PDA

View Full Version : When Julie Met Marla

Julie York
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
When Julie Met Marla. (I know some of you have been wanting to know...so here it is.)

I'm writing this in notepad so I hope it doesn't go too wonky when I paste it into the forum.

So anyway....Not long ago the Famous Marla GG and Angel Darling visited the UK and as they were visiting York, well....I am on the toursit guide so they had to come and see me.

It was already decided that I would be allowed to sample the makeup skills of Marla and let her do her thing so I could see what I could look like if I knew what I was doing with makeup.

So we met up and Angel very kindly volunteered to go and get blind drunk on English beer in a local pub (I'm guessing....maybe he went to an educational art gallery:D ) whilst Marla could transform me at my place. I did meet with Angel briefly and looks like someone I could happily have a few beers with but as I am shy about CDing Angel very kindly left me to Marla's persuasive ways.

Now to meet someone you have chatted with on the net (lots) but never actually met is a strange experience anyway. And given the prospect of being made up ("Only if you want to..") I was just slightly terrified, but given that it was all supposed to be relaxed and a bit of fun I kept convincing myself that I wasn't having a heart attack.

Anyway, I met the amazing Marla and we did a bit of tourism and then came the moment of no return. "Would Julie come out to play? Oh go on go on. I don't bite....." etc.

So, suitably shaved and bathed I sat down in drab mode and let Marla go to work. Now the thing is, you know in your imagination how you 'think' it would be if everything were perfect.....You'd be all relaxed....the GG would be all fussing and completely at ease and it would be all such girly FUN! (DanaJ sits forward in her seat..yeah I can see you!!!!)

Well...Marla got her bit right. She was absolutely wonderful and thoroughly enjoying herself. But ...you know that sensation when you go over the top of the rise on a roller coaster and for a split second you are weightless and your brain goes....."Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!".....Well that was ME! Only it didn't last a split second.

Marla was fussing with me and dabbing this and that and smearing this and that (she had a makeup kit bigger than Chicago!) and explaining everything as she tried different colours and told me what she was doing. But I was having a sort of out of body experience. Here I was, after years of hiding this thing, never having anyone see "Julie" ever, sitting down next to a woman who was making up my face as pretty as can be....

"And this is concealer."

"uuh" (Gnaaaaaaaaaargh!)

"Which with your complexion needs to be....

(Gnaaaaaaaaargh!)

"....light brown which brings out the grey of your eyes...."

(Gnaaaaaaargh!)

"....dab it rather than smear it because...."

(Gnaaaaaaaargh)

In fact, now I look back on the ocassion I have absolutely NO IDEA what she said to me as I was too busy hyperventilating.

"...radioactive.....fills in the pores....Nazi Party between 1956 and 58.....blusher usually used...concrete mixer....with your complexion...."

(Gnaaaaaaaargh!)

Anyway eventually .....three days later....(I swear it took more than 12 hours anyway!!!)....she declared that it was all done and to go off and get changed. So I did.....I grabbed a suitable outfit and ran off and got changed as quickly as possible, given that I had lost the use of my fingers and had to keep reading a note I had written for myself which said....."Don't forget to Breath!" And I dressed as fast as I possibly could so that I wouldn't have to think too deeply about what I was wearing, what I was doing, and that there was a REAL LIVE woman in the next room who would see me all dressed up! (Gnaaaaaaaargh!)

Anyway, five minutes later I was all set and did the big "Tadaaaaaaah!" And Marla was just one big smile and said..."ooooh you look so sweeeeeet!" (works for me!).

And then we were all set to do a few photos for the archives when she says, "Oh I should have worn a skirt too! Oooh I KNOW WHAT!" and the cheeky mare starts rummaging in MY drawers pulling out skirts and tops. "Oh that would look nice! OOh and I want to wear your shoes!" This is while I am having a heart attack as I am dressed completely and absolutely enfemme.....(scary enough for the first time in front of someone else)..and secondly she is happily rummaging around in MY SECRET DRAWER THAT NO HUMAN MUST SEE" like she was my demented little sister. Anyway she finally found something she liked and skipped off to get changed whilst I gulped as much lager down me as possible and read my note to myself "Don't forget to BREATH!" and then she came back and we took lots of photos, most of which made one of us look ugly, several of which were blurred and lots of which were just very silly.

And then we got drunk. And then Marla got more drunk. I think we had a meal at some point but although my body was sitting all dressed fem with a tray on my knee delicately eating so not to smudge my lipstick...my soul was hovering somewhere around Mars in fright. But that might have been the vodka..it all got a little blurred.

Oh yeah.....and here's some photos.

Many thanks to Angel, Marla GG and the doctor who revived me.:thumbsup:

Janelle Young
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM
That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing that. I am so jealous.

urban gypsy
06-09-2006, 03:28 PM
You lucky lucky girl maybe next time they might visit the east coast.
I would love to meet this lovely, fantastic couple.
who are just so genuinely nice people.

Julie Avery
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Awesome!

