PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get rings from?

Emma_Forbes
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Girls,

OK I can get jewellery from ebay without any problem but where do I get rings from? In particular, where do I get rings to fit my fat fingers or where the ring is altered by the shop prior to shipping to me? I know what size I need, but can't find anywhere to buy from. Any suggestions?

Em

Tamara Croft
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/

susanjane
06-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi,

Try www.argos.co.uk
I have had a couple from there, big sizes.
Susanjane
:love:

Tracy_Victoria
06-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Try www.argos.co.uk
I have had a couple from there, big sizes.
Susanjane
:love:

Yep, but just go in to a jewellers before hand to get your correct size, you don't have to buy anything, then in argos you can just order that size!

have fun Em

Sandra
06-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Got Nigellas from www.qvc.co.uk

Size Z.

If anything is wrong you can send it back within 30 days even if you have worn it and you don't like it.

JoAnnDallas
06-05-2006, 02:23 PM
I'll repost tomorrow, but I have a catalog that has fem jewlery in it. They even have wedding rings. Cost is not bad. Most expensive piece was about $50.00. Humm a set of wedding bands on your hand should make the Illusion more real. If I saw a person that was dressed and looked a lot like a women and then saw wedding rings on her fingure, I would have to think twice about if she was NOT a woman. LOL

Jodi
06-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm lucky to have thin hands. I wear an 8-1/2 in a thin ring and a 9 in a wide ring. I buy rings at Sears, Penneys, New york & Co and Claires. These rings are inexpensive, ie $5-10, and you can try them on right from the display.

Jodi

Sharon
06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Check out the plus sized rings:

http://www.shavonne.com/

~Dee~
06-06-2006, 12:47 AM
or you could always get your friendly local jeweller to make them :battingeyelashes:

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
In the U.S. there's Classic Plus Sized Jewelry. (http://www.classicplussizejewelry.com/) They've also got plus-sized watches and bracelets.

Jillian310
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Of all places I have found nice rings in Sears and they resize them for free. I have porchased a faux engagement ring and a faux ruby. The ruby is for my index finger.

Girly Sara
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Emma,

Try 'Mini Diamonds' in London's Soho. Their address is: 32 Berwick Street, London, W1F 8RL.

MD sell affordable jewellery which can be adjusted to suit different sizes and are very helpful. The downside being that they don't have a website so you would need to travel down.

They supply to TV companies, theatrical groups etc etc and come highly recommended. I bought some jewellery from there 2 weeks ago and i'm very happy with it.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Sara xxx

Jillian310
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Picked up my faux ruby ring yesterday. It looks great! I am looking for inexensive rings for my thumbs now. At present I wear the following: Left hand beginning with the little finger, all yellow gold-woven gold, wedding band and 'engagement 'ring, no ring, faux ruby. On the right, beginning with the litle finger-yellow and white gold 'diamondy' , unique diamond/onyx yin yang, no ring, five diamond ring.

susann_gardener
06-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I found my 3 stone amethest ring on the floor at Wallmart! Keep your eyes open.

Karren H
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Most of mine came from Kohl's, Sears or Kaughman's department stores. My ring finger is a 10 and they are not uncommon. And plenty of 7s and 8s for the pinky. I do wear rings on the other fingers but either get those coiled rings and just uncoil them a bit or one of those expandable rings. Kind of like a mini watch band. Comes in differen colors. But beware. They will snag your nylons in a heartbeat!! Grrrrrr. Don't know how many pair I've gone through. Hehehe

Love Karren

julie w
06-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I had a couple of old male style gold rings I havent worn in 20years I converted them myself to womens style rings they look great ,