PDA

View Full Version : living alone vs being married

older not wiser
06-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Has anyone thought about how it would be if you lived alone. Have you daydreamed about having your own closet, dresser with everything you desired?
Not having to hide anything you bought? Realizing your wildest dreams w/o any shame or guilt? I have and its mind boggeling. Anyone have any opinions?

Love; BonnieAnne

~Dee~
06-07-2006, 03:58 AM
have i thought of it? yes.

and its truly ghastly. :eek:

i hope it never happens in a million years. (and then some)

Toni CD
06-07-2006, 04:17 AM
hi bonnieanne, i do live alone. i do have a dresser just for my under garments and foldable tops and shorts. i have my closet half femme, half male. i do have the freedom to dress anytime i wish. but i still have to be careful , because i have friends stop by that do not know that i dress enfemme. i still get a little scared of being caught. i am getting to the point that i do not care what folks think. so if they do find out , i will face them with the truth. thanks for the post. live true, and love yourself,
xoxoxo anettia

oztallulah
06-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Yes, and it has happened. I have been on my own for 5 and bit years now, and until recently no one in my life. Actually, to be honest, I enjoy it. I had a His'n'Hers wardrobe, chest or drawers, shoe rack, and one bathroom with his toiletries and one with her toiletries. It would have been disater arriving at work with lipstick on instead of aftershave.:eek: One does need to be aware of becoming hooked on the solitude though. Fortunately I am a gregarious soul and work with lots of people all day. But, I have also had my moments of wanting someone to talk to as well. We do what we have to to survive, and stay sane.

jenni_xx
06-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi BonnieAnne

I used to be single and living alone, and yes, my wardrobe was totally out in the open so to speak. The satisfaction in being able to get home, shut my door, and dress to my hearts content was indeed huge, but it was also tinged with frustration. A frustration of wanting to share my crossdressing with someone but not having anyone close enough in my life to be able to do so.

I moved into my current flat around 18 months ago, and met a girl over 15 months ago whom I am still dating. I told her about my crossdressing a couple of months ago now. So what is truly mind-boggling to me is the fact that I can now be totally open and share my dressing with someone who I love with all my heart. My wardrobe is just as out in the open as it was when I lived alone. We don't actually live together, but we do spend virtually all of our time together. I wouldn't change this for the world.

Joy Carter
06-07-2006, 04:44 AM
My want is to dress at home when I please my need however is to be with my SO for ever when the two will meet is anybody's guess.

Vicky_Scotland
06-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Well sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I am married to a wonderful woman who accepts me for who I am.

So because of this I have my own wardrobe for all my outfits and a dresser for all my lingerie, hoisery etc.

Maybe I am just lucky............I know I am lucky.:GE:

annekathleen
06-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I've done both.
Lived with two different wives for a combined twenty plus years.
Still managed to have my "dressing" times and opportunities, but I relied on their clothing.
Since the last divorce, I've been living alone for about six to seven years, so I obviously have more time and opportunities to endulge myself. I have alot of female clothing in several vinyl totes, in a few of my dresser drawers and a spare closet filled with womens clothing.
Still, I'd prefer to live with someone, even if it means cutting down on my "dressing"

Tracy_Victoria
06-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Has anyone thought about how it would be if you lived alone. Have you daydreamed about having your own closet, dresser with everything you desired?
Not having to hide anything you bought? Realizing your wildest dreams w/o any shame or guilt? I have and its mind boggeling. Anyone have any opinions?

Love; BonnieAnne

I did it for years, it not the dream ticket or bundle of fun you think it will be. I take the love of a good woman over lonelyness any day. even if she does not understand or accept crossdressing.

TGMarla
06-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Sure I've thought about it. Fantasies run amok, don't they? And I've also daydreamed about winning the lottery, being a real woman, driving incredible sports cars, and never working again.

Lawren
06-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Until about six months ago I did live alone. In my case, however, I told my SO about my CDing in advance so nothing has really changed for me.

DeniseNY
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
For about two years - between 1994 when I first started going out until 1996 when I met my fiancee, I had my own studio apartment with a private entrance all to myself. I had a bus ride and a short hop on the subway, and I was in Manhattan. I took full advantage and had a fantastic time. I wore whatever I wanted, in or out of doors, and passed pretty well. It was great - except for the loneliness.

Two years later, I met my fiancee. It was a pleasure being with her, and I enjoyed much of our time together... but she was very strongly opposed to my dressing, and I had to put it on hold...

Both times had their plusses and minuses. Basically any decision you make contains plusses and minuses. Having done both, I have to say the love of a woman trumps the thrill of CDing if you have to make a choice because you can't have both. If you can have both (which some of us girls do), that's the best.

Karren H
06-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Yes I have thought of that and it would be nice to have a more accessable place to store Karren's clothes!! And there are pros and cons to both lifestyles (single vs married not dressed vs drab, silly!!) Hehe.

But for me, I couldn't be happier married and with children. I think it adds sooo much more to your life, in my opinion.

Love Karren

Sharon
06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
After years of marriage, followed by years of being alone following her death -- and although it is much simpler being who I truly am now -- I would give up anything if she was back in my life again, no matter how complicated things would be from time to time.

