PDA

View Full Version : Removing hair from face

janedoe311
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Is there a way to remove hair from the face without shaving that actually works especially if one does not have much to being with? I do not have the money for lasers or electrolysis, so that is out. Tried one that said it hinders hair growth that turned out to be a fraud and for some people it caused burns! Have sensitive skin especially in my face and at a loss on what to do besides shaving which is hate.

I would like something that hinders growth so I do not have to shave so ofter, I do not expect a permanent hair removal.

KerriAnn
06-07-2006, 03:03 PM
If you don't have that many to begin with. In other words just a sparse growth around the lips and chin. You could always invest in a good pair of tweezers and tug them out. They will grow back but it will take a good few weeks before they do. If you are really lucky, depending on how much you pluck them they may even reduce in thickness or stop growing back altogether.

Word of warning: some of them especially around the nose and lips will really test your pain threshold.

trannie T
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
"Magic Shave" it's marketed to the African-American community, they have problems with ingrown whiskers. I don't know how it is on sensitive skin.

Karren H
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
If you don't have that many to begin with. In other words just a sparse growth around the lips and chin. You could always invest in a good pair of tweezers and tug them out. They will grow back but it will take a good few weeks before they do. If you are really lucky, depending on how much you pluck them they may even reduce in thickness or stop growing back altogether.

Word of warning: some of them especially around the nose and lips will really test your pain threshold.

I have tried the beard plucking and beware of ingrown hairs and scarring!!! You can really make a mess of you face if you don't watch it. Plus you may be successful in pulling out hairs and not having them come back but this ofter stimulates other hair to start growing nearby. Laser and electrolysis are the only sure fire methods.

Love Karren

GabrielleS
06-08-2006, 11:01 PM
What of using an epilator? Similiar to an electric shaver but the heads are tweezers. Can anyone speak to using it as I haven't (at least not yet - just order one) ?

genevieve
06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I tried nair for the face as i too have little facial hair and ended up being embarrasingly sore and couldnt shave for days, be very careful with hair removal if you have sensitive skin as i have, will stick to shaving and using a foundation that is brushed on

lynda jane hamilton
06-09-2006, 12:16 AM
At the salon two days ago I talked about this with the beautician. At her suggestion she said that a lot of men are going in for EPI treatment a little like laser but no where near as invasive I think it uses sound rather than light. She said it will give 70 to 100% results after 8 treatments - the cost is not cheap but lok what you would save on razor blades over the years. She said to seriously consider it.

Any body tried this?

Lyndax

Billijo49504
06-09-2006, 12:47 AM
How expensive is laser treatments?

Kayla Smith
06-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Billijo,

I have been doing laser treatments since Feburary and my last treatment will be at the end of June. I paid upfront $950(package deal) and I think even though is was pricy, it was well worth the money that I paid for the laser treatments.

Hope this answers your question.

Hugs

discovery
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I have had about 90% facial hiar remove by laser treament in the last 6 months with four sessions costing $200 each. A little cleanup is still in process but it is absolutely worth it. Very little shaving no bumps, nicks, cuts. ITS GREAT. Highly recommend it if you can afford the fee. Fees are pay as you go so you could take as long as you need to gather funds and get the treatments.
BTW I am african american so I also eliminated the curled hair causing bumps, hair infections, scars, embarrassment and overal dissatisfaction with my appearance. IT LOOKS GREAT.

Sophia Rearen
06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Yes, removing hair from my face. I hate when that happens. It tickles so. It's usually my wifes, my kids, or my dogs hair, since I have none. As Sophia, I just casually use my nails to pull it aside being careful not to ruin my makeup.
Oh wait, never mind, you were talking about a beard, sorry can't help.:heehee:

joinindy
06-11-2006, 05:45 AM
I have used an epilator on my face for years and for me it has worked great. I'll get in ingrown hair now and then but not bad. My facial hair has always been light, with a heavy beard it might be a different story.

janedoe311
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I have used an epilator on my face for years and for me it has worked great. I'll get in ingrown hair now and then but not bad. My facial hair has always been light, with a heavy beard it might be a different story.

That is one of those Torture devices that pulls out hair! No thanks not into pain.