PDA

View Full Version : Busted...

ReginaK
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I went over to my mom's house to help her paint and she noticed I had painted fingernails (silver). Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

Oh well. I can't say I didn't try to educate her.

NatalieBliss
06-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Regina,
I am sorry to hear about that. I hope your relationship with your mother isn't too strained to get back on track quickly.

Adrianne
06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I went over to my mom's house to help her paint and she noticed I had painted fingernails (silver). Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

I hope she comes round soon Regina.

Holly
06-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear what happened with your mom, Regina. Keep on loving her, and I bet, in time, she will at least come to an understanding.

Barb Valentine
06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear that
But mothers alway love there children no matter what

GabrielleS
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry to here that....and like what has already been said hope that your relationship isn't strained, and she gets over it.

Hugs and kisses,

Kate Simmons
06-12-2006, 03:31 AM
How does nail polish make you gay? must be that "secret ingredient" Huh? Tell her she must be gay then if she wears it. Ericka

suzy
06-12-2006, 03:45 AM
Regina,

That's a sad story.... I'm sorry to hear it, but I believe that in short order, she'll understand and accept you as always!!:happy:

Helen MC
06-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Assuming you did not actually want to be caught then it would have been so simple to remove the nail varnish before going to your mother's house.

I have always been careful to avoid any giveaways if I visit those who I would not be happy knowing of my CD side . Of course I don't go out en-femme and I dont use makeup such as nail varnish anyway.

Brianna Lovely
06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

So much for the "gay acceptance" that people on this forum are always talking about.

I think that the "don't ask don't tell" rule is in full force, in most of the world.

People just don't like anyone that is different.

Wendy me
06-12-2006, 06:48 AM
don't worry too much abought mom ... sometimes thay are kinda stuck in their ways just next time lose the polish before you go over there ....

Clare
06-12-2006, 07:02 AM
It's always the little things that catch you out isn't it? How many times have I come close to be discovered because I didn't remember I'd applied lipstick three hours ago?

Don't worry about it - Mom was just taken aback and responded on cue. Given time, she'll consider it and realise it's not a major lifestyle change in you. Tell her it's trendy or something. Then again, is this the time to 'come out?'

LaSirenaBella
06-12-2006, 07:23 AM
but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

Sorry to hear that, Regina. Been there...I understand. :(

Annesah
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm shure it'l be OK eventually. A mom's love is unconditional. Best wishes Regina.

Maria D
06-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I remember an Australian comedian commenting on the British 'thing' that a male pierced left ear is the sign of being gay. He thought that having sex with another man was the sign of being gay...

Julia Cross
06-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm with Helen on this one. You had to know how your mother feels about things like men wearing nail polish. She you mom. So it should come as no surprise to you that she was shocked. While I applaud you courage and hope you are able to educate her, I don't thionk you should be too surprised by her reaction, as her son you should have known what to expect.

Julia

ReginaK
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
How does nail polish make you gay? must be that "secret ingredient" Huh? Tell her she must be gay then if she wears it. Ericka

It must be. I guess all those gay people I know who don't wear nail polish, must not be gay at all.

Assuming you did not actually want to be caught then it would have been so simple to remove the nail varnish before going to your mother's house.

I have always been careful to avoid any giveaways if I visit those who I would not be happy knowing of my CD side . Of course I don't go out en-femme and I dont use makeup such as nail varnish anyway.

I've done it before and she never noticed. I didn't care about being caught, because I wasn't really trying to hide it. I would have taken it off if I knew it was going to be such a big deal. It was already looking pretty worn, so I just planned on taking it off after I got through painting.

It's always the little things that catch you out isn't it? How many times have I come close to be discovered because I didn't remember I'd applied lipstick three hours ago?

Don't worry about it - Mom was just taken aback and responded on cue. Given time, she'll consider it and realise it's not a major lifestyle change in you. Tell her it's trendy or something. Then again, is this the time to 'come out?'

I was thinking about it, but I don't know now. She asked if I also wore women's clothes. I didn't dare fess up to that. That would have been like pouring gasoline in a fire that was already out of control.

Amelie
06-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the club, we can always use another member.

Always remember to use plenty of KY lube.

Brie
06-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Fingernail polish makes you gay? Hmmm, I guess about 2/3 of the guys at my son's high school are gay including my son! LOL

ReginaK
06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm with Helen on this one. You had to know how your mother feels about things like men wearing nail polish. She you mom. So it should come as no surprise to you that she was shocked. While I applaud you courage and hope you are able to educate her, I don't thionk you should be too surprised by her reaction, as her son you should have known what to expect.

Julia

Not really. It's not like she's presented with men in fingernail polish on a regular basis so I didn't really know how she's react.

EricaCD
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM
send her to this site! We'll set her straight on that question.

NatalieBliss
06-12-2006, 07:52 PM
So much for the "gay acceptance" that people on this forum are always talking about.

I think that the "don't ask don't tell" rule is in full force, in most of the world.

People just don't like anyone that is different.

Brianna -
If I may be so bold... I really didn't get the vibe that Regina was horrified about her mother thinking she was "gay" I think she was just trying to set the record... uh... straight (for lack of a better term) Why wear a label that dosen't fit?

Sarah Rabbit
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Although my family know and are O.K. with it. My S.O's family do not know about Sarah. At a recent family get together, I had reason to take off my shirt, forgetting about my Navel Adornment (fortunately I was facing my S.O at the time) She followed me into the bedroom and :kickbutt:

Sarah R. :bunny:

gennee
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM

My wife thinks I'm nuts because I polish my toenails.

Gennee