Glad you had one of those delightful days that happen only several times in a life, after the wig fiasco that was so depressing. May there be many more. And cheers to MarlaGG & Angel.

This post made my day.

JennMW
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Figures ;)

Here I am less than 20 minutes away from Marla and Angels house, been trying to get together with them for months, but just can't make the schedules work and there you are hooking up with them from thousands of miles away!

Bravo! And your description! I loved it!

DanaJ
06-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I not only sat forward in my seat, I fell in the floor!!! All I can say is Julie and Marla (and especially Angel) well done all of you! I do have one question - where are the maid pix? :D

Melissa A.
06-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Julie,

Guess I made one of my rare appearances at the right time. I've been wondering how things went or if ya even went through with it....So cool, even though you don't remember any of it. Good thing ya got pics. Congrats, girl. Too bad life doesn't have a rewind button. Very cool of Marla, too.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Julie York
06-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I do have one question - where are the maid pix? :D

I wasn't THAT drunk!

:eek:

It was all done in the best possible taste.:D

And anyway Angel wouldn't let me have it.

Toyah
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Shame I did not get to meet my .com sister but it seems you had fun as always Marla looks great and you brushed up well too:thumbsup:

BlueKat
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I not only sat forward in my seat, I fell in the floor!!! All I can say is Julie and Marla (and especially Angel) well done all of you! I do have one question - where are the maid pix? :D
Good Lord YES...we MUST see the maid pix!
Julie looks HOTTTT! :tongueout

SherriePall
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Marla -- You did a marvelous job. Julie, you look great. Those pics of the two of you are priceless. Two beautiful looking ladies. Just wondering, Julie, did you keep Marla from taking your clothes? And, Angel, you are one lucky girl.

Kimberly
06-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Julie... the BEST post I have read on this sort of interaction since I began reading posts on this sort of interaction!

First time. I remember it will... and I remember the Gnaaaarrghh!

I catch myself occassionally with friends, when I'm dressed, and suddenly for a second think, "Oh my god!! They're seeing me as Kimberly!!" ... Panic over after a split second when I realise they know ;)

But for a split second, I'm back at the top of that rollercoaster.

Enjoy it, hunny. Have fun xx

EricaCD
06-09-2006, 05:45 PM
This is the sort of post that keeps us coming back. Thanks so much for sharing both a wonderful experience and a terrific retelling.

Marla, you must be a saint in human form. Angel, if Julie's chronology is even partly correct I can only assume you have the alcohol tolerance of an Australian rugby player - or a truly unappreciated capacity for educational art galleries!

Thanks again for a post that really lightened the day here!

Erica

Jennaie
06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
So thats your story huh? Ok, we believe you, but thats not I told everyone. :D
You two girls had a good time and both of you are lovely. :happy:

Sharon
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Note to self: must start chatting up Marla GG in case she ever comes to the East Coast.

Julie, you look wonderful and the story is hilarious! No, really! Marla, :clap: :thumbsup: , I'm sure Julie was a real test of your talents.:D

Nah, not really -- I've seen the brief glimpses of Julie that she has allowed us to see once a year or so, and she already looked pretty good to me. :happy:

Dragster
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Julie,
I'm not the slightest bit jealous of your session with Marla GG, I'm ENORMOUSLY jealous! What a story! Everyone's dream come true! But I can't believe that the Julie York of 3845 (and counting) posts has never been seen en-femme by another human being until Marla came calling! It was a perfect opportunity to get out of the door too. Did you? NO! You chicken! As though I've got room to talk!
Where was Angel too? You could have had three lovely ladies in your pictures, all wearing your clothes....and shoes!

I see you got Marla to post something again at last. She seems to have had a 2 month sabatical, and I really did appreciate her insightfull comments. She was also been very supportive to me in the past and I missed her (don't tell Angel). Let's hope she gets back on line again more often now.

You're one lucky b*tch,
Tony

PS I recognised your shoes on Marla from your avatar!

Holly
06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you two girls had a great time. Sober, you may have had even more memories :tongueout .

susandrea
06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
CUTE!!!! :thumbsup: :happy:

Tina Dixon
06-09-2006, 07:12 PM
(Gnaaaaaaaargh) LOL, my god what a great tale of people having a good time, loved it:thumbsup:

TGMarla
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm in a hurry couldn't read the entire post loved it you all rock, etc, etc, be back later with a better reply!

Wendy me
06-09-2006, 07:40 PM
wicked cool just way too neet from on line to real life glade it all came together loved the pixs.....

ChristineRenee
06-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Looks like you ladies had quite a time. You both look lovely...thanks for sharing your pics and your get together with us Julie.:happy:

Missy Anne's GG
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
What a great story! :thumbsup: I thoroughly enjoyed how you described your time together with Marla. Thanks!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Carlacd
06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
What a fantastic story. So happy that things worked out for all of you. Really liked the pics. Now i am jealous.

NatalieBliss
06-09-2006, 08:33 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: great stroy, great pics! thanks for sharing!

