PDA

View Full Version : Job market for CD's?

Stephanie Miller
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Maybe I'm blind, but I've looked and I don't see any other threads that approach the subject of CD's in the work force. Now, I'm not talking about somebody that is going to transition anyway. Just a "plain Jane" CD.
Anybody out there have an understanding boss or maybe a second job that allows? (Sorry, drag queens I don't count:nono:)

Deborah
06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Hasn't been brought up because in a lot of other threads most people here mention they are in the closet. Those that are out might be able to answer you though. :)

MsJanessa
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm Hi-jacking the thread Stephanie to tell you that I love the outfit in your avatar

Siobhan Marie
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know about crossdressers in the workplace but what I do is that a friend of mine, Lisa is pre-op transexual. She works in security on a prestigious contract and doesn't seem to have a problem to her face, but what is said behind her back is horrendous and upsetting. :(

:hugs: Anna x

Julia Cross
06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Anna,
It's so disappointing that people feel the need to criticize someone for not fitting the norm. Why is some feel the need to do this? What difference does it make in their lives.

Just really bothers me.

Julia

Jillian310
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
If the opportunity ever came up I would like to be a waitress or short order cook in a CD friendly bar/cub/restaurant. I am a magician with breakfasts and lunches! As a waitress I would dress in skirts/dresses slightly above the knee, and athletic shoes for ease and comfort.

Anita Mae GG
06-07-2006, 11:25 AM
My SO is an accountant

sportschick
06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
is that a real photo or is the person superimposed on the background..as in, is that a CD who actually works in business

Anita Mae GG
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
is that a real photo or is the person superimposed on the background..as in, is that a CD who actually works in business
looks to be superimposed

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi Sportschick,
Yep, that's me downtown. But, no I wasn't just coming from work :( . A couple of us had a local chapter of Tri Ess board meeting for lunch just around the corner one Saturday. Had the picture taken just for the fun aspect. ;)
Nice to see your in construction too. Rebar is hell on heels, eh? :Pullhair:
Just kidding. I, unfortunatly, have to put on the macho image there. Lifespan would be too short otherwise.

Tammy Marie,
Does that mean he's just a regular "bean counter" that has to be a stuff shirt at work and can't enjoy dress down Fridays? Or a work at home dude/dudette?
P.S. Pretty avitar. Lucky accountant.:thumbup:

Julia Cross
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Looks superimposed, no shadows around the person walking, sort of floating in the image. But fun none the less.

J

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Yep, I know I "cleaned" this one up too much ( scanned from a throwaway camera original) - but rest assured. It's the real deal. I don't have any problems making a fool of myself in town, anytime. I just try not to embares the gg's I'm trying to emulate, by looking too bad.
But, just to give you more fun
QUICK! Pick the original!! :D

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Sorry, forgot to attach to last post :bonk:

Wendy me
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
the best cd job ?? retired.....

Julia Cross
06-07-2006, 02:49 PM
...nice outfit in the original one. The man in the background would be a lot smaller if he was that far behind you.

J

BlueKat
06-07-2006, 02:56 PM
IMHO...
photoshop :p

Casey Morgan
06-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Also, the background in the second one is slightly blurred while you aren't. Try blurring the image of you (gaussian blur perhaps?) first. And the string area of the racket should be a closer match to the wall that's supposed to be showing through it. But it's the blurred vs. non-blurred that caught my eye. Good cut out job though.

Julie York
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Back on topic....

There are in fact several Cds on this very forum who have jobs as waitresses and secretaries and dress in fem clothing all day...and yet when you ask them a sensible question about how this came about....they become very shy and disappear from the forum.

Wonder why that is?

:D

Amelie
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I had small jobs in bars and clubs as a woman.

I have worked some jobs as a woman but they weren't the 9to5 type jobs.

Ok Julie, I guess I should now dissappear from the forum. lol

Win Der Mere
06-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm always on the lookout for good secretaries, and currently have a vacancy for a yard sweeper/handyperson. Must look feminine at all times, not be shy, and return banter as good as they get. Pay : dreadful. Perks : fantastic. Any knowledge of employment law seriously discouraged. Apply with full cv, explaining in detail why you'd like to work for me, to my pm box.,
Dalesman.

Julie York
06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
You're only supposed to disappear after I ask a probing question dammit!!!!

Are you prepared to be probed?:eek:

How did you get a job working in fem mode? What did you wear? Did you ever disguise the nature of what you are or was everyone aware of the real situation?

It will be a breath of fresh air to actually have a genuine answer from someone like you who doesn't live in fantasy land.

Cheers. JY.
:thumbsup:

Amelie
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
You're only supposed to disappear after I ask a probing question dammit!!!!

Are you prepared to be probed?:eek:

How did you get a job working in fem mode? What did you wear? Did you ever disguise the nature of what you are or was everyone aware of the real situation?

