PDA

View Full Version : When Marla Met Julie

Marla GG
06-13-2006, 04:11 AM
A few days ago, my friend Julie York posted an account of her first time EVER being seen en femme by another human being – me!

When Julie Met Marla (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32764)

As enlightening as that thread was, I thought some of you might be interested to know what the experience was like from my perspective as well. I would have posted sooner, but Angel and I just got back from our trip to England yesterday, so this is the first opportunity I’ve had to sit and reflect on the events of that afternoon.

I knew that Julie was nervous about the prospect of dressing with me, but I was sure I would be able to coax her into it when we finally met, especially considering the message that I found in my fortune cookie the evening before:

But my persuasive manner wasn’t even needed, as Julie had apparently already made up her mind to go through with it, come hell or high water. All I had to do was ask, and the next thing I knew I was getting out my makeup and going to town! Oh and just to set the record straight, Julie claims my makeup kit is bigger than Chicago, but in reality it is only about the size of Heathrow airport, I swear. Anyway I took my time applying primer, concealer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick, all the while explaining what I was doing and why, while Julie was (unbeknownst to me) quietly having a heart attack, or an out of body experience, or something like that. Thank God she didn’t pass out! Would I have had time to remove all that makeup before the ambulance came, or would I have had to come up with a clever explanation….like….erm…..”my friend here was a bit rashy, and we didn’t have any calamine lotion, so I….” Nah.

Julie has lovely features and it was a pleasure to do her makeup. I thought she looked beautiful, and I told her so, before sending her off to put on an outfit that we’d chosen together. She took rather a long time getting changed, and I began to wonder whether she’d gotten cold feet, so I called through the door, “Are you coming out soon sweetie? I really want to see how pretty you look.” Then voila, she stepped out and….wow! There was Julie York! I told her how sweet she looked, and gave her a hug. Then we started setting up the camera for pictures, which was when I realized that compared to Julie, I was underdressed in my capris, blouse and sandals.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1802/juliemarla40mq.jpg

But I had a great idea…..why not wear some of Julie’s clothes! Maybe even the famous red shoes! I had a look through Julie’s “secret” drawer of girly things (not so secret any more, are they?) and chose something that was NOT PINK to go with the red shoes. I changed into my outfit and we amused ourselves for a while clicking about in our 4” stilettos and taking photos. Then I had another great idea…..wouldn’t it be fun to swap clothes? Hey it would be just like a Fictionmania story, only without the pervy bits. So I got to wear not only Julie’s red shoes, but her black patent ones too.

When the photo session was over we sat down and ate a nice meal which Julie (ever the thoughtful hostess) had prepared earlier, and had a few drinks. Yes I said a few! Not ten! Not even five! Although it is a well-known fact that I lose my ability to count after three, so who really knows. Anyway, it was a lovely and memorable day.

It seems to me that quite a few members of this forum have some kind of social life en femme, and regularly interact with other people in the real world. Some of you are fortunate enough to have accepting friends or family members with whom you can spend time, others go out and mingle with public, and still others attend TG group socials where you can be yourself in the company of supportive people. But everyone here, even those who are completely “out,” can probably also remember a time when no one knew your secret, when the only soul who ever saw you dressed was yourself in the mirror. A lot of you are still in that situation now, having no safe and feasible way to meet other people in girl mode. I have always seen that as a sad thing, both for crossdressers and for the world. For me, participating in that magical transformation from guy to girl is very exciting and rewarding, which is why it was such a treat for me to help Julie with her makeup, hair, and clothes, and see her go from drab to fab before my eyes. To Julie, I’d like to thank you for your hospitality and for allowing me to be the first (but hopefully not the last!) to appreciate your feminine charms in person. And to everyone else, I hope that if you ever get the chance to introduce your femme self to an accepting friend, you won’t let the opportunity pass you by.

