PDA

View Full Version : My real feelings

Kate Simmons
06-13-2006, 07:36 AM
It's been nice to be a member of the Forum for the last few months and be able to post and respond to different threads. I feel I know most of you by now by your postings. I have a lot of respect for everyone. Some may feel I'm a bit eccentric by the things I say but I do it that way to get people thinking about things. I'm a realist after all. Veronica had the right idea in saying we need to secure our rights as a community. Right now however, we are very loosly organized at best and wouldn't be very effective. AUNTIE is a dream of mine and it stands for: Agency for Understanding National Transgender Issues and Empowerment. It would be nice to have such an Organization to address the real (and not fringe) issues we face as a community. Anyone involved would have to take ownership of it but do it in such a way as not to interfere with family issues and values.The object would be to show folks we are just people after all with a different viewpoint. We need to develop ourselves as individuals first however before such a thing could come about. In the meantime, we just take things a day at time and hope for the best. Knowing you have friends here on the forum to talk to makes things just a little bit better. My love to you all, my friends. Take care, Ericka

Julia Cross
06-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi Erika,

Your post was beautiful and from the heart. Thank you. I love your idea for AUNTIE. it is definately something I feel is worht pursueing. Please keep me in the loop if anything develops.

Julia

Darlene Rochelle
06-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Ericka,thank you for all you do to contribute to this forum/family! You are a wonderful girl!:cheer:

GabrielleS
06-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi Ericka, follow your dream ... it could be a reality some day! And if I can help please feel free to ask away!
Debbie

wannabie
06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Do you have a website setup for AUNTIE? we could pass it on to people we know.

Jennaie
06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
How ironic Ericka, all the post I have read, "most of them fictional", that it is the auntie who forces the boy to dress as a girl and parades him out shopping in public as a girl. The girl from A.U.N.T.I.E. ?

I love your views on things Erica. I hope you are able to get something going in the future with your idea. :happy:

Kate Simmons
06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
I may not be posting too much in the near future. I have some issues (family, spiritual and personal) that have to be addressed directly by myself and will take a lot of my time. Don't worry, Ericka is not going anywhere any time soon. I will be watching the forum and posting when I able. I am a firm believer of the axiom:getting my own "house" in order before I can offer help to others. I'm certainly not perfect and don't pretend to be and appreciate the input from my friends. One thing I am sure of is that I love all of my CD,TG,TS brothers and sisters and consider them special folks who contribute a lot to the world whether they are appreciated or not by people in general. Take care, Ericka

christine55
06-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I feel the best way to get the rest of society to see what we are like is to act well when we are out. Don't try to make a scene. Be polite to anyone we meet. If you get read, say by a clerk, try to say something nice. I have had nice talks with clerks by asking how they knew I am not a girl. Don't mess up dressing rooms. Leave unpurchased items back on the rack as you found them. There will always be creeps, but even though I live in a very conservative town I have had very few problems.
Hugs, Christine

Bernice
06-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I may not be posting too much in the near future. I have some issues (family, spiritual and personal) that have to be addressed directly by myself and will take a lot of my time.

Oh Sure, get us all riled up, our panties all in a wad, ready to do battle for truth, justice, and AUNTIE'S way, then tell us you're going on vacation!:Pullhair:

No, seriously, I think you have a good idea, even if hardly new or unique (except for the acronym). It needs to be done. It's been tried before, and failed, but that is no excuse to stop trying. :hugs:

VeronicaMoonlit
06-13-2006, 09:16 PM
No, seriously, I think you have a good idea, even if hardly new or unique (except for the acronym). It needs to be done. It's been tried before, and failed, but that is no excuse to stop trying. :hugs:

Nothing stopping us from working within the already existing groups. If a group has become stagnant, help revive it. If there isn't one, start one. If a group needs a hand, lend it. That sort of thing.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2006, 04:59 AM
The trouble with most groups is that it ends up where a few people are carrying the ball for everyone else and eventually suffer "burnout". This happened with the national chairperson of Renaissance a few years ago and she stepped down after many years of service. I was sorry to see that as I was basically getting started then. Whether it's an existing group or a new one, you need dedicated people at the helm and a clear agenda. One gal told me it would be best if we all worked in "soup kitchens" or helped the homeless and maybe then people would appreciate us for who we are. Doesn't matter in my opinion whether you are helping others or just doing things for yourself, people are going to talk about you anyway in a negative way because they are human. Still, you have to help yourself before you can help anyone else. It would be best to get a strong organization going with clear goals first and then reach out to help others to show we are only people trying to help people. Once you have a strong org with confident members, no negative opinions will shake your resolve. Like I said however, we have to grow individually first. I feel this Forum is a step in that direction. There are a lot of good people who contribute here and more coming out every day. Ericka

Win Der Mere
06-14-2006, 05:07 AM
Ericka, I wish you every success with AUNTIE. I like your approach, and am personally grateful to you for helpful advice. I hope you have soon get your personal issues satisfactorily sorted out, and look forward to "seeing" you around again soon.
Count me in on the Auntie idea.

Dalesman.

