PDA

View Full Version : Taking care of your clothes

Louise Marie
06-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi I love all the girly stuff especially soft feminine blouses and nice swirly skirts etc but am not so hot at taking care of them.
In particular I wonder if any you girls could help me with the best way to iron a pleated skirt and a full skirt.

I pretty much Ok with the temperatures etc and make a passable job but it seems to take hours and i go over the same place dozens of times and miss others there must be an easier way

Well while I am it what about blouses with big sleeves and ruffles etc

It's the price i pay for being Louise

Ta

Sarah Rabbit
06-08-2006, 03:44 AM
The curses I heard from various GG's i n my life is the reason I keep away from such troublesome but otherwise beautiful clothing

Sarah R. :Bunny:

Sharon
06-08-2006, 05:55 AM
This is a site (there are others also) that provides a lot of useful clothing care and maintenance information:

http://www.clothingdoctor.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

carol ann
06-08-2006, 06:04 PM
There is another factor -

many of us in the closet do not have the place or room to hang clothes in wardrobes or to fold them neatly into drawers after ironing.

They have to be crammed into a bag or bags and crammed away. then on dressing up days theynhave to be taken out and pressed all over again.

Its a hard life!

Jodi
06-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Louise, It is practice, practice, practice. How adept are you at pressing your male shirts and pants? If you know how to press a shirt or pants, you can learn to press a pleated skirt or a ruffled blouse. Pleated skirts are not easy to press, even for an expert. I consider myself very good with an iron, but I have a floor length pleated skirt that takes me about 45 minutes to press properly. It just takes a lot of practice. Also, when in doubt about the temp setting on the iron, set it cooler.

Jodi

Louise Marie
06-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Thanks all for your replies especially the advice re the clothes doctor site.
Thanks to Jodi ( I am ok with my male stuff and a lot of my alternative stuff)it's just the complicated or really fancy ones i struggle with and of course they are always your favourites aren't they.

thanks see you all again soon :hugs:

Sissy_in_pink
06-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Just take them to the drycleaners and ask them to press them.

Lorna
06-09-2006, 06:50 AM
There is another factor -

many of us in the closet do not have the place or room to hang clothes in wardrobes or to fold them neatly into drawers after ironing.

They have to be crammed into a bag or bags and crammed away. then on dressing up days theynhave to be taken out and pressed all over again.

Its a hard life!

Unfortunately, for some of us, it's worse than that. With seldom more than an hour or so of "safe" time, the hastily stowed clothes have to be taken out of their bags, worn and put back again without any care and attention. Not ideal but a fact of life for me and, I suspect, quite a lot of others. Just occasionally, when a longer period of dressing time presents itself, I dress (probably only partially) and then use the time to wash, iron, repair, etc. some of my small collection.

Karren H
06-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi I love all the girly stuff especially soft feminine blouses and nice swirly skirts etc but am not so hot at taking care of them.
In particular I wonder if any you girls could help me with the best way to iron a pleated skirt and a full skirt.

I pretty much Ok with the temperatures etc and make a passable job but it seems to take hours and i go over the same place dozens of times and miss others there must be an easier way

Well while I am it what about blouses with big sleeves and ruffles etc

It's the price i pay for being Louise

Ta

I buy fem clothing that doesnt wrikle much so i don't have to spend much time ironing.. And for my just-in-time crossdressing style it's a big plus!!!

Love Karren