PDA

View Full Version : Confusing words to me...

Emma England
06-04-2006, 09:02 AM
I have seen several times two words which confuses me.

Drab and drag. :confused:

What do they mean? Is drab when you are in male clothes, and drag in female clothes?

I feel a bit stupid asking what should be common knowledge.

DanaJ
06-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Yes, that is correct...

Some say they come from DRessed as A Boy and DRessed as A Girl

CharlaineCadence
06-04-2006, 09:11 AM
D.R.A.B drab = Dressed as a boy

D.R.A.G drag = Dressed as a girl

Joy Carter
06-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Wow I'm so impressed with the knowledge that is available here. Being dumb and CD is sometimes a curse but then I came here so I guess I'm smart on that note.

Living In Rarefied Air; Joy Carter :D

Butterfly Bill
06-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Some say they come from DRessed as A Boy and DRessed as A Girl
And drab expresses how we feel about the feel and especially the colors of typical male clothing (choice of black, dark brown, tan, navy blue, or grey).

~Kitty GG~
06-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Wow! I've learned two things today.

I knew what the terms meant.. but not where they came from. That's cool. Thanx for asking the q, Emma.

And its safe here to ask things. Everyone's so helpful and won't consider a dumb q.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

DeniseNY
06-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks Dana and Charlaine!

I knew what the words meant, but I never knew that they were acronyms that stood for anything. Now I know.

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
And drab expresses how we feel about the feel and especially the colors of typical male clothing (choice of black, dark brown, tan, navy blue, or grey).

OTOH, you're only drab en homme if you let yourself be....

While being a metrosexual is a tad passe, one can still take those dressing/apparence skills and apply them to male mode. If nothing else, if you watch "What Not to Wear," check out what Clinton is wearing. Yeah, he's a fashionista so you might want to tone it down a bit and/or take some of the idea and make their your own. Most of us do spend time en homme, so why not look good in men's clothing too? (If nothing else, I'll willing to be most SOs would appreciate it.)

Kate Simmons
06-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Soon, I'm gonna try dressing in a man's suit and tie as Ericka. They never know what I'm going to do at the club (sometimes, I don't either for that matter). May do a lip sync number dressed as Ericka but to Howard Keel's voice singing " Oh, what a beautiful morning" from Oklahoma. Oh, the pain of it! (poor audience).Oh well, no one ever said it was gonna be easy! Ericka