Be careful what you wish for.

ava_bruna
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes it does but like alot of other's we and we alone decide who we want to share it with, my wife as ive stated before say's, " I dont care" but as I sit there in the morning in my bra and no pantie's I feel she does, but guess that's something I alone has to deal with.
Ive had the very same desire as most, wondering what/ how it would be like after sooooo many yr's , being alone doing as ( I ) please,I do now just about and it's nice retelling my wife ALL about my EXCITING life from day one to now,
To live alone and have who I want either overnight or a weekend sound's so nice, but is it? could this lifestyle take the place of a loving wife who has stood by me all these 49yr's? could I dump her now that she need's me in her time of trouble? NO NO NOOoooo, I find my answer is, doing/being what I want as long as it dont cause a fight, she let's me go to my bf if I feel like it and even tell's me to when I get very excited so how can I leave on who is sooooo careing and let's me do as I please? WONDERING??????? :o

Siobhan Marie
06-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I do live alone and wouldn't have it any other way. In my wardrobe are Anna's things and my things and Anna's heels and my shoes. Heaven! :)

:hugs: Anna x

Helen MC
06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Tried both, prefer single. When married the ex-wife and I shared panties and she tolerated me wearing a skirt sometimes in the house, but in all I am happier on my own.

Rikkicn
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
I divorced my wife 5 years ago and moved to San Francisco into a small furnished studio apt.
The first thing I did was hang all my femme clothes in the closet and kept all my male clothes in boxes. The first several days I slept with the closet door open so that I could see all my clothes, nighties etc. I was hard to beleive that I was liberated at last and my sexy clothing was no longer in plastic bags stuffed into a dirty corner of the basement.
Next I decorated a bit. I bought a pink puffy back scrubber for the shower and shamoos and lotions in prerry containers. Flowers on the night stand next to the bottle of lube.
It was heaven!!! to be able to wear what I wanted, when I wanted and to self pleasure when I wanted.
I got out my little notebook computer and got on Craigslists list and started trying to meet people for regular dates and for sex play dates.
I had the most fun you could imagine dressing up and playing with all kinds of wonderful and sexy people. It was a great 6 months of fun, introspection, sexual experimentation and did I say fun. I never knew that sex could be so good!!! I played with other cross dressers, women that liked cross dressers and even had a threesome with one of each. All that's behind me now.
Along the way I met my sweetie and we've been together for 4 years now.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Rikki

MsJanessa
06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Actually I've dreamed about being Queen of the Universe with thousands of pretty t-girls and muscular male slaves at My beck and call---go figure---It hasn't happend yet.

avawho
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Have we not all wondered what it would be like to win a lottery, not have a job, not deal with pressures of raising children, paying the bills and dealing with less than sympathetic spouses? Live 24/ 7 as we want to and not worry about anything but us? Well, the reality is that for most of us, we can't imagine a life without all of the above as it would most certainly be boring...
yes it may possibly more fun, but the alternative is such a great challenge...

Cheers
Ava

older not wiser
06-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi guys, I want to say thank you to you all for all your input. We all have our opinions and I value each one of them. THANK YOU ALL

Love; Bonnieanne:GE:

Jodi
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I was married for 33 years to an unaccepting wife. She left 6 years ago. I've lived alone since then. I love it. I have my own home and my own space. I do what I want to when I want to do it. I don't think I could ever go back to sharing my space with anyone. Over the past 6 years, I have had several relationships. With each one, the lovely lady would begin to hint--"When am I going to move in?" The answer is always--not, never, nada, etc. It seems that the relationship would just fizzle after that. It's always nice to find out what a women really wants.:)

Jodi

Connieminiskirts
06-11-2006, 01:14 AM
after I lost my wife, I lived alone, did the split closet thing, had a dresser, the whole thing, makeup in the bathroom, and all.
Dressed when i wanted, (still do), And then came the fatefull day my dear adopted bratty daughter came to the house, I was on the road, she dropped off my mail, went in and used my potty, saw my lingerie on the bed, and I got a phone call. When I got back home I went and I told her about me and she got all stupid and told me to leave and never come back to her house again. But it blew over after about 5 or 6 hours and she called me and said come back and talk, I did, we did and its all history..

But its a lot more enjoyable having my wife around to share life with and she shared everything I do. Such a wonderful lady to love, be loved by and to spend life with.

Khriss
06-11-2006, 01:50 AM
... hope .. is never futile ?

caffine
06-11-2006, 02:09 AM
i was married 4 15yrs and never told her about.she found a nitie i had hid and bounced of the wall.that was 3 yrs ago.now she wants 2 make up and explaned that things have changed.ethere except it or be gone.

Eleanor
06-11-2006, 02:17 AM
I just get off being like this!sometimes its fun but its never easy!being a cd is very hard added onto everyones already tough lives.we must be very strong people.

ReginaK
06-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Being alone is underrated these days. Society puts so much pressure on people to pair up. Anyone who doesn't do it is looked at as if something were wrong with them.

Being alone grants you the most freedom and the fewest headaches, no matter how good of a relationship you're in.

