PDA

View Full Version : A Delicate Question

Phyliss
06-09-2006, 08:00 PM
So,....I'm sitting here reading the various postings and just enjoying my evening, and it dawns on me that I've got to "soak the beans"
Saturday night in New England calls for Baked Beans. I won a few awards for my baked beans, so I get to cook them. First thing is to soak them the night before.
Now, we all know what beans can do to some people. This kinda brings me to my "delicate question"
I'm not trying to find out any secrets that should not be revealed, but rather some proper manners.
As most of you know, I came out to my sister about two weeks ago and she promised me a shopping trip. Knowing her, this isn't gonna be a quick two hour jaunt. I'm talking about Her Highness The Queen of shopping. Right out of the closet and into a FULL DAY of shopping. It means breakfast early then hit the stores by 9a.m. and go all day.
Sounds like a dream right? Somewhere around 2p.m. we're gonna have to find a place so I can repair my face, complete with razor, O.K. I can do that. Breakfast isn't gonna last all day, we'll need to eat at some point, O.K. I can do that. Lots of walking in my wedges, O.K. I think I can do that. Anything that goes in, will at some point, have to exit, I DON'T think I can do that. especially with my sis there, she's like a puppy.
My question is: What are the "rules" when in The Powder Room?
As a guy I instinctivly know the rules we have.
1. walk up to the urinal stare at the wall and go.
2. never look at another guy.
3. if you need to use a stall, do so without hanging around.
4. if it's occupied stand four paces away and stare at the floor.
5. never speak to anyone, even if you know them.
6. if while in the stall you have to break wind do so in a macho way so that everyone else will approve of your virility.
7. grunt if you wish, be sure to sound releived when done.

So, when in the Ladies Room, what should or should NOT be done.
I don't want to make any mistakes in THERE.

jillinla
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I would strongly suggest that you not use the ladies room

Don't risk the possible disaster

Tamara Croft
06-09-2006, 08:08 PM
1. Don't go in alone
2. Go in, be quick, go out
3. Oh and wash your hands ;)

I think you will be ok, you look pretty much like a grandma (and I mean that in a nice way) :bs:

Wenda
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
1. Don't go in alone
2. Go in, be quick, go out
3. Oh and wash your hands ;)

I think you will be ok, you look pretty much like a grandma (and I mean that in a nice way) :bs: A good guideline, posted earlier on another thread, is go to the washroom for the gender you are in at the time. Tamara's most important point, "Don't go in alone". Lady's all have private stalls, so there is a chance you can make the trip without the need for any personal contact. If you are tucked and taped, be sure to have some replacement tape in your bag. Have fun.

Sally24
06-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I would reccomend a unisex 1 person bathroom. They're not hard to find. Most small fast food places are now single person bathrooms. If you are "read" coming out of a 1 person ladies room, most women are not going to make a fuss. If you get "read" inside a ladies room, there might be trouble. You first time out you should minimize stress and try to enjoy yourself.

trannie T
06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Go in with your sister or have her check out the restroom first. She'll stand lookout for you. And don't forget to sit down.

Phyliss
06-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Tamara, thanks for the compliment about looking like a grandma. There isn't really much that can be done with the face other than use what I have and become "the part"

Blend in is the name of the game. Actually I'm not really worried about being "read". I just don't want to violate any "protocols"

I had kinda figured on using my sis to do some advance scouting for me. It seems that mall type restrooms are larger than a gas station type and therefore allow for more people at one time.

The only thing I do know, is to NEVER allow your purse to touch the floor when using the stall. That and be sure to hike the skirt up ALL the way so as to not have a wet spot in back if it should dip in the water. :eek: :mad:

Josi
06-10-2006, 05:41 AM
I always use the "ladies" when out as Josi .. never unaccompanied and always remember to put the seat lid down ;) ..

I am NOT a convincing girl .. anyone who takes a look will see that I am a "geezer in a dress" .. BUT .. I have never had a problem.
I am "in and out" .. I dont stand in front of a mirror and preen .. just do what I have to do and exit.

I wouldnt want to make any GG feel uncomfortable.

Have fun

Sarah Rabbit
06-10-2006, 06:59 AM
If we are talking about using female amenities because you are a Female O.K goe with what the girls say. But if you want trouble a trouble free evening, use the Disabled Toilet. Being non gendered, it is probably the safer bet:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

~Kitty GG~
06-10-2006, 09:33 AM
The only thing I do know, is to NEVER allow your purse to touch the floor when using the stall. That and be sure to hike the skirt up ALL the way so as to not have a wet spot in back if it should dip in the water. :eek: :mad:

Be sure to check that your skirt didn't get tucked in your panties/hose!!!

You'll do fine. You look great. If there's a unisex toilet available that's always the best bet.. and they're bigger!

Unless there are laws forbidding you to use the ladies room. And if you're not gonna be peeping over or under the stalls at the other users.. I can't see that anyone's gonna give a rip. And as Tamara said you look like everyones gramma.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~
ps.. the baked beans sound wonderful!