PDA

View Full Version : Snappy Comebacks

Sally24
06-13-2006, 05:01 AM
For our next girls trip my wife and I are considering going to a Mystery Dinner Theatre. This would require closer interaction with people than we have done before. I was just trying to think what I would say if someone confronted me, the ole "Are You A Man?" thing. There will be drinking so it is more likely that people would say what they think instead of censoring themselves.

Any ideas girls?

DanaJ
06-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Depends if you want to be educating or confrontating :)

For confrontation, if a guy asks "Are you a man?" you could reply "Are you?"
If a woman asks "Are you a man?" you could reply "Are you?" :D

If you want to educate, well.... good luck ;)

Kate Simmons
06-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Always waiting to use the comebacks: "Your point?", "Excuse me?" or "Yeah, and...?". If someone were to call me the "B" word, I'd say: "That's MS B to you" or "Thank you". Ericka

Sharon B.
06-13-2006, 05:34 AM
From your photo I don't think you will have a problem.

Clare
06-13-2006, 05:39 AM
I haven't experience in this type of situation yet, so I can't offer any definate advice to you. All I can say is go with what you feel is the most appropriate response - just don't be confrontational whilst in femme mode!

Good luck to you and I hope to hear how the Mystery Dinner Theatre pans out.

Wendy me
06-13-2006, 05:43 AM
like your ever going get a chance to check...

Betty H
06-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Tell them its a mystery Sally.

Sharon
06-13-2006, 06:55 AM
"Are you a man?"

"Yes and no."

If I was asked the question.

myMichelle
06-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Several years ago, a few of my co-workers learned of Michelle's existence. There was one guy who pestered me on and off for a few weeks. He kept asking me to tell him about Michelle, etc. My usual response was to simply deny that I had any idea what he was talking about and ignore the question as best I could. One day, though, this guy started to ask me whether Michelle liked to wear lingerie. I just looked him in the eye and replied "You don't expect me to give away my trade secrets, do you?"

All of the above to say that a simple one-liner worked for me. It's not mean, rude, or nasty so it won't instill a feeling of hostility in the recipient...feel free to use this if the situation arises. It worked for me. Good luck in your adventures. Do let us know how things go.

Sandygal
06-13-2006, 07:11 AM
I think I would reply with " I am who I am" then let them figure it out as I sashay away.

Amanduhrob
06-13-2006, 07:17 AM
"I'm not a man, but play one on tv." or "No thanks, I'm driving." The first one usually gets you a smile, and the second one confuses the hell out of most people.

Casey Morgan
06-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Since you wanted snappy comebacks, here's a few. Mind you, I'd probably use a bit more tact than this.

"Why, are you looking for one?"
"Care to find out?"

Less snappy, more deflective:
"The old red herring trick, huh?"
"Sorry, I'm a guest too."
"Wow, I didn't realize I was part of the mystery."
"(pretending to take notes) Asked if I'm a man."

JoAnnDallas
06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Shari_Ann......I liked you last one. I added to it. LOL
To self..."(pretending to take notes) Asked if I'm a man. Response....I'll have to get back to you later on this one." walks away....

Georgette
06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I am by day but when night falls I am Superwoman. Do you want to find out?:straightface:

Jennaie
06-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Only when I have to be. Do you ever feel that way?

Scrunchie-Bunchie
06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
<call to wife> "Hey Jane. What time are we supposed to be seeing Ethel". Just ignore him and move over to your wife to start a conversation.

Rikkicn
06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Only when I have to be. Do you ever feel that way?
I like this one. Also
When someone asks me if I'm a man, the best universal answer for me is.
"Not, anymore. I wasn't very good at it".
or something similar.
"I tried but I just couldn't make it work for me".

Julie York
06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
"Yes....Do you want to check my credentials?"

Karren H
06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
How about:

Wait! Let me check! (Putting yout hand down under the table). Oh Yeah, I'm a guy!!

Or: I can't remember!! (Turning to your wife) What am I again?

Or: Why, is IT showing again? Damn!! Nothing ruins the lines of a nice dress like a penis!!

Or: No!! But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Experss once!!

Hehehe. Have fun with it!!

Love Karren

RikkiOfLA
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
How about this one:

Questioner: Are you a man?

Response: Why, are you in love with me?

That ought to do it! :winking:

ErikaLeigh
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Or this answer. Partially, Part WO, Part MAN.

Tracy_Victoria
06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
"why, do you want a date if I am, or a date, if I'm not?"

Georgette
06-13-2006, 03:59 PM
One more, No I am WONDER WOMAN working under cover.:heehee:

Ashley in Virginia
06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
If you were going out in jersey, you could use phrases like F*** you, and shut the F*** up. That way you could fit right in with the locals.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-13-2006, 05:11 PM
I'd probably say something like:

I'm transgendered if that's what you're asking.

or

maybe.

or if I was feeling like a joke:

No, Actually I'm a panda, I fell into The Magical Spring of Transgenderness while practicing my panda-te fighting techniques, and now when I eat chocolate I turn into a transgendered person. I really like chocolate.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Angela Burke
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Get drunk,
Have a fight.
Become incredibly remorseful.
Have a really good cry.
Feel lots better.
Someone says to you "Do you wish you were a woman?"
You say "Yes, do you?"

Shelly Preston
06-13-2006, 05:55 PM
How about saying

If I was i'd be on the jerry springer show

or

Why do you need help finding one ???

trannie T
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
"Are you a man?"
"Tonight I'm not."

Rachel Morley
06-13-2006, 07:20 PM
If someone ever asked me "are you a man" when I was en femme, I'd say back "why do you want to know?" I'd do my best to try to put it back on them.

Kimberley
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
"More of a man than you'll ever be and more of a woman than you'll ever have" Angel from Rent.

Nasty, I know... I guess it would depend on the circumstances of confrontation.

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-19-2006, 03:13 AM
There's the old drag queen stand-by: I'm more man than you'll ever be and more women than you'll ever get! (assuming the question is posed by a man, just reverse things if it's asked by a woman)

Joy Carter
06-19-2006, 03:32 AM
This happened to me at work after being outed and one cretin called me a c*** sucking queer. I told him "what are you going to say when your friends ask who beat you up". After that he only called me names when he was with his friends. No back bone I'd guess.