Deborah
06-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Being alone is underrated these days. Society puts so much pressure on people to pair up. Anyone who doesn't do it is looked at as if something were wrong with them.

Being alone grants you the most freedom and the fewest headaches, no matter how good of a relationship you're in.

Yes and living alone is awefully lonely sometimes too. :(

Emily1
06-11-2006, 03:33 AM
:p some people just find it impossible to live alone - they really need someone to be with and share lifes ups and downs . Personally I dont share anything - it's all mine haha and I never get lonely either . I just love it

Katiegirl
06-11-2006, 03:34 AM
I have been married twice and they both have ended in disaster, only my first was due to my crossdressing. I then spend 10 years looking after my parents in their final years so it was not until 2 years ago I finally got my own place.

I now find I'm dressed at home nearly all the time and I'm much more relaxed, especially as my 2 marriages were filled with conflict. That is the plus side of being alone, the down side it can be very lonely and if you have a problem or feeling depressed there is no one to share them with.

I have partially solved this problem by joining a singles group where I have many friends of both sexes, however I thought it best to not mention my crossdressing, as I think it could cause me problems. I will not deny it if the subject ever comes up.

As with all things some people enjoy the solitary life but other's can't cope, so they question you have to ask yourself is :- do I like my own company for years to come? This is not such an easy question as it looks.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
06-11-2006, 09:57 AM
No. I hated being single. I told my wife pretty well as soon as we started chatting online that I wear women's clothes. She accepts it and says she'd be OK to go outside with me dressed. I feel it might impact in various undesirable ways if I did go out dressed though. For one thing we have problem redneck neighbours across the street. For another she runs her own business and in the bible belt, goodness knows how many customers she'd lose if they knew.

julie w
06-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I was married for 20yrs I have lived alone for 5yrs and love it ,half my
closet is julies ,my gf thats knows that I dress but wont see me dressed is
a neighbor so I guess I get the best of both worlds .

Scotty
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I have to wonder why you are asking though.

If you were happily married you would not be asking this question.....?

I live alone, was married once, had a g/f living with me who knew about me but while we're still friends I just prefer to live alone.

But I'd trade it all for a good woman, and I am one finicky person - a GREAT woman.

Tiffany Anne 9954
06-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I've allways been single and I live alone enjoying every minute of it.
Sometimes I do wish i had a gg partner but it doesn't bother me that much as I have my hobby to keep me happy.
Of all the stories I've read since I became a member here it make me glad i'am a single person who enjoys the femme side of him.

Victoria-Marie
06-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Not having to hide anything you bought? Realizing your wildest dreams w/o any shame or guilt?

For a year I have lived alone, children being grown up (I have been separated from my wife for more than 15 years). I have my own closets and I am able to buy whatever I want.

However, my wildest dream is to find a GG girlfriend that would totally accept me, so I am looking for her right now.

GabrielleS
06-11-2006, 01:08 PM

Love; BonnieAnne

Hi BonnieAnn,

I do all the time....but I have no shame or guilt about what I'm doing, it's me and I accept me as I am....and I realize my dreams when I can :happy:

:hugs: and kisses,

Debbie

Sally24
06-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I have recently moved one of my children out of a spare room (they have their own apartment now). That gives me a den that I have outfitted as a dressing room. Two closets, 6 drawers, and lots of mirrors! It has made it much easier to get dressed and to keep things sorted out. I still have to keep things hidden from the child that still lives at home, but that's not hard. Just the fact that the shoes are all hung on the side of the closet instead of in a pile of boxes is so great. I can put on 2 or 3 outfits, pose in the mirrors, take some pictures, and put everything away in less than 2 hours.

I would reccomend to anyone that can to set aside a room, however small, for all their things.

Bernice
06-11-2006, 10:26 PM
My closet is already 98% skirts and dresses. But last week we celebrated our thirtieth anniversary.

I think Sharon and Connie have the best advice.

Sure, I've let myself wonder what changes I would make if my SO either died or left. But I've also had some medical problems where it is mighty comforting to have someone who really loves you living right there with you. I also have an advance health care directive. If I lived alone, who would order the plug pulled if I had a major stroke? Only a loving spouse can do soemthing like that for you. I'm in no hurry to die, but I couldn't live that way. So, I am very careful what I wish for.

elizabeth nicole
06-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Being single stinks,have been for fourteen years.My dressing had nothing to do with my divorces,and yes they both knew.now i have a very sweet and loving GF and she accepts my dressing since she has a brother that is TS.i am never lonely even though we do not live together since we both own our homes.i have the ultimate friends the grand kids.i

Kristen Kelly
06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
No matter which way you look at it, the grass is greener on the other side, so be happy with the hand you are dealt and do the best with what you have, as long as you have your health and happiness, you have the best things in life.

Clara Kent
06-12-2006, 12:24 AM
The grass is always greener... I live alone and have days I just want to be a girl. Just as I'm getting into the swing of things someone drops in un-announced! I would dearly love to have a partner and hence the reason I lock my collection up. This site lets me be free, but in the real world its a different story.:thumbsup: