PDA

View Full Version : Tri Ess

GabrielleS
06-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi Girls,

Have been wondering what Tri Ess is since I've seen it mentioned in several posts....well I did a yahoo search and found it :happy: Looks like a neat organization.

Can anyone who is a member give their feelings, thoughts and all on the organization, please? Am thinking of joining and just want to hear what others think :happy:

BTW, I did ask - send an email to Tri Ess - but thought that I would ask here also.....since my SO is aware of my CD'ing, how is mail correspondance handled? Hate to have the SO discover before I tell her :winking:

Thanks --- hugs and kisses

Debbie

Tina Dixon
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
There's a lot of gals here who are members, I have not joined yet but have talked to them, looking forwords to joining some day.

Melanie R
06-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Dear Debbie,

Tri-Ess is a support organization for crossdressers and their significant others. The membership of 1200 includes over 300 wives with chapters in 40+ cities. From my perspective as a member for over 23 years, Tri-Ess can provide excellent support for CD's and their wives as well as a safe place to go enfemme. Tri-Ess does provide members with a quarterly magazine that has some quality articles and a directory. Each July Tri-Ess has a conference, SPICE, (Chicago in 2006) for crossdressers and wives that focuses on relationships. The annual Holiday Enfemme convention is held in different cities each year. In 2006 the holiday is in Dallas. The www.tri-ess.org web site will provide you with valuable information. Where do you live?

Hugs,

Melanie

VeronicaMoonlit
06-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Tri-Ess is great, if you're a certain kind of CD, a member of their "focus", which I think you are. So go join already. They do a good job on the wife support (the PALS program) and they do the SPICE conference

Mail from Tri-Ess has no Tri-Ess name on the envelopes just the street address/PO box. It will come addressed to your male name. They understand privacy.

The Mirror, (that's the quarterly magazine) to put it bluntly needed a little more variety in submitters and topics.

But the only way to know if Tri-Ess is really for you is to attend a couple of meetings. And take your wife.

You can read through my posting history and see other comments on Tri-Ess which I will not repeat.

Veronica

Maureen Henley
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Tri-Ess is great, if you're a certain kind of CD, a member of their "focus", which I think you are. So go join already. They do a good job on the wife support (the PALS program) and they do the SPICE conference...

But the only way to know if Tri-Ess is really for you is to attend a couple of meetings. And take your wife. ...

Veronica

Veronica said it more succintly than I could. For the right CD and SO, it can be a godsend, but they are closely focused.

Definitly give them a try, especially if you're new at going out in public.

GabrielleS
06-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds like I'll give them a try and see...will be especially helpful if I come out to my SO ;-}

Alicia_lynn419
06-11-2006, 11:28 PM
I was a member of Tri Ess, and for a while it helped me a great deal.. but I also found that most members in my local chapter did not take into consideration the feelings of their partners.. how difficult it can be on a SO.... Being a CD in a relationship is never easy and there are always 2 sides to consider... I felt after a while, that the other side was NOT being considered.

I think its a great group for someone just "coming out", but there is a time and place for them... I felt I out grew them. Now I'm single again I have thought about rejoining... my situation has changed. Each chapter has a different dynamic, just try to remember balance.. its too easy to be encourage by others around you and forget about the ones around yo that mean the most..... I found this out the hard way...

Inredsatin
06-12-2006, 05:22 AM
DebbieGirl,
I have been a member of Tri-Ess here in Atlanta for the last six months. I not only find them a great organization but a great support group. They welcomed both me and my wife with open arms. If your wife wants to talk to any of the other wives to bounce things off them my wife has found them to be more than willing to talk. In fact they encourage it,and its any time during the month as there are those who graciously give their home phone numbers and will take the time to help your wife over the rough spots she may be having with a crossdressing spouse.
I do encourage you and your wife to join as it is not only a way you can express your girly self by going out and enjoying activities as a woman, but also the support you may need during the rough times
Hope this has helped ,
Brenda

GabrielleS
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi Girls,

I just want to thank you all for sharing about Tri Ess it was very sweet of you all....anyhow, there seems to be a constant theme -- that of the coming out, supporting the SO. I'm not sure how ready I am to do that yet, but maybe my joining Tri Ess will help me to decide (one way or the other)....so it looks like I shall give it a try!

So bottom line...thanks everyone!

Hugs and Kisses,

Debbie

ErikaLeigh
06-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I finally met with ladies (Stephanie & Georgia :happy: ) of my local tri-ess this morning. I was a bundle of nerves at first, but they made me feel at ease real fast. They gave me info to look over with a lot of advice on what to do and not to do (now I just have to read it). This was the first time I had ever met any "sisters". So for any ladies considering it, dont hesitate.

KathlyLC
06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I used to belong to Tri-Ess myself, (Sigma Epsilon) in Atlanta, Ga, years back. I have been to quite a few different Tri-Ess sorority meetings allover the USA. I will say this, they are not all created equal. At one time the group in Atlanta consisted mainly of TS's.....and their views were not what most CD's were. Its just that TS/TV/CD/Gay/Les all seem to hang together for one reason or another, more so back then as compared to now, anyhow. I stopped attending Tri-Ess in Atlanta back around 98 or so.

A good chapter with a good outreach program and one that has GG support from members wifes etc is worthwhile.

Phoebe Reece
06-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Sigma Epsilon Chapter of Tri-Ess is now a very different organization from the one attended by Kathy in the 90's. We have a program that includes help for crossdressers that are just coming out to fit in and enjoy themselves. It has excellent support and participation by the GG's. If anyone wants some specific info on what we currently are doing, please contact me.