PDA

View Full Version : I queried, now will I do it?

Melissa A.
06-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Getting my ears pirced was easy compared to this...

I called the best known electrolysis place in my area and asked about getting my beard permanantly removed. The guy on the phone was great, real helpful and informative. It's quite expensive- $300. the first visit, $150. per after that for what will total about 10-11 sessions over the course of around a year. There's no way I can afford this now, but in the not too distant future I definitely will be able to afford it. This is something I have always wanted to and still really want to do. Not just so I can be in girl mode whenever and for as long as I want, but I hate having to shave every day and I'm never gonna grow a beard anyway, so why not? I guess it can hurt a little, too. But now that I made the inquiry, it feels like this is gonna happen someday. A completely smooth, hairless face that I can take care of and maintain just like a girl! How great would that be?!? And the need for less makeup, too!

I know it's alot of money, but has anyone else who's not a TS considered this?

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

SherriePall
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Have considered it. There's a beauty salon nearby that offers it. I believe $50 half hour. Got that off a brochure when I visited inquiring about pedicure. Haven't really gotten down to brass tacks though. I'm just getting tired of heavier make-up. It might save me money in the long run because of the cost of razor blades.

tvgirl4fun
06-09-2006, 07:36 PM
I'd check around. That seems rather high. I've been going for around two years and still have some time left to go. I've been going on average about once every three weeks for an hour at a time at $50.00 per session. I don't regret it at all. I have to go three days without shaving to see anything noticeable. And have actually gone over 24 hours in girl mode with no comments from anyone. Jaie

dancer1
06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
There is a cost to be close to GG as possible,on the 16th i have an apointment with my doctor.
I need real breast, i just don't feel compleat with out them.
So i wish you luck and hopefuly a wind fall that you may get the electrolasit done, for you are stuning.:hugs: Nadeen

JoanneThomas
06-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I feel like you do--that even though I have no intention of transitioning, I want to look as nice as I possibly can. That means laser beard removal for me. In fact, I was supposed to have my first session today but the technician had a family emergency. I had just a small sample the other day as a test and found out more of what it was like.

I am really looking forward to having much of the beard gone--I have some gray and those hairs will be problematic but it will be so much better I am sure.

Best of luck in your journey!

Joanne

Sally24
06-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I've just started with my electrolysis.(too much gray hair for laser) My place outside of Boston charges $55 for 1 hour. Right now I'm doing 1/2 hour to start. Just got my lower lip completely cleared, it's great! I'm doing the neck next. Then, when that's done I have to make the plunge into the very visible cheek and lip area. I think I will take it all away, but until I start work on the face, there's always the chance that I can back out and still grow a beard again if I want.

The pain can vary. Around the mouth is probably the worst. Feels like burning a little for the few seconds it takes. Take ibuprofen or something beforehand may help, a little...

My skin is pretty fair, so I'm really looking forward to having no beard. I think I can use minimal make-up during the day for an "average" girl look. And I won't miss going back to the hotel mid afternoon for my second shave of the day before going out for the evening.

I like to think like a TS in what I am trying to accomplish, without doing much in the way of permanent body modifications. Of course this is one of the exceptions. I have dieted my self a little slimmer and shaved everywhere. I'm now working on the voice and I've already got the walk down pretty well. Still don't know what to do with my arms and hands sometimes.

I know you're in New York but you might look around to see if their prices are in line with most other places. And this is one of those things that you can do a little at a time as money allows. I would reccomend starting as soon as you can, because it does take a year or two to get completely done.

Good luck!

Sally

paulaN
06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
I have thought about it many many times. but it is not one of my top prioritys. I do not get the chance to dress often enough and I can spend, I have to spend my money else were right now. still I would love to get rid of my facial hair.

