PDA

View Full Version : Men In Skirts

Melanie R
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
If you want some fun visit the christianity.com web site and section "skirts" in the Ethics and Morality section. Since this thread was started by a woman yesterday there have been 160 responses and 1385 views - shows you how huge this site is. I noticed that the majority of respondents were positive about men in skirts - as long as they were not trying to dress and emulate women. They locked me out so I can't respond to any of the messages..

Melanie

Julie York
06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Why did they lock you out?

Sharon
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I noticed that the majority of respondents were positive about men in skirts - as long as they were not trying to dress and emulate women.
Melanie

Why did they lock you out?

Perhaps because Melanie is dressing to emulate women.

Tina Dixon
06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Can't believe I went there, some neet reading, here's a link.
http://forums.christianity.com/Skirts/m_1328510/tm.htm

Phyliss
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I guess we were both there at the same time. Rather interesting conversation. Wonder what they would think of my skirt?

Tina Dixon
06-09-2006, 07:04 PM
I bet if it wasn't a Cristian site they would really let the guy know what they thought.

Melanie R
06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
They locked me out because they said I was promoting the acceptance of crossdressing.

Hugs,

Melanie

Kimberley
06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Ohhhhh Nooooo! SHE'S one of THOSE!!!

Gotta love tolerance. Sorry to hear it Melanie.

:hugs:
Kimberley

trannie T
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Jesus said "Love God, love your neighbor." Not difficult concepts to comprehend. Attitudes as presented by the 'conservative christians' make me proud to be an athiest.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-09-2006, 10:57 PM
They locked me out because they said I was promoting the acceptance of crossdressing.

Hugs,

Melanie

***** them.

I'm very sad that happened.

I take it you're not banned from the site, just restricted from certain topics? If so, they can't stop you from addressing things like bigotry or hypocrisy? Call them on it and then bug out for greener pastures.

Veronica

kneehighs
06-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I read every post in that thread. The general consensus seemed pretty accepting of a man in a skirt. There were a couple of people who outright opposed it, a couple who didn't care what other people wear to begin with, and it seemed like the majority really didn't have a problem with it. Amazing actually.

Tina Dixon
06-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Jesus said "Love God, love your neighbor." Not difficult concepts to comprehend. Attitudes as presented by the 'conservative christians' make me proud to be an athiest.

I here you, my self I still can't believe I went to a Jesus web-site:eek:

Kimberly
06-10-2006, 07:15 AM
You know... on reading the thread on the christianity.com site, I thought: "For the first few posts, this sounded like a conversation on crossdressers.com...

Am I on the right forum!?!?"

Just goes to show the hypocracy:

What I noticed was that women wear whatever they want, weather pants or a skirt of all types of fabric and patterns. Why are guys cloths so limited? God fobid we have some color and style. Women wear both, and no one thinks a thing of it. Let me guess, because it's different if you do it.

Edit... Dammit! Is this all the mention we get?? :p

There is also the precedent set by transvestites.
I thought there would be more bashing than that!!

Keep wearing those skirts, ladies. :)

~Kelly~
06-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I actually sat and read the ENTIRE post. It is actually quite sad because it seemed there were quite a few people in there who were at least forward minded enough to at least somewhat accept it, but then there were the loudly outspoken few who were trying to "get them back in line". If people could make up their own minds about something, I think we would be in a better place. Instead, I believe there is a fear of being looked down upon by their own community if they show support. (but thankfully there were a few who showed no regard at all for other's criticism, and overall I think that is a good sign) Maybe I read it wrong, but that is how it looked to me.

Kathryn
06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
I was very interested to see the slant of several of the responses on that site. It seems to me that anything is OK as long as the morality police approve. I wonder how they would feel if they read some of the conversations on this site. We would all be subject to late night raid and severe questioning. "Love God, love your neighbor.. as long as the morality police determine the rules! I don't think that that is what Jesus meant do you?
Kathryn+?

~Kelly~
06-10-2006, 07:47 AM
there is one bible verse that was brought up on the thread and was given as "biblical proof" as to why they thought it was "wrong". I thought it would be interesting to get everyone here's reaction to the "rest" of the passage. This is quoted directly out of the Bible (from Bible.com) Just to let you know where this "proof" is coming from. (I especially like the tassel verse.....LOL)

Deuteronomy 22

1 If you see your brother's ox or sheep straying, do not ignore it but be sure to take it back to him. 2 If the brother does not live near you or if you do not know who he is, take it home with you and keep it until he comes looking for it. Then give it back to him. 3 Do the same if you find your brother's donkey or his cloak or anything he loses. Do not ignore it.

4 If you see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen on the road, do not ignore it. Help him get it to its feet.

5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

6 If you come across a bird's nest beside the road, either in a tree or on the ground, and the mother is sitting on the young or on the eggs, do not take the mother with the young. 7 You may take the young, but be sure to let the mother go, so that it may go well with you and you may have a long life.

8 When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.

9 Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled. [a]

10 Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.

