PDA

View Full Version : Who Reads Women's Magazines?

Clare
06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
When shopping today, I stopped to look at the selection of girly magazines as I thought about purchasing one of them. Big range to choose from - Marie Claire, Cleo, Cosmopolitan, etc..

Although the content seems similar in each magazine, there are subtle differences - some are about clothes mainly, others about relationships, and so on. I haven't made up my mind which one to buy yet - in fact I might have purchase several before I know which one is 'right'.

Does anybody read a particular women's magazine and what's in it that interests you?

Lisa Golightly
06-08-2006, 04:20 AM
In Style and Glamour (UK). They always seem to find some really nice clothes. I buy them for ideas... and to see what new products are out.

Lotte L
06-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Dear Clare,

Love to read the glossy magazine's.

Lotte

danielle1973
06-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi Clare,

I'm in Australia and i really like a mag called Shop Till You Drop. Great makeup tips and clothes stiles as well as the latest beauty products. I also like Cosmo, Cleo and the various Hair and Beauty mags out there.

Cheers

Danni

Darlene Rochelle
06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
It's ALL i read. I subscribe to six magazines,Cosmopolitan,Marie Claire,Glamour,Allure,Self,and Elle. I alo purchase Complete Woman and even PLAYGIRL on occasion:blushing:

Julia Cross
06-08-2006, 08:43 AM
I really like InStyle magazine. It has a lot of fashion tips as well as cosmetic and accessory tips/trial comaprisons and price comparisons. Each issue usally features a celeberties career as seen through there fashion over the years. There are lots of great fashion spreads and suggestions. And myself, I am a graphic designer and I find the layout simply perfect. Clean, crisp, slightly different shape than the other mags - a little larger.

I have bought most of the other mags but always come back to InStyle.

Julia

GabrielleS
06-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Love Allure....great articles, fun beauty tips. All around fun. Just need to start a subscrption for my SO as a present ;-}

melinda1222
06-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Im a cosmo girl all the way I just love that magazine clothes makeup I just feel more femme reading it.

Karren H
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I read "In Style" and "Glamour" monthly. Plus my wifes Good Housekeeping, Redbook and some Womens Health magazines. Then there's my Victoris Secret cataloges. Hehe. Additionally I read Mining Engineering, Coal Age, Popular Science, Scientific American and a few Drag race magazines!!

Now that's complex. LOL

Love Karren

KerriAnn
06-08-2006, 01:33 PM
When I used to live with my parents, I would always borrow and read my sister's Marie Claire and Cosmo. I would still pick one up to read now if given the chance.

Miranda33
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I read First Magazine for women, Cosmo, And sometime Woman's World>>>

XX Miranda

anne71
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
As a lady of a certain age (!) I have to confess to reading Women's Weekly and Peoples' Friend, mainly because I have a chance with the Crosswords and the stories make good bedtime reading.

Crissy65
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I enjoy Cosmo but I hear Glamour is making strides to be the best womans magazine

Siobhan Marie
06-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Am going to read Cosmo and Glamour and see how I get on those. Am still going to read my guy magazines as well.

:hugs: Anna x

Helen MC
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Used to read my Mum's as a teenager , "Woman", Woman's Own" "Woman's Realm". I first learned that I was a Transvestite from the Problems Page in "Woman".

In my 20s and 30s I read "She". I don't bother with any now. Didn't like "Cosmo" too damned strident and bitchy.

sportschick
06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
bo-ring..or was i only supposed to reply if i did?..if so, sorry..but for me,the only thing worse would be shopping..just kill me! but, i'm glad the other responders like them, different strokes fer different folks

Kimberly
06-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I tend to pick one up occassionally.

I often think that many magazines just promote Male dominence though, and the need for women to be sexual beings, visually, all the time! :(

Deanna2
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I enjoy reading through women's mags and will sometimes buy one to read it more thoroughly.

michelleD
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Read womens magazines when ever they are available. The wife subscribes to Glamour, Flare, Chatelaine, and a few others.

Connie D50
06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
The funny thing is I read my daughters Cosmo more then my wife does. :happy: (she reads Time-newsweek).

Connie

ChestyXXX
06-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I read all of them. I find out the latest styles, do's and sont's, relationships with men from a female point of view, and even what men want women to know about them.

I consider myself a Cosmo Girl, and I "loved" looking at wedding gown magazines.

Felicia Fox
06-08-2006, 09:51 PM
hi gorgeous ladies,

i have been buying vogue since the 1980's and also penthouse from the 1980's

Sarah Rabbit
06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
I like Cleo the best but I feel it is aimed at the young womens market. Can not identify with Cosmo and The Australian Womens Weekly is just Too Old for Me. But like all mags. (Male or Female, they are stuffed full of adds) Looking through the Mags, How do these lasses afford to keep up with the fashion trends?

Sarah R. :bunny:

GabrielleS
06-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Love read whatever I can get my hands on....just got a copy of Allure (which nobody mentions above :-{ ). Am hoping to "treat" my SO to a subscription or two....then I would have something also....and I also love to go though the catalogs....lots of great things.

trannie T
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I occasionally enjoy Glamor or Cosmo. Both have entertaining and erotic articles.

MistyCD
06-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I just look at the pictures

Kate Simmons
06-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Not me. That stuff is for "sissies" (well, duh!). I'd rather read macho guy books like "Guns and Ammo" or "Field and Stream". Just kidding Clare, I read "Marie Claire", "Cosmo", "Redbook", etc. I used to read "Boy's Life" as a Boy Scout, could never figure out why there wasn't a "Girl's Life" though. Would be kind of handy knowing what to do with a broken nail when you are camping. Ericka

Bernadina
06-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I like the "purse size" British Glamour magazine.

sharon2
06-12-2006, 01:10 AM
in australia the main womens magazines are womans day and new idea,both
which i enjoy reading for the latest fashions.also to see the lovely dresses
that the celebretaries are wearing.