PDA

View Full Version : Just a little food for thought here...

myMichelle
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I was just reading one of the recent pantyhose-related posts when I began to wonder something: Just what is it with pantyhose that those of us GM's find so irresistable? Apparently, (and this is for you Tamara GG) I think that most GG's do not care for hose very much at all. Is it just that we're like a bunch of kids in a candy store, or is there more to it?

What are some of your thoughts, girls?

Tamara Croft
06-03-2006, 02:47 PM
This meant to be in the ftm? or u want me to move it :p

myMichelle
06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Oops. Sorry. If you could move it, that would be great.Thanks.

Tamara Croft
06-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Oops. Sorry. If you could move it, that would be great.Thanks.Moved it ;) and yes you're right, I don't care much for hose at all, nor stockings... I find them itchy, annoying and uncomfortable... although they do make my legs look nice in heels ;)

Julie Avery
06-03-2006, 03:06 PM
...they do make my legs look nice...

That's the charm of it for MTF CD's. Not complicated at all. One of the major joys of MTF crossdressing.

lisajanexx
06-03-2006, 03:16 PM
in my case its hold ups, not necessarily pantyhose (or tights, in UK). you know as well as I the feel is what it is probably about, but the look, bold colours for me, are the winner. still, I think a crossdresser without any nylon is missing the finishing touch, like painted nails or jewellery.
LJ xx

Julia Cross
06-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I have wondered the same for quite some time and I believe I have come to this conclusion for me. While all things I wear when dressed are meant for women, somehow pantyhose/tights seem extra feminine. They are so delicate and form fitting, somewhat restricting causing you to be more aware of how you move and what you do. Therefore for me, wearing them is a constant reminder of my transition.

And if you have the right size on, the feel so comfortable, they enhance the sensations of your outer garments brushing against your legs, be it a skirt or pants.

Julia

SherriePall
06-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I just love them. And my legs feel better wearing them. Maybe it's my varicose veins (I have my closure procedure scheduled on my left leg in a couple of months). Of course, they do make my legs look better (if that's at all possible -- LOL). However, when it gets hot, I do remove them because they're a little too much then under my jeans.

Annabel
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
I love wearing tights; a skirt without tights isn't quite the same. I do prefer nylons, and sheer at that (I'm not at all keen on opaques).

I also find that tights and a [lined] skirt is so much more comfortable than wearing trousers. Apart from anything else, they make you so aware of your legs and how they move.

In warmer weather, I go for fishnets, worn with a denim or cotton skirt. They are cooler than nylons - evidenced by seeing many Italian women wearing them - but sexy and classy.

Wendy me
06-03-2006, 05:16 PM
before i was shaved legged all the time i loved them ....now i don't care for them much at all................

~Kitty GG~
06-04-2006, 04:56 AM
I'm too lazy and I find them too hot... now.

But when I was young I always wore them. Cuz they do great things for your legs, especially if you have glow in the dark white skin.. like me.

I loved L'Eggs Sheer Energy cuz they didn't get baggy elephant knees. And cuz the ones w/o lycra always felt like they were crawling down my legs.

I've only just worn my first pair of fishnets this year.. how weird is that?!?
I probably never would have worn them except that Dee suggested I try them. And I really liked the look. See how much fun this is for us? LOL

sorry if you didn't want a GG opinion. .. if that's the case please delete

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

~Dee~
06-04-2006, 05:05 AM
i sometimes wear hose .. they can be nice .. but i usually find that i dont want to be all that dressy.

and then when i want to be dressy i tend to wear the patterned netting stockings that i have .. cause they look kewler .. =)
and they also keep my legs warm when i find myself :eek:, like an icicle.

I've only just worn my first pair of fishnets this year.. how weird is that?!?
I probably never would have worn them except that Dee suggested I try them. And I really liked the look. See how much fun this is for us? LOL

its always been great fun.
and you looked very cute with them too ..
:happy:
though i think that you would also look well suited in those kid like striped coloured stockings too .. something about the kid in you i think would like the 'bit of colour' ;)
:D

Monique_Lynn
06-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Love my pantyhose also, make legs look and feel good as well as holding things in place.
ginger

Penny
06-04-2006, 06:30 AM
I was just reading one of the recent pantyhose-related posts when I began to wonder something: Just what is it with pantyhose that those of us GM's find so irresistable? Apparently, (and this is for you Tamara GG) I think that most GG's do not care for hose very much at all. Is it just that we're like a bunch of kids in a candy store, or is there more to it?

What are some of your thoughts, girls?
Well pantyhose helps hide the firehose and GG's don't have that problem....:battingeyelashes: :censor:

TGMarla
06-04-2006, 07:22 AM
I wear hosiery whenever I dress. I do this for several reasons:

I find it irresistable. I'm extrememly attracted to it. It's really what got me started.
I think it's very feminine, and makes me look pretty. I like looking pretty.
I don't shave, so it's rather necessary.

So bring on the hosiery! I get Tamara's, since she doesn't want hers!

Raychel
06-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeh what Marla said. :thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
06-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I always loved pantyhose, still do. This Summer, though, I'm going to be wearing shorts more and capris and will be showing off my real legs (which aren't too bad really). I agree that pantyhose get hot and itchy especially after you've shaved but it's an "inconvenience" I put up with to look nice. BTW Tamara, I think you'd look nice no matter what you wear. Ericka

EricaCD
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Agree with what was posted above as to comfort, sexy feel, covering hair, adding skintone, etc. More generally, with hose it's just all-around easier to pass male legs off as female. Without stockings of some sort (pantyhose, thigh his, tights, whatever) the male musculature of the calf becomes more noticeable. Male knees (which tend to be more prominently bony) show up more. Also, a genetic female who is wearing pantyhose enhances the perception of length and narrow proportion of her thighs - actually bringing them a little closer to the shape of a genetic male's thighs. Lastly, there seems to be a bit of cognitive deception involved - if you see a pair of legs in black pantyhose, the observer is naturally going to be inclined to perceive them as belonging to a woman.

Upshot - I almost never do without them.

Erica

Melinda G
06-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I wear the All Sheer To The Waist kind. They feel good. They make my legs look even better than they already do, and my smooth shaved butt looks so good under that thin film of nylon, it takes my breath away!
One of my favorite outfits, is all sheer pantyhose, ankle strap heels, and a black teddy. Then I just put on a light spring coat, and go for a long walk. No one knows what I have on under the coat, and it feels great.

cosmolovesph
06-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I wear the All Sheer To The Waist kind. They feel good. They make my legs look even better than they already do, and my smooth shaved butt looks so good under that thin film of nylon, it takes my breath away!
One of my favorite outfits, is all sheer pantyhose, ankle strap heels, and a black teddy. Then I just put on a light spring coat, and go for a long walk. No one knows what I have on under the coat, and it feels great.

That would be a fun outfit to try... hmmm? ;)

Think of nylons (pick your style) as Makeup for your legs...

HaleyPink2000
06-05-2006, 12:54 AM
I like the complete body stockings lots. The lace looking ones.0.02

older not wiser
06-05-2006, 01:46 AM
I totally agree with Ginger and Penny on this one. Not only do I love wearing pantyhose but it is also a necessity!

Love; BonnieAnne