11 Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

12 Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.

and in the next chapter there is this.....no point at all other than I find it funny

9 When you are encamped against your enemies, keep away from everything impure. 10 If one of your men is unclean because of a nocturnal emission, he is to go outside the camp and stay there. 11 But as evening approaches he is to wash himself, and at sunset he may return to the camp.

Kate Simmons
06-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Just wanted you all to know, I was kicked out of my church for refusing to give up Ericka. Ericka is here to stay, however, and I still believe in God no matter how narrow minded other people are. Ericka

kwebb
06-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Kicked out of the church? Wow, that's madness.

I am afraid this is a fight that will go around in circles until the end of time.

Bigotry loves company, where do they get all this anti-TG mindset from?

julie w
06-10-2006, 10:23 AM
jesus did not wear pants , priests wear dresses , do you really think god
would care what you wear ,look what religion is doing to the world ,its
ok to bomb each other but a man cant wear a skirt

susandrea
06-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Men all over the world wear garments that are not pants.

http://www.kiltmen.com/world.htm

~Kitty GG~
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Its all about WHAT you believe.

And I think its just as bad to pick apart other people's beliefs.

I still say that if you profess to follow a religion you should be following it all, not just the parts that are easy.

Religion is not about logic its about faith. And if the person believes the bible or whatever book they follow is God's word than it doesn't matter what people on some other forum think of their beliefs.

As far as bigotry goes.. There are no laws in the US that prohibit men from dressing in women's clothes. And so if men started to do so.. there would be some giggles.. but those would die down when it wasn't a novelty to see men in dresses anymore. That doesn't compair to the abuse that women, blacks, or gays had to endure. And they didn't make it through that by changing religion. They took their place in society. And those who didn't like it complained but who won in the end???

I know that some are thinking that if you dress in women's clothes you'll get beat up. Well not on the train, in restaraunts, at the office.. etc. You probably won't want to walk alone at night. But neither do we women. And nobody's gonna burn a cross on your front yard or have you fired from your job or arrested. They aren't gonna come into a night club and arrest all the CDs or take them out back and beat them to a pulp.

If its against someone's religion or morals that a man wear women's clothes.. how does that hurt anyone but them?

~Kitty~

cdgirl
06-10-2006, 04:31 PM
If you want some fun visit the christianity.com web site and section "skirts" in the Ethics and Morality section. Since this thread was started by a woman yesterday there have been 160 responses and 1385 views - shows you how huge this site is. I noticed that the majority of respondents were positive about men in skirts - as long as they were not trying to dress and emulate women. They locked me out so I can't respond to any of the messages..

Melanie hi im roberta i would loveto see in the work place men wearing a suit which entails shirt tie jacket pantyhose or stockings skirt and heels.if women now a days wear slacks and sox and flats.why can't we wear
skirt hose heels and jacket and tie to business.i tell you some of us look better in a skirt and heels then women in slacks and flats

stephanie100
06-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I am not a religeous person and would not go to their site reason Id put em down on their own site we got rid of gods like Zeus MArs etc how about one more.0.02
Steph

Kimberly
06-10-2006, 05:25 PM
its ok to bomb each other but a man cant wear a skirt
Haha!! The best response yet! :D

... we are spawn of the devil, people!! :evil:

serinalynn
06-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Haha!! The best response yet! :D

... we are spawn of the devil, people!! :evil:

I believe its safe to say that much of the Bible was written at least 1900 years ago when God was still trying to organize the people. Seeings how most of them were residing in the middle east, look now and see what that part of the world has become. Mostly an arm pit of terriorists and decient citizens who end up paying the ultimate price, but you see who gets all the headlines in the papers. I'd like to believe even God didnt want to see the world as it is today.
I believe in wearing what I'm comfortable in, even if God doesn't like it. I was raised as a cristian and believe in God Almighty. I dont believe in this day and age those of us here on earth give two hoots about teaching of nearly 2000 years ago. There for if I feel like wearing womens clothing like I am right now I'll do it. I had them on this morning when I went shopping and I still have them on now at 4pm in the afternoon.
After all the world has changed alot in 2000 years and even the Bible would be significanty different if it were written as a whole new book now. As far as I'm concerned go ahead and were what you like and be comfortable in what ever you wear. If you dress in womens clothing look like a respectable woman and act like it.
I love wearing a skirt or a dress on ocassion, Its a much easier way to walk. Being born a male and working in a macho male environment it will be a while before I wear a skirt to work.

Ellaine
06-10-2006, 06:42 PM
9 When you are encamped against your enemies, keep away from everything impure. 10 If one of your men is unclean because of a nocturnal emission, he is to go outside the camp and stay there. 11 But as evening approaches he is to wash himself, and at sunset he may return to the camp.

I'm confused! :(

What happened to "Love your enemies"?
Yet here it says, if you have nocturnal emissions you have to leave camp untill the following evening!

Is that for not consumating the "love" bit? :o

AmandaM
06-10-2006, 06:49 PM

Hey, it's not God's fault. Don't let them close your mind to the possiblity that God is there.

Deborah
06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
:D How long do you think before i get banned? (page 8)