts

Also, I believe Portland, Oregon has the most strip clubs per capita in the world....