Kimberly
06-14-2006, 05:49 AM
AUNTIE sounds like one of those brilliant ideas that could flesh out into something incredible.

I'd happily be a member. Even better if people could get it off the ground. :)

KateW
06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
We could even get some products on the market too... hows about Auntie-freeze for defrosting your car on those harsh winter months. Auntie-virus software, for feminizing all known bugs and spyware. Auntie-depressants, to cheer up those with limited wardrobes. Auntie-septic cream, for use on newly pierced ears. Waddaya reckon?

Kate xxx

Siobhan Marie
06-14-2006, 05:26 PM
The trouble with most groups is that it ends up where a few people are carrying the ball for everyone else and eventually suffer "burnout". This happened with the national chairperson of Renaissance a few years ago and she stepped down after many years of service. I was sorry to see that as I was basically getting started then. Whether it's an existing group or a new one, you need dedicated people at the helm and a clear agenda. One gal told me it would be best if we all worked in "soup kitchens" or helped the homeless and maybe then people would appreciate us for who we are. Doesn't matter in my opinion whether you are helping others or just doing things for yourself, people are going to talk about you anyway in a negative way because they are human. Still, you have to help yourself before you can help anyone else. It would be best to get a strong organization going with clear goals first and then reach out to help others to show we are only people trying to help people. Once you have a strong org with confident members, no negative opinions will shake your resolve. Like I said however, we have to grow individually first. I feel this Forum is a step in that direction. There are a lot of good people who contribute here and more coming out every day. Ericka

Ericka, I love it here as well. The Auntie idea sounds great, you can certainly count me in :happy: I can honestly say that this is the friendliest and warmest forum that I have ever been a part of. I feel like I belong here I really do. Ericka , I hope you sort out your family problems and are not away for too long, we'll be here when you come back, you are more than welcome to PM me if you want someone to talk to.

Take care and loads of :hugs: Anna x

gennee
06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
It's been nice to be a member of the Forum for the last few months and be able to post and respond to different threads. I feel I know most of you by now by your postings. I have a lot of respect for everyone. Some may feel I'm a bit eccentric by the things I say but I do it that way to get people thinking about things. I'm a realist after all. Veronica had the right idea in saying we need to secure our rights as a community. Right now however, we are very loosly organized at best and wouldn't be very effective. AUNTIE is a dream of mine and it stands for: Agency for Understanding National Transgender Issues and Empowerment. It would be nice to have such an Organization to address the real (and not fringe) issues we face as a community. Anyone involved would have to take ownership of it but do it in such a way as not to interfere with family issues and values.The object would be to show folks we are just people after all with a different viewpoint. We need to develop ourselves as individuals first however before such a thing could come about. In the meantime, we just take things a day at time and hope for the best. Knowing you have friends here on the forum to talk to makes things just a little bit better. My love to you all, my friends. Take care, Ericka

You have a wonderful idea, Erika. I agree that the real issues in the transgender community. I'm working on my end to accomplish this. It's funny that you mention this because it is one of three primary goals that I want to see this year. One of them was to go out dressed in public and I have done that twice. My third goal is to march in the pride parade. I think that transgenders have achieved some goals but more needs to be done. Good luck with your idea. Need any advice, let me know.

Gennee

:thumbup:

gennee
06-14-2006, 06:32 PM
I may not be posting too much in the near future. I have some issues (family, spiritual and personal) that have to be addressed directly by myself and will take a lot of my time. Don't worry, Ericka is not going anywhere any time soon. I will be watching the forum and posting when I able. I am a firm believer of the axiom:getting my own "house" in order before I can offer help to others. I'm certainly not perfect and don't pretend to be and appreciate the input from my friends. One thing I am sure of is that I love all of my CD,TG,TS brothers and sisters and consider them special folks who contribute a lot to the world whether they are appreciated or not by people in general. Take care, Ericka

I will pray for you, Erika. I trust every will be okay. I love my CD/TS/TV brothers and sisters, too. They are my family. Keep in touch.

Gennee:<3:

MsEva
06-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Ericka, as a former citizen of the great republic of the Poconos..you know I always have your back..you do what you have to do, I will support you.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2006, 06:40 PM
We could even get some products on the market too... hows about Auntie-freeze for defrosting your car on those harsh winter months. Auntie-virus software, for feminizing all known bugs and spyware. Auntie-depressants, to cheer up those with limited wardrobes. Auntie-septic cream, for use on newly pierced ears. Waddaya reckon?

Kate xxx
Not to mention Auntie-Uncle "spruce up" LOL Ericka

Kate Simmons
06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Ericka, as a former citizen of the great republic of the Poconos..you know I always have your back..you do what you have to do, I will support you.
Sounds good Hon. I'm thinking about sitting down and writing "scope and purpose" for AUNTIE. (any ideas from you gals would be greatly appreciated. It's a group effort even from inception). Love, Ericka

paulaN
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Ericka thanks for beeing you. I love the idea of auntie. get your house in order and maybe we can get something going.

Jolene
06-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Good Luck Ericka and we all hope to see you back soon. I have always enjoyed your posts ......... Jolene