Mona
06-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Wow, you lived a story many of us would love too! Thank you for sharing and thank both of you for being so beautiful!
Hugs, Mona

Jenny Beth
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Awesome Julie and thanks for sharing. Now that wasn't so bad getting all dolled up with a GG was it??? A huge step forward I'd say. :dance:

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-10-2006, 12:32 AM
So we met up and Angel very kindly volunteered to go and get blind drunk on English beer in a local pub (I'm guessing....maybe he went to an educational art gallery:D )

Actually word has it that he had a few beers and became a raging football hooligan... :tongueout

Of course you realize Julie that now that you're on the tourist map all the CDs visiting York are going to look you up -- and some of them do have French maid's dresses.... :evil: We might even get you out of the door....

Seriously, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

Sarah Rabbit
06-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Ah. Julie and Marla. That was fantastic. I wish we all lived closer together so we could experience a Day like that!! Thank you for sharing the occasion:D :D

Sarah R. :bunny:

Paula Rae
06-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Best story I've read in the 1 year that I've been here. :heehee:

Ricki B

Julie York
06-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Thank you for your kind comments. Marla and Angel are still in the UK today and are busy and will be travelling home tomorrow so that is why they haven't contributed to the thread. When they get back home on Monday I'm sure you'll get another (and probably very amusing) perspective on the event.

:thumbsup:

Deidra Cowen
06-10-2006, 06:45 AM
A very cool story first of all, I love it when girls write up a nice article about an adventure. In the pictures both of ya look absolutely beautiful.

Its great you girls had fun. Angel and Marla really seem like a great couple and you were very lucky to get to meet them!

Tamara Croft
06-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Glad you all had a great time :)

TGMarla
06-10-2006, 07:54 AM
I finally had time to read the rest. Great stuff, Jules! I'm very glad you had such a good time....memories (a few at least!) that will last you forever. Kudos to you, Angel, and very well done all of you! Ain't it great when part of the family can get together?!

suanne
06-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Perfect! Great post, and thank you for sharing something so personal to you. I can only imagine how I would be in front of someone. But Marla seems to be a very cool lady and as you make it sound did her best to put you at ease. Well the pictures show us that you really had a great time. Just one question......what ever happened to Angel? Now there is another sweetie. I really appreciate Angel. I am sure she is just a sweet in person as she is here on the forum. You go girls!!!! :hugs:

Suanne

Olivia
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Now that's just so damned cool! Good for you Julie, and good for Marla and Angel too. What a delightful experience you all had. Julie, you girls look so nice in the pics too. I had a similar feeling the first time I met a cd friend. After a lifetime of being hidden, suddenly there you are with another human being-just doing it! I enjoyed your lovely post, and think that's it's just another great example of how special and meaningful this community of ours is! It truly transcends distance, time and cyberspace. Thanks so much for letting us have a peek into your life. Olivia

Sophia Rearen
06-10-2006, 10:09 AM
:jumping: NICE! I can't help but picture an oxygen tank and mask in this scene.

christine55
06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
You both look great
Hugs, Christine

VeronicaMoonlit
06-10-2006, 07:14 PM
So, suitably shaved and bathed I sat down in drab mode and let Marla go to work. Now the thing is, you know in your imagination how you 'think' it would be if everything were perfect.....You'd be all relaxed....the GG would be all fussing and completely at ease and it would be all such girly FUN! (DanaJ sits forward in her seat..yeah I can see you!!!!)

Well...Marla got her bit right. She was absolutely wonderful and thoroughly enjoying herself. But ...you know that sensation when you go over the top of the rise on a roller coaster and for a split second you are weightless and your brain goes....."".....Well that was ME! Only it didn't last a split second.

Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I can understand that. I've not had a makeover myself but I think my response would be quite similar. I would most certainly be nervous.

Marla was fussing with me and dabbing this and that and smearing this and that (she had a makeup kit bigger than Chicago!) and explaining everything as she tried different colours and told me what she was doing. But I was having a sort of out of body experience. Here I was, after years of hiding this thing, never having anyone see "Julie" ever, sitting down next to a woman who was making up my face as pretty as can be....

I'm just laughing so hard and empathizing.

In fact, now I look back on the ocassion I have absolutely NO IDEA what she said to me as I was too busy hyperventilating.

"...radioactive.....fills in the pores....Nazi Party between 1956 and 58.....blusher usually used...concrete mixer....with your complexion...."

(Gnaaaaaaaargh!)

:

What you needed was a tape recorder! Or video camera.

And by the way, you look very nice. :-)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Priscilla Ann
06-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Great story Julie. I can tell you had a blast.

Siobhan Marie
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
You both look great
Hugs, Christine

:iagree: with Christine, you both look fantastic.

:hugs: Anna x

KateW
06-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Fantastic story, and very entertaining! Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you had a great (but heart attack inducing) time!

swiss_susan
06-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Good for you Julie. Sounds like you haad fun and a great day.

Angel and Marla, you ladies are very sweet, so when your next in switzerland...:p

Susan