PDA

View Full Version : First time wig

Jenna Lynn
06-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi,

I have been crossdressing for some time now and I am looking to buy my first wig. I was wondering where I could find a quality wig online at an affordable price? Also, I was wondering what kind of wig, human or synthetic, is better to have for style and upkeep? Thanks lol

Billijo49504
06-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome, and I would suggest going to a local wig store. If you call in advance, the ywill tell you if they are cd friendly.Most have a private area, for trying on wigs. Good luck and I hope this helps...BJ

Kate Simmons
06-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi Jenna, Most of my wigs are synthetic. I have quite a few of them , so don't have a lot of time for human hair wigs, styling , etc. Karren is the expert on that. Most of mine are just "fluff and go". Synthetics keep their style better but if you are looking to "play with" or style your hair, human hair is probably the way to go. As BJ said, it would be nice if you could go to a wig shop for the first one. Ordering through the mail or online is a hodge podge if you're not sure what you are looking for. Plus, a wig shop owner can help you match styles and colors to your face, etc. Most any style or color works for me but that's me as I've had a lot of experience in the last five years through trial and error. I know how to match my makeup to the colors, etc. Let us know how you make out. Take care, Ericka

Teresa Amina
06-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Synthetics keep their style better but if you are looking to "play with" or style your hair, human hair is probably the way to go.

My first wig was synthetic but I was so thrilled to finally have my long dark hair that I played with it too much. I pinned it up all sorts of ways and generally got over enthusiastic with it, now it's in pretty bad shape. My newer wig is human hair and recovers itself nicely each time I let it back down.

Karren H
06-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I get all my wigs at 3 online Ebay stores, U Look Marvelous, Hair Me Now, and Rocky Mountain Beautys. Great prices and good quality for synthetics and human hair. I'd start with a synthetic first since they are less maintenamce. Human hair is nice a ver realistic but requires a lot of care and feedint!! hehehe

Love Karren

Tracy_Victoria
06-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi

you might find this thread running in the beauty section also helps you as well.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=465893&posted=1#post465893

Tina Dixon
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
I have only one so far, and it's synthetic and got it at Janets Closet in Detroit, you can also by on line there also.

ChestyXXX
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I have had several synthetics. If I had more time and cash, I would go with human hair only.

The longest one I have ever owned(I think it is still made with synthetic fibers) was called "Cher", over 60 inches in length. It was hard to maintain it without not pulling hairs from the cap. It was very heavy. Now I know what Crystal Gayle feels like with her long, as in floor length, hair.