PDA

View Full Version : Fired therapyst seek sanity with own kind CD

dancer1
06-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Here i sit at the cpu in my favorate VS jeans talking with others i feel great. went last week after 7 months of paid help im no closer to the real me and the transistion to coming out of the dark. i said let thier be someone like me who may have already been there. i need support and inspreation from other girls not the answer why i cross dress i know that answer in my heart because i feel beter as dressed as a women then i ever felt dressed as a man. Nadeen wishes to exsplore all the attrbutes of cross dressing so that when that day comes and im to meet my maker i will look good and feel great.:hugs: Nadeen ps dancer1 is the name of my mare she 4 yrs old and loves kisses and me

Connieminiskirts
06-03-2006, 05:06 PM
why you dress. You have to take a look at your life, your thoughts, feelings, your past and present and then weigh all of that and figure it out.
Therapists, psychologists, psyfhiatrists and councilors always seem to want to explain everything by using some kind of book. And they all say ya gotta fit in to some pre-arranged mental disorder or else they will try and make up a new one.
COunciling is great for helping to take a look at yourself, but if your not totally open with it then whatever they tell you is tainted.
Being totally open and honest with yourself, moving away from the therapy you were in could very well be the first step to truly understanding who you are and what you. But yet sometimes we just simply dont truly understand it all, its life, its part of who and what we are, do the best youc an to be happy and accepting of yourself.
I say this because I learned a long time ago, if you dont accept yourself, then there is really no way that others can accept you either. And learning that and putting it into practice has made such a diference in my life that I really dont care what others think of me. I am WHO and WHAT I am!
I am a male and I am a crossdresser! Thats who I am and if family/friends do not like it or accept this, that is truly their own loss.

Hope this littel 'rant' helps you in some way,
Hugs, Connie Lynn

Joy Carter
06-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Been there hun all they told me is to not do it ! To think about the negative things that can happen. I told them all it's me where talking about and I need to be me. Funny I was there for another reason and we never got back to talking about that issue. LOL

Wenda
06-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum, dear.. You have found a warm and supportive place. A safe harbour. If you go back through some of the threads, you will see some very insightful discussions on your question. There is a time and place for therapy, but if your therapist just warns you about the possible negative consequences and tells you to stop, you may as well discuss it with your grandmother. It doesn't sound like your therapist listened to you or tried to understand, so I think you made the right decision.
Without knowing your circumstances, married? children? transexual? community? etc, etc., I believe that, by and large, crossdressing is harmless (unless you expose your family to ridicule).
I don't see the point in trying to find out WHY we do it, who cares? My mom was flat chested? I had a childhood crush on a lady with hooters? It is like a child psychologist told me, "trying to discover what started the behavior isn't important, discovering why it continues may be worthwhile.." For me, personally, I don't invest much effort in self-analysis. When I feel like dressing, I do. When I don't, the panties and bras just stay in the drawer. I have the luxury of a GF who knows, supports and participates, adult children who know and don't care, and I live alone.
This isn't a crime or, as far as I know, a sin. It is just something that is done by a minority (?) of men who like to feel and look feminine. Don't beat yourself up. :) :) :)

Krystenw
06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I have seen enough therapist over the last 50+ years that I could have put my children through college. I found that most of them have now idea what they are talking about.
I have found that this is most likely something that is never going to go away. And if you are not honest with yourself and your spouse things will only get worse.
For those that do not have accepting spouses I would suggest family therapy. Not your local priest or other clergy. Someone that can be impartial and not take sides.

dancer1
06-04-2006, 10:50 AM
In responce to my thread I fired my therpyst, dawn want to know if i drink to numb myself, well the answer is NO at 45 with 3 grown sons two in active service an a 6th grader at home with out regrets 22 years ago i fell in love and wanted the world, but i did not think my Cross dressing was a issue, as it is now for me i wish to exsplore only me inside.
Dawn came right out of the gate and has found someone but has not needed to sacrafice her idenity to achive that. I on the other hand thought i could manage it I apollgize i failed in the later round and thats what i trying do deal with now. So i do envy Dawn for knowing that her life is what she makes of it today but i would be intressed to see what its like 24 years from now.:( Nadeen

Julie York
06-04-2006, 12:57 PM
I have read your post above several times. I still don't understand it.