PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Marlene4a and Strange Coincidences

Stephanie Brooks
11-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Greetings and Salutations!

Marlene, I am so sorry about some of my weird posts and PMs over the last 12 hours. I hope you'll forgive me, and will read about why it happened. For all others, this should also clarify some of my odd responses.

Yesterday was Sunday. I was away from the forum for most of Sunday until night. I'd seen responses to a few of my posts from Marlene. In a response in this thread - How Do You Feel About Going Out Dressed? - Marlene said this: "It appears you are a collegue of mine." In a response in this thread - Lurkers - Marlene said this: "'Ok, so what is the speed of dark'? (You know what I mean Stephanie)"

Those were two perfectly innocent statements, at least to anyone but me. Here's why.

On Sunday evening I'd enjoyed a gettogether with some friends (geeks). During the evening, one of the guys said he couldn't wait for a machine that would flip genes so he could change himself. One of the implied changes was a sex change, based on what and how he said it.

We know him as The Speed of Dark.

Now, back to the forum.

I took Marlene's statements, "It appears you are a collegue of mine." and "'Ok, so what is the speed of dark'? (You know what I mean Stephanie)", and drew some conclusions. Reasonable as they may have been, they were the wrong conclusions!

1. I thought Marlene was talking about my friend with whom I'd just dined a couple of hours earlier, and that there was a real life connection betwee the three of us.

2. I was pleased if a bit anxious of such a connection, especially since I didn't know anyone in Seattle.

Thread responses and PMs later, I made certain associations with Marlene's responses that were not made by her. I was wrong!

As an aside, I wasn't concerned about possibly being "outed". While my friend The Speed of Dark knows nothing of Stephanie, I'm out to the general public; his knowing of Stephanie would be probably a non-issue.

Marlene, I hope I wasn't brash or inconsiderate in the earlier communications! I hope you can forgive me, and will accept hugs. *HUGS* to Marlene!

To all, this was a very strange coincidence, but it was a coincidence nonetheless.

Bye for now!

Love,

Stephanie :p

JoannaDees
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
"Coincidence? Or was it .... " ... Homer Simpson

Marlene4a
11-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow !! what a coincidence.

I can imagine now looking from here, how strange that must have sounded coming form someone in Seattle, and on this forum.

Oh...by all means Stephanie, no apology required on your part.

And many HUGS !! from me too.

By the way, thank you for the very nice PM that you sent. Very well written, very considerate of you, and much appreciated.

It is a priveledge getting to know you a bit.

Love

StephanieCD
11-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Wow... odd coincidences, indeed! I'd make the same assumption, Steph - never you mind! :)

Wow.... weird!