PDA

View Full Version : Skin Tone

DonnaT
11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Two problems:

(1) Nasty scar on the upper arm from surgery. The doc "welded" it closed instead of stitches to heal faster, etc..

(2) lower arms are tanned and upper arms/torso is not.

Why are they problems? The black gown I bought recently for a Formal has no sleeves, and uses thin shoulder straps.

Any suggestions on how to hide these problems?

Sharon
11-20-2004, 09:36 PM
How about a shawl? Or an applied tanning lotion?

DonnaT
11-21-2004, 02:11 AM
It came with a shaw type top, which is one reason I bought it. My wife and I slipped into the Hecht's dressing room and tried it on, with shaw, and it looked fine. I'll probably, most likely, remove the shaw when dining however.

I've thought about the tanning gels/creams but don't know how well they work.

Hmmm http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_11.gif Maybe there's one of those spray tanning booths somewhere around here?

babe4life
11-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Hi Donna,

If you get a good quality (read: expensive) self tanning lotion, they tend to work better. At least, they do for me. They require some upkeep, but last longer than a tanning booth application. A friend of mine went for the tanning booth thing for photos for her Body for Life entry. I think it lasted all of about four days before it was gone again. So great for those special days (weddings, photos, etc), but not overly practical due to expense.

Just PLEASE don't get an ultraviolet tanning booth tan thing. Please? BAD news those things.

Love,
Vicky

Wendy me
11-21-2004, 07:03 AM
dona treat your slefe to going to a tanning salon you can get the tan lines you want "bikiny" surgery scars just suck got 9 of them (if i knew i would have lasted this long i'd took better care of this shell) unappealing scars but every thing looks better with a nice tan

Lily_gg
11-27-2004, 05:57 AM
If you're going via the fake tan route, buy the most expensive one you can afford. Make sure you try out the 'feel' of several before you choose - there are lotions, creams, gels, mousses, sprays and so on, some tinted so you can see what you've done, some not - I went for a gel, because it felt like it would be the easiest for me to apply.

Exfoliate really really well, and be careful about usually dry areas such as the elbows and knees. And if you don't wear gloves, make sure you wash your hands immediately afterwards, or be stuck with brown palms....

All of the above is gleaned from various magazines etc, my first experiment, with a Clarins gel type tanner, will probably be rather soon, on my legs. I'm worried about getting streaky legs though! :p