PDA

View Full Version : Bluted out in a store.....

Connieminiskirts
06-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Yesterday my darling wife and I were in teh mall in Reno, and we had gone into several stores looking for this and that. She was trying to find a "farmers overhauls" skirt. could only find shorts!!

Anyway, we were in the Express store looking at things, and there I saw it! This cute grey layerd skirt! And I blurted out. "Holy crap! I love that skirt!!" I went directly to them and took one off the rack and held it up to me, "Its perfect!" I said, Sue had followed and "baby, you might not want to be so loud, people are looking." I just said "so let 'em look! Now do you like this skirt or not?" She said it lookd great and should fit. Neither of us had seen the girl who worked there come up. She came over and said, "I think it will fit too, would you likie to try it on?" I looked at here and just said, "no thanks," "You sure, the fitting rooms are right over there" Still I said "No, thats okay, but we do gotta find a top to go wit it", she showed us where they were and we said thanks.
It was fun! Sue was embarrassed but I just went looking fopr tops. Kept holing them up to me, so many colours, so many styles, The girls who worked in the store all looked to be between maybe 18 to 25. And every one of the 5 had to walk past and and least look. THere were only maybe 4 or 5 other cust. in the store, all female. But it was okay, I finally picked a lite pink tee, paid and left. I was really quite comfortable the whole time!!
When we got home and I tried it all on I found myself wishing I had at least tried the top. Forgot that womens large and mens large aint the same large!
I am so tempted to go back next weekend in the skirt and "show off" a little.
But not sure thats a good idea.

Anyway, has anyone else embarressed themself or a thier S/O by blurting out as I did. I didnt even realize I had said it loud at all. I thought I had only THOT it!!!! LOL

btw I was endrab not at all dressed but still it was okay

lisajanexx
06-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Well done! You have to say 'who cares' occasionally! The one time I did the same I was in a shop in Manchester, England, and I wanted the thigh high black patent boots they had. They were not cheap so I went all out and tried them on, the shop assistants face was worth it, believe me! She went to get her colleague to see me, I didn't care by then. Do that more often, it will become second nature!!
LJ xx.

Wenda
06-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I haven't, but one time, my GF and I were going through tables at a close-out sale, looking at things for her or me, or whatever. She found a great nice skirt my size, and called out, "honey, I think this would look great on you!", and held it up. For about 2 seconds, the store was quiet, I felt like every head turned my way! I said, "Great, just hang on to it." and kept looking. Didn't buy the skirt but bought my favourite set of stretchy femme jeans.

Bernadina
06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
My wife often forgets and discusses how a dress or skirt would look good on me when we are in stores. So far I don't think anyone has noticed.

Sally24
06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Same here. I look, but am usually quiet about what I find. My wife on the other hand sometimes finds a great skirt or dress for me and says so very clearly. Haven't had any funny looks yet, but I don't usually look around much to see if anybody is paying attention.

Angie G
06-03-2006, 11:46 PM
No but my wife andI talk as if no one is around lik will it fit.
Or Iwill say I like this Oo that.

CammyT
06-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Aloha,
My wife once let it slip. We were at Macy's, she was looking for work clothes. I always help her out, sometimes pulling out some things out and making comments on the clothing in general. Anyway, I spotted a really nice cotton layered mid calf skirt. I pulled it out and said this looks nice. My wife looked at it and said "I think it would look good on you". Took me completely by surprise! A young couple happened to overhear what she said, the girl smiled and looked down in "that was cute" move. The guy took a second take. When he did, I tilted my head, smiled and batted my eyes. I can't believe I did that! "Temporary Femininity" LOL!

Wenda
06-04-2006, 08:58 AM
That's cute, Cammy! Sometimes when you just act on your impulse, it turns out best.

paulaN
06-04-2006, 10:14 AM
I'd say woo hoo you had a great day just beeing you. way to go girl.

Girly Sara
06-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I love shopping for girly stuff endrab and as Sara (only been enfemme once in March and that was fab)

When endrab i have varying levels of confidence dependant on my mood. In the past year, i've gained the confidence to try things on of which i've only had one knock back. I've also had two bra fittings.

I think the most memorable experience was walking into the ladies changing rooms and seeing a few women about to walk out. Their faces were a sight! lol No adverse comment though, just surprise! hehe

I urge everyone who's never done this before to go for it. The rewards are great! Let's face it, you're not hurting anyone! However, i appreciate that we're all at different stages and this maybe a step too far, too soon.

Good luck girls and take care!

Hugs from Sara xxx

dancer1
06-04-2006, 06:02 PM
way to go girl i find myself more and more to a all out move got my hair cut and asked the stylest to cut it more femine, she said its short but would pass as unisex and said she would let the top grow and keep the side shortfor now.:hugs: Nadeen

Paula UK
06-04-2006, 06:10 PM
never worried too much what people think. we shop alot together and will always comment on eachothers choices. i once actuallly tried some boots on and nobody batted an eyelid!! should do it more often realy, im sure people couldnt realy give a toss, im sure we worry too much. people are too busy going about there own lives to worry about us.

paula x