PDA

View Full Version : In a quandry

Adrienne Heels
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a salon appointment tomorrow afternoon to get my makeup done. Then I plan to go to the mall and the consignment shop en femme. It's probably the last time I will be able to go out dressed until September as the kids will be out of school, but for some reason I have very little enthusiasm about going out dressed. This ever happen to you girls?

Karren H
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Yep!! Many times. Last winter I was on a business trip to Virginia. And drove down enfemme and spent most of my non-working hours enfemme but on the trip home, after working at the mine all day, I just didn't feel like it! Emily Ann said I should stop at the nearest hospital for an examination because I was obviously sick. LOL. But it just seemed like more hastle than it was worth!!

Love Karren

Rebecca Petersen
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Me too. There have been a few times where I just didn't feel like it. Let's see, once in the 70's, twice in the 80's and once again in the 90's. So far I haven't had the urge not to dress this century, but then again we are only in to it 6 years.:happy:
Rebecca

Adrienne Heels
06-07-2006, 08:28 PM
It's funny...I stopped at the mall in drab on Monday afternoon and had no enthusiasm for shopping, even though I saw a pretty green top at the Limited I wanted to buy. I didn't even walk in the store and I love to browse there. But I feel like if I don't go out when I can, I will really regret it later when I can't dress.

Katrina
06-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I go through phases when I don't feel like being girly. I have even gone to the mall recently and had no desire to shop for anything. It usually follows my mood. If I'm not feeling good about myself, I have less urge to dress/shop.

lisa92268
06-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Once in a while, I go through the same mood swings. And yes, I do sometimes regret it. But, i always look forward to the next time i will dress!

Connieminiskirts
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
heck yes. But then sometimes i dont even feel like going to work! Been doing the same thing for almost 28yrs but I am good at it.

Its like dressing, Sometimes my interest fades, and I put things away, but then once again I will just put on a skirt for comfort around the house and WHAM!! It starts and I gotta, just cant stop it..........

EricaCD
06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
All the time, and especially in the circumstances you are currently in: I feel like I need to dress, not because the urge has particularly overtaken me but because I have a great opportunity and I know it will be a while before I have another chance.

Don't force it - it's never enjoyable if you are not really in the mood. If you miss out on a great opportunity so be it. You'll get another chance, probably sooner than you know!

Erica

Cherry Lynn
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Even GG's have moods where they do not want to shop. I guess it is a female thing. My wife hates that phrase when I use it.

Adrienne Heels
06-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the support, ladies!! I have my outfit packed in the car, and I'll make my decision in the morning, but I think I will cancel my appointment for tomorrow...hopefully I will feel more girly another day!! It is raining like crazy here in New England...maybe the weather is what is doing this to me

trannie T
06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Monday I had to motivate myself to go to a group meeting. I was tired and not feeling my best. I went and in spite of myself had a real good time.

Kate Simmons
06-08-2006, 06:30 AM
It's just not a big thrill for me any more. If I go shopping, it's easier for me to go DRAB as there is no prep time involved. I reserve the prep time for when I go out to socialize with my friends or going to dinner or whatever. Maybe it's because I'm at the balance point but either way is not a big deal for me. Ericka

Rhonda Jean
06-08-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm in one of those funks right now, and have been for several MONTHS!. I do kind of force myself on occasion, but even then I am just on the fem side of androgenous. For instance, I had my hair done yesterday. I wore women's flip flops, white polish on my toes (matching my fingernails), women's flare jeans, only shaved what would show below my jeans, woman's white top, earrings, makeup (but didn't do beard cover). Had my hair trimmed, flat-ironed and flipped under. Really, the only reason I was fem at all was that my hairdresser has never seen me in completely male mode. As far as she knows, that's how I dress all the time. No need in blowing that. Besides, I've always been afraid that if I had my hair cut while in male mode I'd probably get a "male" haircut. If I'm at least partially fem it save a lot of explanation. They automatically know I want a girlie hairstyle without me having to try to expalin.

Adrienne Heels
06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Well, I decided to keep my appointment and go out shopping dressed. I am beginning to feel a bit more femme and hope that will continue throughout the afternoon.

SherriePall
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Karyn -- It could very well be the weather. Sometimes it just gets you down when it's dark, damp, and dreary outside. But sometimes we must push on and keep going. If you do go out, I hope you have a great time and enjoy the day.

Eugenie
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Sometimes, I have absolutely no drive to dress "en femme". Even when all the circumstances would let me do it at will.

On the contrary, I also have terrible urges to dress and unfortunately at times when it is not possible, or at leats it would cause lots of trouble around...

There must be hormonal cycles as well as psychological triggers that makes us really hot about x-dressing at times and not at all some other moments.:o

That's the complexity of our nature...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Adrienne Heels
06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I kept my appointment...had my makeup and hair done, went to the mall (tried on a lot of shoes!) , consignment shop and accessory store. Had a great time. I think one woman made me in the mall...she had a smirk on her face when she looked at me. But I just kept on walking and minding my own business with a smile on my face. And I got to sit in the salon just like a GG too and chat with the stylists. All in all, a fun day and I am glad I did it. And now probably no dressing until September. Boo!!

Karyn

Sally24
06-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with many of the other girls, you generaly can't force things. When I'm not in the mood, I just don't do anything. I didn't get any enjoyment out of it the few times I did try to force it.

Wendi {LI NY}
06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I never feel like not dressing ,but I do sometimes dress down if you can understand that ? I dress in femme jeans , polo shirt bra ,and sneakers . with my hair up and maybe a little make-up to pass .:D