Clare
06-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I called the best known electrolysis place in my area and asked about getting my beard permanantly removed ... This is something I have always wanted to and still really want to do. Not just so I can be in girl mode whenever and for as long as I want, but I hate having to shave every day and I'm never gonna grow a beard anyway, so why not? I guess it can hurt a little, too. But now that I made the inquiry, it feels like this is gonna happen someday. A completely smooth, hairless face that I can take care of and maintain just like a girl! How great would that be?!? And the need for less makeup, too!

I know it's alot of money, but has anyone else who's not a TS considered this?Oh yes, most definately! I have inquired about laser treatment, but my beard is mainly grey hairs and laser is ineffective, so i'll be doing electrolisis too within the next year.

I hope it all goes well for you - let me know the results as i'd be interested to hear about the quality outcome. I also agree with everything you said above too!

Kate Simmons
06-10-2006, 09:00 AM
It's up to you, Melissa but you are beautiful just the way you are now. Ericka

julie w
06-10-2006, 09:39 AM
please I dont wont to appear negative but I think its important to discuss all
the pros and conds ,If you are not planning to transition ,and still have to
work in the male world having no beard is very noticeable ,I know people
that have had there beards removed , and they look great femme but male
look odd

tvgirl4fun
06-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Julie, I have to disagree a little bit. I see lots of guys with very minimal facial hair naturally, and they don't look odd. I'm envious of them too.

and Sally, I would suggest working "all around" your face. Doing one area in particular would be very noticeable. But having it all go away gradually would hardly be noticed.

Jaie

Angie G
06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
It's up to you but you look good now.

DonnaT
06-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I called the best known electrolysis place in my area and asked about getting my beard permanantly removed. The guy on the phone was great, real helpful and informative. It's quite expensive- $300. the first visit, $150. per after that for what will total about 10-11 sessions over the course of around a year.
Not a bad price, actually.

However, hair removal, by laser or electrolosis requires time for the hair to grow in order to be efficient. This means that one should not make a next session until at least ten (10) weeks after the previous session. It is recommended by those that have had sessions to make them every 10-12weeks. Those who want to make money suggest otherwise.

So, if you can afford 5 sessions a year instead of 10, then go for it.

See http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=321073&highlight=weeks#post321073

tvgirl4fun
06-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Donna, I have to disagree. An electrologist doesn't work on "every" hair, every time. So you don't have to wait 10-12 weeks beteen appointments. For an example if you were going once a week: 1)Left upper lip area; 20 Right cheek; 3) Left neck; 4) Right chin; etc. 10-12 weeks will have passed by the time she gets back to working in the area she started with. Jaie

Karren H
06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm waiting for the home version, by RonCo!! Slices, dices and does julian fries!! Hehehe. Ohhh and hair removal too!! Or maybe buy an old checkout scanner, hop it up and modify the wave lenghts to take out hair!!! God I love technology!!

Love Karren

Sarah Rabbit
06-12-2006, 08:09 PM
But shop around,mention words like 'Wedding' and facial hair removal for a males or something else 'Niche' and money signs appear in peoples eyes

Sarah R. :bunny:

renee k
06-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

I've been going for electrolysis treatments for about four years now and my face and neck is almost completely clear. Just alittle regrowth here and there. It's well worth the money. In the past I went once a week for two hours, now its only once every two or three weeks for an hour to an hour and a half, mainly for maintenance and to keep my eyebrows shaped. As far as clearing technique, my electrologist worked all over my face and neck to bring the beard down evenly. Plus if she spent too much time in one area the skin would swell. So moving around is best for your skin. You'll find the most sensitive area to be the upper lip. And be sure to drink lots of water and take a pain reliever before going, those two things will help to reduced the pain and swelling. And by the way I've been paying $55.00 per hour for the the treatments.

Huggs Renee

Jenn2716
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I emailed some of the local salon's here and I asked for various prices. I can go to the regular salon and have electolysis on the beard for $50 per hour or I can have it done by a student at a beauty school for $10 an hour. The school's semester is finished for the summer and I can't really afford the full price right now. But I believe it is very likely that I will start some sort of permanent hair removal this fall. Oh, and I have no plans to transition fully.