PDA

View Full Version : hypermale

Christine Kelly
06-07-2006, 10:18 AM
does anyone here think that we feel like girls because we live in a hyper masculine society?

Sky
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
No, not really. "Hyper masculine society"? Because of the Miller "Men's Law" ads? C'mon... there still are misadjustments, but that hyper masculine society died a long time ago.

connie rotten
06-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I felt girlie long before I was aware of social concepts .
When I was 8 years old or maybe even younger my parents would say things to me such as: "if you want to know if you are a boy or a girl look between your legs, it was a close margin but you were born to us a son." So even as a child I displaied some sort of obvious gender confusion .
At least in my case it is all me and not society.0.02

Christine Kelly
06-07-2006, 11:36 AM
i agree with you, connie. i felt that way too when i was young. but why did i always feel that i needed to hide that? why could i not express my self as a 'femme' male? why do we feel that we have to be 'girls' in order to express how we feel?

Sonia_cd
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Christine,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "hyper masculine society". May I request you to explain so I can understand it better, and then comment?

Thanks,
Sonia

Karren H
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, since my feelings started back in the 1950's (thanks for makeing me feel old BTW. Hehe) when women dressed prettier ans society was different, I don't think so! In my opinion I don't think that society has forced this on us. More likely its more personal and closer to home and family that got us started! At least it was for me.

Good thread!!

Love Karren

Christine Kelly
06-07-2006, 01:26 PM
thank you for your request, sonia.

a society that places more emphasis on the value of the masculine element as oppossed to the feminine element. even masculine behavior in women is valued. this is what i refer to as hyper male

this is a theory i am exploring.

Sonia_cd
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
a society that places more emphasis on the value of the masculine element as oppossed to the feminine element. even masculine behavior in women is valued. this is what i refer to as hyper male

this is a theory i am exploring.

So if I understand you correctly, you are exploring whether we (crossdressers, hetero) dress because it is our way of rejecting a traditionally hyper male society? And, it is our way of attempting to find a unique expression of personality for ourselves? And last, a prayer that the balance will eventually tilt in favour of the women who behave like women in the sense that we understand it?

I hope you don't mind my asking these questions? It is a great topic and am trying to fully comprehend and expand the thought.

Cheers!
Sonia

Christine Kelly
06-07-2006, 01:50 PM
So if I understand you correctly, you are exploring whether we (crossdressers, hetero) dress because it is our way of rejecting a traditionally hyper male society? And, it is our way of attempting to find a unique expression of personality for ourselves? And last, a prayer that the balance will eventually tilt in favour of the women who behave like women in the sense that we understand it?

I hope you don't mind my asking these questions? It is a great topic and am trying to fully comprehend and expand the thought.

i agree with what you have stated, but i would not want to place any feminine or masculine gender role on anyone, including women. masculine has its power and grace, but no less than feminine power. it is a balance of power and worth that i am exploring.

Kate Simmons
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Don't think so. It's really a woman's world, doncha know? We are proof of that. Sure, the men may have the "power" but women (and us) really pull the "strings". Ericka

bredalee25
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Not at all. I just dress the way I feel and I feel like a woman so I dress like one.

Hey welcome back karren.

ttfn