It will be a breath of fresh air to actually have a genuine answer from someone like you who doesn't live in fantasy land.

Cheers. JY.
:thumbsup:

I was already a club goer when I knew people that wanted help in the clubs, mostly carrying stuff and doing earands. Everyone already new that I was a T-girl so their was no secrets to keep and no surprises.

I wore a wedding gown. no wait a minute, I usually wore a black skirt and t-shirt style tops and black tights.

Then I would go to my dad's work place and tease the construction workers. I would sing and dance for them at lunch time. Of course this was when I didn't have to go to school, where I only wore lingere to.

Julie Avery
06-07-2006, 03:41 PM
A few months back I got a ton of interesting replies, including Amelie's, on this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=382994&postcount=1) asking the reverse of this thread's question - that is, I was asking if anyone had ever lost a job as a result of crossdressing. I was surprised at the number who had lost jobs.

Amelie
06-07-2006, 03:43 PM
A few months back I got a ton of interesting replies, including Amelie's, on this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=382994&postcount=1) asking the reverse of this thread's question - that is, I was asking if anyone had ever lost a job as a result of crossdressing. I was surprised at the number who had lost jobs.

I don't see my post. Did I reply to this question?

Siobhan Marie
06-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Anna,
It's so disappointing that people feel the need to criticize someone for not fitting the norm. Why is some feel the need to do this? What difference does it make in their lives.

Just really bothers me.

Julia

Julia, these people where my friend works are sad and pathetic, they haven't even got the guts to say it to her face, they say it to me instead and I find it very hard to take (it makes me cry inside), I actually told one person who has having a go at her that I was transgendered as well and to watch what he said and who he said it to. I do tell my friend everything that is said and how I feel because of it and she tells me not to worry about it, she says "if they can't say it to my face then its not worth saying". My own personal feeling is that they don't like to see other people happy or they're scared of change, which is more likely.

:hugs: Anna x

Julie York
06-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks Amelie. You're a star.:thumbsup: apart from the wedding dress hahahahaha

Tamara Croft
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Yep, I know I "cleaned" this one up too much ( scanned from a throwaway camera original) - but rest assured. It's the real deal. I don't have any problems making a fool of myself in town, anytime. I just try not to embares the gg's I'm trying to emulate, by looking too bad.
But, just to give you more fun
QUICK! Pick the original!! :DSure you did and see those pigs flying.... same as the other 2 pictures, photoshopped. I blew them up, I can see where they were cropped, quite a good job, but still, you missed a few bits ;) One more thing, tell me what throw away camera takes pictures that size? 965x964 pixels... and more to the point, how did you scan such a huge picture in that size?

Please remember, this forum is for support, not for putting up fake pictures you know are not real and passing them off for others to fall for it. It gives people false hope, that's not real support now is it?

:thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Tamara,
Please calm down and stop looking for paper tigers. I am not on this forum to give false hope. I AM very active in our local Tri Ess chapter in thier outreach. I go to many colleges and Jr. colleges ( in femme) to give outreach classes and inform. Yes, I go shopping all the time in femme. Yes, those ARE really me in the photos (the zerox one, I just cut me and enlarged a little- so any changes in format etc. may have happened in the transfer:rolleyes: ). The only one that is really just a "fun" picture (and only because a real me is put on a fake backround) is the tennis one.
As per your detective work via pixals - take your avitar for instance ...
if I cut half your face away and save it in low resolution and save it to the other side saved in high, you get a two resolution picture. But the moment you save it, it will be saved in an overall chosen format. Another thing, I know there are new disposable digital cameras cameras, but I am talking about the old fashion silver oxide camera. These have nothing to do with pixals as they are rated by silver grains ( ie: speed of film 100,200, 800).
Now please, my photo shop abilities suck, but the furthest thing in my mind is to cause harm to you or any other girl. Please take the pics with a grain of salt as they were just put there to start the thread.
If you ever make it across the pond, ring me up and we'll do lunch.:wave:

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Tamera,
I would rather have YOU fighting "paper tigers" and looking out for us C.D.'s - even if that means me getting hit - than ridiculing and pointing fingers at us like most GG's.
You go girl.:dance:
hugs,
Stephanie

MsJanessa
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
To go back to your original question Stephanie---my experience is that those of us who came out or transitioned(for TSs) later in life, after we had established jobs and careers have been able to keep the jobs/careers etc. I know a number of T-Girls who came out(or transitioned) when they were in their 20s however and became economically marginalized as a result--were either stuck in "traditional" female pink collar jobs(hairdresser, barmaids in Tranny bars, shop girls etc) where they didn't make much money and their brains and talents were underutilized or they became hookers and/or drug dealers---primarily because they had a very hard time breaking into regular jobmarkets like accounting, engineering, law, medicine, education etc. The T-Girls I know who have high paying jobs got them as traditional males and kept them even after they were out of there closets.