DanaJ
06-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Marla - let me the first to post and say what an angel you are, and Angel is an angel too! Julie, well, I'll have to tell her later what she is ;)

Anyway, your story above has really put a smile on my face before work this morning, and that is really hard to do! Well done all of you....

stephanie100
06-13-2006, 05:07 AM
I agree you are an angel and Julie you are really beutiful Go girl!!!!:hugs:
Steph

Phyliss
06-13-2006, 05:11 AM
That is so nice to be able to share something so special.

How I envy you. A truly beautiful thing you did.

pedebra
06-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Marla, I hope Julie knows how lucky she is to have someone as sweet and understanding as you.

Clare
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Marla, I enjoyed your story, seems like you both had a great time!

I just have one question - did you keep the painting of the famous red heels? If so, when does bidding start on eBay?

Wendy me
06-13-2006, 05:37 AM
veary cool your so sweet thanks so much for shareing that with us ......

Sharon
06-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Sorry, I stopped reading when you said there were no "pervy bits." :sad:

:D

It seems to me, Marla, that it is you who should bear the name "Angel," and I think you did a great makeover for Julie, in more ways than one, and I especially applaud Julie for her coming out. :thumbsup: :happy:

TGMarla
06-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, Marla, if anyone could pull anyone out of a closet, it'd be you. It's a wonderful thing that you and Angel did with Julie, and we're all the richer for having got the opportunity to share in your experiences. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Say....the American Southwest is a great tourist destination........ :D

Olivia
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Hear, hear!! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Damn! That was so cool Marla. It was a wonderful experience for all concerned it seems and it makes me smile to think of the warm, caring people with whom we associate in this community of ours. Well done to all involved! Now, if you and Angel would care to swing through Texas, well, I'm sure that Jackie and I will try to entertain and amuse you two, while you're sitting up that makeup kit Marla. Great story-thanks for sharing it with us. Olivia

Jennaie
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
What a truly thoughtful and giving person you are Marla. I often have to stop and just say to myself, "GG's just don't get it", but every once in a while there comes someone like you, who not only gets it, but understands it probably better than we do. You bring a smile to my face, and I'm sure you put one on Julies. :happy:

Sophia Rearen
06-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Very Sweet, Marla. Thank you.
If you like to travel, I see a career in it for you. How wonderful would that be? Have them pay all your expenses and time. You would be able to travel and they would gain a wonderful girlfriend. One Girl At A Time.

Julie York
06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
You didn't say how witty amusing and charming I am in real life!!:eek:

Sophia Rearen
06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I realized that compared to Julie, I was underdressed in my capris, blouse and sandals.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1802/juliemarla40mq.jpg

I love this outfit, very cute! You look beautiful.

Sharon
06-13-2006, 10:32 AM
You didn't say how witty amusing and charming I am in real life!!:eek:

Yes, funny that. :straightface:

Julie York
06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes, funny that. :straightface:

Exactly!

:tongueout

kathy gg
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Still in shock over Julie having feminine charms!??what? hahah!

Hey, looks like you two had a blast! Thanks for psoting more pics and more of the story.

hugs

Michelle I
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Marla:

I loved the post but I am a little jealous:happy: . Anyway it was wonderful to read about the great time in both of your lives. Thanks for sharing and being there for Julie and all of us,

Melissa

Siobhan Marie
06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Its nice to read the other side of the story. Am so jealous :GE: would love to meet up and spend some time with one of my sisters. Am so glad that you all had a good time together.

:hugs: Anna x

BlueKat
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
What a truly thoughtful and giving person you are Marla. I often have to stop and just say to myself, "GG's just don't get it", but every once in a while there comes someone like you, who not only gets it, but understands it probably better than we do. You bring a smile to my face, and I'm sure you put one on Julies. :happy:
I totally agree....
What CD would not KILL to have a woman like Marla in their life? :thumbsup:

