PDA

View Full Version : Boob repair kit

cassie
06-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Hi girls, is there a repair kit you can get for silicon breasts, or will I have to fork out for a new pair, which will be expensive...:mad:

Betty H
06-07-2006, 05:39 AM
You could take them to a plastic surgeon:D

Kate Simmons
06-07-2006, 07:05 AM
How about a tire patch kit, Cass? Seriously, once the silicone starts oozing, it's best to get new forms. Carol Wright has cheapies for $19.95 that you could use for spares until you could afford new ones. I will say though that these are quite durable and I go dancing, hiking, etc. with them and they hold up. I don't use my good ones for rough and tumble stuff. Ericka

Olivia
06-07-2006, 07:45 AM
You could take them to a plastic surgeon:D

:rofl:
O

jking90
06-07-2006, 12:02 PM
check out 3m transpore.
available at some pharmacy stores near the bandaid area.

Caitlintgsd
06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I'd think that you could use a silicone sealant (like something from 3M) and then just put a similar kind of material which matches outer surface of the form over the sealant while it's still pliable. But I've not tried it.

JulieFL
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I once grabbed a bra out of my wife's drawer and put it on w/o checking the under wires. I managed to poke a nice neat hole in both of my forms.

In a panic, I put a "patch" of duct tape over the holes until I could come up with a better solution, but so far (almost a year) the duct tape patches are holding just fine:D

I can fix ANYTHING with duct tape, bailing wire, and 550 cord :tongueout

Julie FL

KathlyLC
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
I have used Dr. Scholls mole skin in the past, but what I ofund that works just fine and is very flexible and blends in perfectly is Johnson & Johnson Activ-Flex premium adhesive bandages. I just use a portio of the bandaid so yu can actually get a few "blow out" patches from each bandaid. They do come in various sizes and styles........Its as close to skin as it gets. I have also tried that liquid bandaid and in some cases it also works fine, espeically if you use a bit of that silk nail repair material as a reinforcement.

The Activ-Flex bandages are best IMHO for repairs, that last just about forever.

janedoe311
06-07-2006, 02:42 PM
There are different plastics and it can be a rubber compound. You either need a universal solvent and patch or one just for that type of plastic. You can try the different types of plastic/rubber repair kits, they have a number of types of plastic and rubber patches and solvents. Put a small amount of the solvent on the form. Watch it because it might dissolve the form! If it can be peeled off after it dries then it is a different plastic. If it seems to become part of the form then it is probably the same type of plastic or rubber. Tape is probably the best like upholstery tape it is clear and is designed for wear and to match different types of materials. I have worked with acrylic, pvc, abs and styrene plastics and it can be a pain to find the right type of solvent.

Priss
06-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I kind of like the patch idea. How bout a section of baloon, and some silicone RTV. That's probably what I'd try if I were using them.

janedoe311
06-07-2006, 02:55 PM
I kind of like the patch idea. How bout a section of baloon, and some silicone RTV. That's probably what I'd try if I were using them.

Those silicon glues are great and will stick to glass, wood and many other things but in my experience are lacking on some plastics and rubbers. It is worth a try to put a dab on the form to see if it will stay there. Try to rub it off after it cures for 24 hours.

Stephanie Miller
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
After going through several sets of boobs, I finaly stumbled upon the answer.
No, really.
I have gone to the local Wal-Mart and gotten a vinyl repair kit for pool
blow-up toys. Make sure before you glue the vinyl patch on that you oversize it by about 3/16" over each side of the hole. ALSO, make sure you take a piece of fine sand paper and taper the edges of the patch in order to make a smooth and gradual transition. I havent needed to patch an edge seem, but it really works good, flexable and holds in the "body" area.
Clear too, just in case your headed to a wet tee shirt contest! :rofl: