PDA

View Full Version : en femme voice

GabrielleS
06-13-2006, 09:43 AM
OK....you're out en femme for an absolutely wonderful evening on the town with your SO or maybe with some of the girls. Time to order dinner....you open your mouth and out comes :idontknow: Do you have an en femme voice to go with the whole package...and if so, how did it you develope it.

As for me, I haven't been out yet, but sure need to develop something :happy: Don't want to ruin the night sounding like I do....just wouldn't fit :winking:

Debbie

Tracy_Victoria
06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
This subject was covered a little while ago, it should not be to hard to find the thread.

However I didn't post in that thread so!

I once heard that the image is more important than the voice, ie if they see before them a woman, the illusion is not shattered totally if you actually have a husky or deepish voice, as there are RG with these sorts of voices.

changing you voice is not that hard, many mimmics can do several in the same breath, I found just slowing down lowering my tone, and speaking from my throat, and not my chest works for me, but only practice will make perfect, and don't forget you hear your own voice through the jaw bone, hence why whe you see a recording you say " I don't sound nothing like that!" do I?

good luck!

Emily Ann Brown
06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, I have a VERY fem voice (this from GGs, as well as other dressers). It took forever to find, and for me I just fell into it one day after many frustrating hours trying to raise my pitch and soften my volume. Once you discover how to do it you wonder why you didn't get it sooner. It's so darned easy.

I have had 20 minute conversations and had no problem running out of "voice".

Emily Ann

QZ2
06-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Try this,

Gently put the lower part of your adams apple between your thumb and index finger. Say something in your normal voice then gently push the adams apple up and see how it cha nges your voice to a more feminin tone. That would be an almost natural sounding voice that you could use and it would take very little practice to use it without touching the adams apple.

It works for me, love, Suzie

mskilmer
06-13-2006, 10:23 PM
The femme voice thing worried me a lot until I actually started going out dressed. Sure ... I try not to sound TOO manlike ... but I find if I just speak softly nobody seems to notice ... or at least nobody seems to care.

GG Vanya
06-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Try this,

Gently put the lower part of your adams apple between your thumb and index finger. Say something in your normal voice then gently push the adams apple up and see how it cha nges your voice to a more feminin tone. That would be an almost natural sounding voice that you could use and it would take very little practice to use it without touching the adams apple.

It works for me, love, Suzie

tie a scarf really tight around your neck right at the adam's apple line. <grin>

Tamara Croft
06-13-2006, 11:26 PM
tie a scarf really tight around your neck right at the adam's apple line. <grin>That's evil :lol: or, electric shocks on the balls :p I'm sure after a few of those, you'll be talking like a girl in no time at all :bs:

ashlee chiffon
06-13-2006, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=QZ2]Try this,
hey luv....that's weird, tried it and it's something i'd never heard of doing before, but does change the pitch! gotta play with this one!!! thanks for the info!

Kate Simmons
06-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Actually it's not so much how you sound. It's the WAY you say things that makes most of the difference(electric shocks notwithstanding). Ericka

Karren H
06-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Mine stinks but it's good enough to get me through the check out line in the department stores (grin)....

Love Karren

GabrielleS
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Well thank you ladies....some interesting ideas, but I think I'll pass on the kicking and electrical shocks ;-}

KateW
06-14-2006, 09:07 AM
A swift inhalation of helium should do the trick. Then when you order food you will sound like a very feminine chipmonk. (I should charge for this advice!)

Clare
06-16-2006, 03:58 AM
I heard my voice once on an audio cassette and I was surprised as it did not sound like what I expected! My ex wife told me that I didn't have a strong masculine voice. So I asked if it sounded like a females and she said no, just more of soft tone if anything.

So hopefully I have a good start to the enfemme voice skills. If I talk slowly and quietly, I guess I could get away with speaking as a girl. I may have to try QZ2's method - sounds promising.