Tina Dixon
06-13-2006, 06:02 PM
For once I have no snappy comment here, just a great tale for the two of you, and Marla what a special person you are:thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Well, what can I say?.....that wife of mine! :eek: She is one of the few that's for sure! I'm so glad that Julie decided to let Marla see her femme self and I would be totally happy if this happened again with any other cder because I am in the extremely fortunate position of having all of what she said and did with Julie (and more) just for the asking any time I like. Sometimes it's not just for the asking either as occasionally she will come home with some new Mac make up and tell me that she wants to try a particular color of foundation or eye shadow on me to see if it suits me. I get this with clothes too, sometimes she will have been to the mall and have "found" something that she thinks I'll look cute in (her words not mine) both in "girly boy mode" (which she loves) or totally en femme mode. Marla can be quite an assertive woman when she wants to be :D

I'll stop now because I don't want anyone to hate me, but let me just say, and to copy and paste Marla's original post "I hope that if you ever get the chance to introduce your femme self to an accepting friend, you won’t let the opportunity pass you by" because in retrospect, you'll most likely hate yourself for a missed opportunity if you don't. After all we only get one life.

KateW
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Great story - thanks for sharing! I'm very impressed at the painting too...

Dragster
06-14-2006, 04:08 AM
We don't hate you for being so fortunate Angel, we're just dead jealous and we all want to know how you developed such an understanding relationship with your wife, so we can follow suit!

I still want to know why you were not in on the photo-shoot yourself. I can just imagine the three of you delving into Julie's dress-up box, fighting over who was going to wear what. Just like three women at the sales!!! And if you want to make it four next time, call me! Please. Pretty please!

Tony

suanne
06-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Thank you Marla. Well thank you Julie and Angel. After reading both threads from Julie and then Marla it made me think of how much I really enjoy this forum. I do feel some what jealous of the fun Julie had. But I also feel a part of it all. Yes I know she was very uneasy, but you could not tell by looking at her photo. You look great Julie. You and Marla look great together, just like true friends should. Things like this help to keep the forum together, and gives us all the feeling of family. Yes Marla it is sad that so many of us have to keep our female side hidden. But with more people like you Marla and Angel, some of us are, and hopefully will be able to express ourselves without fear or shame in this crazy world we live in.

To Marla:love: and :hugs:

Suanne

CharlaineCadence
06-14-2006, 05:08 AM
Hmm I think you look rather ravishing and beautiful but certanly not underdressed. Simple is beautiful also. As for your post simple wounderfull. Though you two look like sisters.

kiss kiss
char

Kimberly
06-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Great... just great! For both of you :)

Missy Anne's GG
06-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the heartwarming story, Marla. It looks like you really made Julie's day, no week, no -- perhaps lifetime?!

Hugs to all of you -- Marla, Angel and Julie :hugs:

KrazyKat
06-16-2006, 01:56 PM
More Hugs, thanks for sharing, Marla!!
Julie, thanks for sharing you to us!! I'm thinking the red shoes are up for auction for sure!! You look mmmmarrvvelous, darhling!! :love:

Kat

Julie Avery
06-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Fascinating, and nice to read. Thanks! (for doing, for posting....multi-level thanks).

Doug

RebeccaLynne
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Marla, your encouragement and acceptance of crossdressing knows no bounds. Yours and Julie's posts have been a beacon of light for us all. To enable her to express her femininity in such a positive atmosphere is absolutely enchanting! Please accept my most heartfelt congratulations for you selflessness. You are indeed a gift to be cherished forever. Everlastingly Yours, RebeccaLynne.

Julie Avery
06-16-2006, 04:24 PM
One more thing, to Angel Darling: you two really must have a very mature (and I don't mean "old!") and fine relationship going. Jealousy has not reared its head in the present context, and in my experience that's a rare absence. Inspiring, really.

Doug

Jenn2716
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
What a great experience for you all! I am so pleased that such friendships are forming on these boards. It gives me great hope.

Khriss
06-16-2006, 04:33 PM
....now all I can think of is "sandwitch cookies" ...:eek: :D

i know -my badd-hehe (You'sgurlsareGreat!!) xx"K"