PDA

View Full Version : Fear!!!!

janelle
06-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Ladies, thoughts have been running wild in my head lately. I would really like to come out all the way, work & all. But with my family & even some of my friends still some distance from accepting me How can i step the rest of the way out alone? Maybe i am moving to fast as my shrink says & need to give the family time & just enjoy going out when i can, is that a more reasonable appoarch? I have talked with some others here ( in my town) but they wish not to be known so its just me & a few sales ladies that i can share with at this time. I do have my sister & we were out once & had a wonderful day(pics are coming), but its a long drive with gas prices so high.
Sorry for rambling on, so please give your thoughts on slowing down, or just taking the bull by the horns & letting the chips fall as they may?
Thank you very much girls, you are truely family.
Hugs, xxxx,
Janelle

Julie York
06-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Coming out as what? TS? CD?

And why do you think you NEED to inflict this on anyone else anyway? Or rather...EVERYONE else. Why not select one person, or two, and test the waters. What do you think it will achieve if you do tell people? Maybe what you want to achieve could be gained by another less dramatic route.

Good luck anyway.

Sophia Rearen
06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd have to say slow down. You've only been here for 6 months. Back in January you were looking to do a makeover and a mall excursion. Now, all out? I'd say slow it way down. We've heard it a million times, baby steps. It's true. You want to run, but you should really crawl. Slowing it down will give others time to adjust. There is still time.

janelle
06-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi girls, 1st Julie: i have told a few people that i feel i am a woman & want to go on with it. I am waiting for them to come to terms with it, but i am like a kid in a toy or candy store. Its the first time in years i have been happy, so to answer you yes i would like to live the rest of my life as Janelle.

Sophie, Hope i got that right. I think your right but like i just told Julie, i am a kid, i'm very happy & want to dress everyday instead of a couple times a week. My sister said when she saw me that she had never seen me happier, & wanted to know with i was going full time. Takes time i know, just seems some many bad things going on in my life right now i want something good if only for myself. I know that is selfish but my mom has said i have worried about everyone else for so long that it is my turn, so maybe i just want a little bigger taste of my pie. Hope it makes sense.

Thank you both & i hope you don't read me as being mad( Julie). This is a wonderful family hear & we all can speak our minds in love. Thank you.
Hugs xxxxx,
Janelle

Joy Carter
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Janelle I'm so happy for you but don't press you luck Hun, the people at work may see you as a distraction and you may be let go because of it. Think about that Wynn Dixie truck driver down South he just told coworkers he was CD and still got fired. Much luck to you and just take it slow Hun.

:hugs:

SherriePall
06-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Janelle -- It's something none of us wants to hear, but I think you should slow down. Cross all your t's and dot all your i's. There is something about dressing that causes us to have a "high." And this causes us to think that full-time is the best time. Just take a deep breath, enjoy your dressing whenever, and really make sure that full-time is best for you.

Teresa Amina
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Tough advice but they're all right about going slow. I'm so happy I could burst sometimes just to be Teresa in the house but I'm only out to one person beyond this forum and I'm going to keep it that way for awhile. Gotta remember most the world is pretty much against we "Gender Variant" types. It'll work out over time but take care and be sure of each step.

Byllie
06-11-2006, 08:29 PM
My 0.02 ... K.I.S.S. (Keep It Slow, Sister).

Angie G
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Sophia is right girl beby steps maybe every one don't have to know.
Angie G

Bernice
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Haste makes waste!

Be true to yourself and your spouse. Everyone else is a bonus. Any one of them could almost ruin your life if they turn out to be genuinely hostile. :hugs:

paulaN
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Maine life in the slow lane. I'm used to slow, perhaps you should get used to it too.

janelle
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Ladies, i will slow down & enjoy what i do have. Those around me here at home & all you wonderful girls, thank you.
:hugs: :love: , Janelle