PDA

View Full Version : What A Loss

Brianna Lovely
06-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi Gurls,
Was looking around the net and came across this site about men's skirts. I think they've gone out of business, but it would have been a wonderful new trend. May have given "all" girls the right to dress the way they want.
Brianna
http://www.midasclothing.com/old/index.html

HaleyPink2000
06-03-2006, 11:42 AM
It would be a good trend if that would catch on. Maybe even a chain of stores would be cool.:D

gennee
06-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Gurls,
Was looking around the net and came across this site about men's skirts. I think they've gone out of business, but it would have been a wonderful new trend. May have given "all" girls the right to dress the way they want.
Brianna
http://www.midasclothing.com/old/index.html

I looked at the website, Brianna. They have some tops and skirts that I would love to have. If they are out of business, it's too bad because they could have done well.

Gennee

Brianna Lovely
06-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I looked at the website, Brianna. They have some tops and skirts that I would love to have. If they are out of business, it's too bad because they could have done well.

Gennee

I'm not sure that they're out of business, but it seems their site was not updated since 2004? You could email them.

Julia Cross
06-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Well I guess thet are out of business because they didn't do well.

I think there is a misconception here that if you offer a product that is designed for men but mimics an actual women's product, men, and especially crossdressers will buy.

As crossdressers, part of the appeal is the wearing clothing of the opposite sex. I think many CD's will not be all that interested in a product line like this.I am not saying it is a bad idea and i am also not saying all CD's will not buy from here, but in my opinion and my personal experience, crossdressing is very much about dressing and appearing in the clothing of the opposite sex.

Julia

lisajanexx
06-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I have to agree with Julia. I certainly wouldn't go to a men's skirt shop (should it exist) the whole thing for me is to wear feminine clothing. A male skirt is, to be blunt, a kilt. Good luck to the Scots, but they don't come in the styles I want!
LJ xx

Deanna2
06-04-2006, 05:23 PM
There was a lot of attention a couple of years back about men wearing skirts. There was an acronym which I think was MUG which stood for 'Men's Unbifurcated Gear'. Or something similar. The unbifurcated meant one only as in a skirt as opposed to two as in the two legs of trousers.

I guess that it ceased to be newsworthy because it either succeeded and people lost interest or it failed because no one was interested.

gennee
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure that they're out of business, but it seems their site was not updated since 2004? You could email them.

Thank you for the suggestion, Brianna.

Gennee

ReginaK
06-05-2006, 06:11 AM
That's nice and all, but they seem to cater more to the counter culture crowd.

Most crossdressers wouldn't buy them simply because they aren't "girls clothes".

I wouldn't mind wearing a few of them.

Angie G
06-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Sound like a good thing but for me it the womans skirt that makes me feel feel
Feminine and that the feel I'm out to get.
And I think thats what most of girls want.
Angie

pinkshelly
06-05-2006, 11:50 AM
A friend of mine told me about thong underwear for men. Like whats the sense. If it's for men. then It's mens wear.
Huggs, Shelly.

julie w
06-05-2006, 12:15 PM
how ever much we may wont skirt wearing by men to catch on ,I personally
dont think it will ever happen, most ( normal ) men would not wear one in public , as for me It would do nothing for me, the reason I dress is to feel feminine . eg a guy who I work with got married in a kilt .
another one of my colleagues said to me queer scots man wearing a skirt !

trannie T
06-07-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm happy wearing skirts intended for women. I don't think you're supposed to wear panties under a kilt.

swiss_susan
06-07-2006, 03:50 AM
One reason for a lack of success might be their high prices!

Susan

Lilith Moon
06-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Like others have said, my preferece is for female clothing....I'm a crossdresser.

There was a company selling "manties", panties for men. Not sure if they are still around, but their products just didn't appeal to me simply because they ware labelled "for men"....go figure.

Angela Burke
06-07-2006, 04:59 AM
I agree with Susan.
Their products look great
and I think they would be fun to wear.
But there's no way I'd pay £45 for a skirt!
I'll just stick with my lovely womens skirts.