PDA

View Full Version : Summer Pantyhose

Joanie
06-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I remember back in the 80s Leggs made some veeeeeeeeery thin hoisery for summer wear; they did the opposite for winter, making some of fairly thick material. Are these still around? I haven't purchased in Leggs in ages, was buying Hanes in a department store this afternoon but didn't see anything dubbed Summer Sheer or anything like that.

Wendy me
06-03-2006, 05:06 PM
look here...http://www.leggs.com/

GypsyKaren
06-03-2006, 05:44 PM
They were called Summer L'eggs and were very comfortable. Unfortunately they haven't made them in years, but I do remember them quite well.

Karen

Joanie
06-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks, Karen, guess our remembering them shows we are certainly veteran CDers!

older not wiser
06-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi, Look on e-Bay, hon. If you need further info send me an e-mail, I will gladly help you

Love; BonnieAnne

Joanie
06-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks, BonnieAnne, I will look over there.

VERONICARH
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Joanie, There is a summer pantyhose out there by a mail order place that have a 65 degree pantyhose for summer. The company is called Silkes. I have order a pair to try out. Haven't received them yet.

Joanie
06-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks, dear, Silkes sounds interesting. Let me know how they are. I will do a google search under that name.

Jodi
06-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Joanie, Hanes makes their Silk Reflections "Beyond Bare" collection especially for summer. These are very sheer and almost disappear when put on. They make them in regular pantyhose and in the toeless style. I get mine at the Hames/Bally outlet store.

Jodi

stacie
06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Joanie, internet stores are the best place for summer time pantyhose, any hose from 10 den and lower are very comfee to wear during the summer. Try figleaves.com, stockingirl.com and silkies.

Joanie
06-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions, all of you! I can always count on this board to provide tons of info.

DeniseNY
06-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I can testify that the pantyhose from Silkies are wonderful! I own several pairs.

You can also get ultra-sheer pantyhose from some smaller stores. They are great to wear during the summer.

Julia Cross
06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Joanie,
I am not sure where you are located, but here in Ontario I have noticed that most stores only carry summer hose staring in the spring. They wouldn't be able to sell the heavier winter nylons. What I am referring to here is, winter is often 20-40 DIN or even higher, summer hose are 8-20 DIN. Most stores will carry a small selection of both all year around but will focus largely on what they can sell. The term sumeer hosiery seems to have gone away and terms like ultra sheer have replaced them. Usually the more sheer, the more for ideal for summer.

So I would suspect that if you it a department store, most of the hose out in the open are summer thickness.

Hope this helps a little.

julia

Joanie
06-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Julia,

Down here in the Sunny South (where lots of Canadians show up on our beaches in March for what are called "Can-Am Days") it gets pretty warm starting in early Spring, so imagine, based on what you said, what I bought yesterday was summer hoisery even though it doesn't say that on the package. It certainly FEELS cooler than the hoisery I purchased back in the winter.

I am learning alot from you experienced shoppers on a lot of find points like this, thanks!

Joanie

Gretchen
06-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I can happily second Jodi's post regarding Hanes Silk Reflections new "Beyond Bare" hosiery. I have several pairs and love their feel and sheerness. I especially like the fit and feel of their thigh high version in the medium and dark shades.
They are a bit spendy at the stores, ($9.95 at Kohl's)so I now buy them online from the OneHanesplace.com outlet at significant savings, like 3 pair for $14.99.
Love,
Gretchen